The ELECTRO Thread!

highvoltage

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if these have already been mentioned or if you're familiar with them, but Metronomy, The Knife, MSTRKRFT, Cut Copy and Soulwax are some electro-pop/rock bands I've listened to lately and thought were decent.

MSTRKRFT are an essential, mentioned them already. Soulwax are the shit - I have a compilation of their remixes and some stuff from 2 Many DJ's, but i'll have to get some of their originals soon.

Cut Copy are Australian and they tour constantly so i've got the album and seen them 3 or 4 times. Metronomy and The Knife are two that my sister's been nagging me to listen to (the Knife in particular), so i'll definately check them out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bassnectar, BT, Infected Mushroom, STS9, and Aphex Twin are all awesome. gotta admit i dont listen to much electronic though

download This Binary Universe by BT and treat your ears to some of the most amazing shit created by man, its a wide range of genre's and timbres but its a fucking electronic symphony

• 2 months later...

Not sure if these have already been mentioned or if you're familiar with them, but Metronomy, The Knife, MSTRKRFT, Cut Copy and Soulwax are some electro-pop/rock bands I've listened to lately and thought were decent.

PS, I definately saw 2manydjs (aka Soulwax) on New Years Day. Up there with the absolute best acts I have ever seen. They closed their set with Breed (Nirvana) and the whole park went apeshit!

PS, I definately saw 2manydjs (aka Soulwax) on New Years Day. Up there with the absolute best acts I have ever seen. They closed their set with Breed (Nirvana) and the whole park went apeshit!

Gives me goosebumps. I wish I was there, I'm so jealous :P

• 3 months later...

- Must listen. Clip is great too.

- This song is sublime perfection. Great take on the original... another must listen, particularly if you're familiar with the original.

Bangkok - Boris Dlugosch - Bit wussy and cheesy but sticks in the head.

Fire Power - Wolfgang Gartner - Absolutely insane. Complete clusterfuck of awesome once it hits in.

- 18 year old from Sweden.

Electrojuice - Jackstick - Two kids from Denmark. 15 and 16 when they made this song.

- I love this song, video is pretty cool as well.

- I have no idea how many times I've danced (if you can call it that) to this song ;).

- Also from Denmark. Edited by Gods Favourite

- 18 year old from Sweden.

Never heard of this guy, but that track is slamming!

- I love this song, video is pretty cool as well.

Bought this one off iTunes but I'd never seen the video. :)

- I have no idea how many times I've danced (if you can call it that) to this song ;).

Saw him in January... His set clashed with Calvin Harris, but I made sure I stayed around long enough to see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsim4mqqVTE /

(not the pro shot but you see the whole crowd).

Entire stadium... front to back... unbelieveable.

Saw him in January... His set clashed with Calvin Harris, but I made sure I stayed around long enough to see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsim4mqqVTE /

(not the pro shot but you see the whole crowd).

Entire stadium... front to back... unbelieveable.

Jesus fucking christ, I envy you. What an experience it must've been for him :P I would love to see him live.

Hom many people were at BDO this year?