AC/DC's "Backtracks"

Jumpin' Jack Flash

AC/DC being my favourite band EVAR, I'm quite excited for this!!!

I've been following this rumour since Mid-Summer or so and had my doubts on whether it was true or not, but it appears to be happening!

Apparently AC/DC is going to be releasing a new boxset containg studio rarities and live rarities along with a live DVD...Nothing confirmed yet by the band but it should be within two hours or so on this website

http://countdown.acdcbacktracks.com/us/home

On Amazon, I found this interesting piece of news.

http://www.amazon.com/Backtracks-2CD-DVD-A...8260&sr=1-2

The packaging will be an actual, working guitar amp! Pretty original if you ask me....:P

All I hope is that the so called "Rare Tracks" aren't just Big Gun, Cold Hearted Man, Snake Eye, Cyberspace, etc...I want something I can't find with a simple google search. I think it'd be interesting to hear some outtakes or demos from the early Brian era '81-'85! And maybe some demos from when Bon just joined the band.

As for the live DVD, I'd like to see either the Circus Krone gig or the Roseland gig they did at NYC. I just wish they'd switch up the setlist a bit more, rather than just a fucking greatest hits thing like they have atm.

A'ight..so discuss and haters GTFO.

Edited by Jumpin' Jack Flash

All I hope is that the so called "Rare Tracks" aren't just Big Gun, Cold Hearted Man, Snake Eye, Cyberspace, etc...I want something I can't find with a simple google search. I think it'd be interesting to hear some outtakes or demos from the early Brian era '81-'85! And maybe some demos from when Bon just joined the band.

Nope - the tracklist consists of all the usual demos that we've already heard.

The live "rarities" are all versions i've got too. It's an awesome looking package, i'll still buy it, but there's not a lot of new content on there to get excited about, IMO.

Eh, nothing I don't already have, but it will be nice to have (presumably) remastered versions of all the b-sides. The Circus Krone DVD will probably be the high point, I fucking love the '03 shows. I'll buy it, but I don't really justify $200 on it. Going on the Christmas list...

I wish we could have seen some stuff that's never been officially released in any form...Messin' With The Kid, Blow Up Your Video sessions, Dave Evans sessions (If they do indeed exist), I'm A Rebel, etc. At the very least, the set should have Can I Sit Next To You, Girl/Rockin' In The Parlour...

I wish we could have seen some stuff that's never been officially released in any form...Messin' With The Kid, Blow Up Your Video sessions, Dave Evans sessions (If they do indeed exist), I'm A Rebel, etc. At the very least, the set should have Can I Sit Next To You, Girl/Rockin' In The Parlour...

I'm assuming you're talking about the Evans versions of those songs?

The guy is a complete gimp who's still trying to gravytrain off the AC/DC name. The Youngs really don't like him, so don't expect to see anything released that he contributed towards anytime soon.

In any case, I do agree with you somewhat in that anything at all would be better than re-releasing "Love Song"...

The guy is a complete gimp who's still trying to gravytrain off the AC/DC name. The Youngs really don't like him, so don't expect to see anything released that he contributed towards anytime soon.

In any case, I do agree with you somewhat in that anything at all would be better than re-releasing "Love Song"...

I can tell by the.... look.... in your eyeeeeeeeee

I can tell by the... way.... you sighhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, and Dave Evans is a douche. He was in AC/DC like Tracii Guns was in Guns n' Roses.

Yea. No sense putting the album version of Can I Sit... on the boxset, it's readily available. I know Dave Evans is a douche, but I am at the very least intruiged with the single/In The Beginning bootleg. I've always wanted to hear some more stuff, even if only for historical value.

And for the record, am I the only person in the world who actually likes Love Song? Yea, it's no masterpiece, but I don't see how it's as bad as most people think.

Nope - the tracklist consists of all the usual demos that we've already heard.

The live "rarities" are all versions i've got too. It's an awesome looking package, i'll still buy it, but there's not a lot of new content on there to get excited about, IMO.

Ahhh fucking hell :( I was expecting some more stuff, but meh. I'm still getting it! And it's nice to have all these tracks on one disc.

Eh, nothing I don't already have, but it will be nice to have (presumably) remastered versions of all the b-sides. The Circus Krone DVD will probably be the high point, I fucking love the '03 shows. I'll buy it, but I don't really justify $200 on it. Going on the Christmas list...

rock3 Fucking yes! That's the shit right there.

Here's the confirmed shit...

Track Listing Disc 1

"High Voltage" (Australian Release)

"Stick Around"

"Love Song"

"It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)" (Original Australian Release)

"Rocker" (Original Austrlain Release)

"Fling Thing"

"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" (Original Australian Release)

"Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round to be a Millionaire)" (Original Australian Release)

"R.I.P (Rock in Peace)"

"Carry Me Home"

"Crabsody in Blues"

"Cold Hearted Man"

"Who Made Who" (12" Extended Mix)

"Snake Eye"

"Borrowed Time"

"Down on the Borderline"

"Big Gun"

"Cyberspace"

Track Listing Disc 2

"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" (live) (Sydney Festival, 30 Jan. 1977)

"Dog Eat Dog" (live) (Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, 30 Apr. 1978)

"Live Wire" (live) (Hammersmith Odeon, London, 2 Nov. 1979)

"Shot Down in Flames" (live) (Hammersmith Odeon, London, 2 Nov. 1979)

"Back in Black (live) (Capital Centre, Landover MD, 21 Dec. 1981)

"T.N.T." (live) (Capital Centre, Landover MD, 21 Dec. 1981)

"Let There Be Rock" (live) (Capital Centre, Landover MD, 21 Dec. 1981)

"Guns For Hire"

"Sin City" (live) (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI, 18 Nov. 1983)

"Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" (live) (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI, 18 Nov. 1983)

"This House is on Fire" (live) (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI, 18 Nov. 1983)

"You Shook Me All Night Long" (live) (Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI, 18 Nov. 1983)

"Jailbreak" (live) (Dallas TX, 12 Oct. 1985

"Shoot to Thrill" (live) (Donington Park, 17 Aug. 1991)

"Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" (live) (Donington Park, 17 Aug. 1991)

Track Listing Disc 3

"High Voltage" (live) (Donington Park, 17 Aug. 1991)

"Hells Bells" (live) (Donington Park, 17 Aug. 1991)

"Whole Lotta Rosie" (live) (Donington Park, 17 Aug. 1991)

"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" (live) (Donington Park, 17 Aug. 1991)

"Highway to Hell" (live) (Tushino Airfield, Moscow, 28 Sept. 1991)

"Back in Black" (live) (Tushino Airfield, Moscow, 28 Sept. 1991)

"For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)" (live) (Tushino Airfield, Moscow, 28 Sept. 1991)

"Ballbreaker" (live) (Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas, Madrid, 10 July 1996)

"Hard as a Rock" (live) (Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas, Madrid, 10 July 1996)

"Dog Eat Dog" (live) (Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas, Madrid, 10 July 1996)

"Hail Caesar" (live) (Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas, Madrid, 10 July 1996)

"Whole Lotta Rosie" (live) (Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas, Madrid, 10 July 1996)

"You Shook Me All Night Long" (live) (Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas, Madrid, 10 July 1996)

"Safe in New York City" (live) (Phenoix AZ, 13 Sep. 2000)

Family Jewels Disc 3- DVD Listing

"Big Gun"

"Hard as a Rock"

"Hail Caesar"

"Cover You in Oil"

"Stiff Upper Lip"

"Satellite Blues"

"Safe in New York City"

"Rock 'n' Roll Train"

"Anything Goes"

Bonus Videos

"Jailbreak"