Ellen DeGeneres replaces Paula Abdul on American Idol

Zint

She probably has the most annoying personality in the world, ....

I have to agree.

And what does a talk show host know about music? I've never even seen her discuss music or bands before.

Have to wonder who she "knew" to get this gig.

...Ellen maybe will give an outsider's perspective (just a fan, not an industry insider) and add some humor. ...

I've never found her funny at all. :huh:

thats probably because you have no sense of humor. it's ok though, some people just don't have one.

I have to agree.

And what does a talk show host know about music? I've never even seen her discuss music or bands before.

...Ellen maybe will give an outsider's perspective (just a fan, not an industry insider) and add some humor. ...

thats probably because you have no sense of humor. it's ok though, some people just don't have one.

Agreed. Ellen is a beast and mad funny.

I have to agree.

Says the person with the giant "Weed" in their sig.

I suppose if I was smoking weed on a regular basis, I'd find her funny too. But, I don't.

I have to agree.

Says the person with the giant "Weed" in their sig.

I suppose if I was smoking weed on a regular basis, I'd find her funny too. But, I don't.

Says the person with a stupid recluse in their sig. (Did I do that right? :unsure:)

Anyway, I don't see what the big deal is. Paula was nice to most people, as Ellen will most likely be. You've got Simon there (who I don't know why he is on the show either since he doesn't fucking know shit about anything music wise either) to shoot everyone down and make them cry. You've got Randy to be cool and give some advice from time to time, but still not piss people off. And now you'll have Ellen to try to make people feel good about themselves, regardless of how bad they were.

A lesbian talk show host is now officially entitled to help decide who gets a recording contract in America!

LOL. What does her being a lesbian have to do with this? :lol:

She does shake her booty at the beginning of each show to the latest "club" tracks and then sexily shimmies over her little coffee table.

Have never seen a sec of her show(and don't plan to), but thanks for those visuals. :(

In general, Ellen seems very likeable and you expect her to be funny. But agree with Madison--she's just not. At least not in my limited exposure.

If IDOL was gonna go the les-comedienne route, give me Sandra Bernhard. That coulda actually been good.

Or I'm sure Kathy Griffin woulda gone lesbo for the gig. Is it too late?!!

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I have to agree.

To be honest I don't know if she's funny or not. I have never paid any attention to her. She's got the reputation though, and I'm assuming that's partly what they want out of her.

I have to agree.

She talks extensively about artists and bands, music is one of the biggest contributions to her show next to humor.

I don't think I can recall ever seeing any talk show host get so over-excited about having Prince perform on their show. She knows and recognizes the good stuff.

Since producers saw the incredible response Lambert got knowing that America knew he was gay... they probably feel safe about their choice.

Edited by JesusisSavior