Looking for a Axl autograph

Birk

Yeah it's extremely difficult to find ones online that are legit. I would assume that the vast majority online are fake but you do find things come up that are legit.

It really comes down to the seller and what info they have to go with it and any evidence to back it up etc. Sometimes you just come accross stuff and know that it's real!

Here are 2 things I got Axl to sign personally ;)

Sealed copy of LLAS

24fh5yh.jpg

Drum skin

23iaumv.jpg

I have a few that I got from a guy I totally trust.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=201094714&albumID=1600939&imageID=31217975 This one I would never part with even though Axls pen bled.

I have a boxing glove with Axl and Slash I bought that on ebay but it seems to be real.

i have two other backstage passes from a freind that are signed by several original members.

I have two pics that I know are real of Axl signed. One is the black and white cover of rolling stone pic signed. I would even sell that one but It would cost you $150. IF yur interested let me know.

How did you get Axl and company to sign that stuff? I really just wonder how or where these people run into celebreties and get stuff signed.

yeh man i always wonder that too, would love to get backstage pass or something...im sure a few people on here have done so, calling out to you people..how did you manage that?

How did you get Axl and company to sign that stuff? I really just wonder how or where these people run into celebreties and get stuff signed.

yeh man i always wonder that too, would love to get backstage pass or something...im sure a few people on here have done so, calling out to you people..how did you manage that?

backstage, the hotel, outside the venue, or just buy them from someone reputable

http://www.frasersautographs.com/gallery.asp

This is probably the most legit and trustworthy place you could buy one from. They are a registered member of UACC and are world renowned for selling and authenticating signatures. Theyve also been on day time tv programmes like cash in the attic when people have wanted to sell a collection and have needed them authenticating, and they have and they have a shop in central London. Overall if you were going to buy one this place is trustworthy, though why buy an autograph? Half the fun is getting to meet the person... So I would wait and see if you could get it on the upcoming tour!

backstage, the hotel, outside the venue, or just buy them from someone reputable

when u say hotel, outside the venue...you mean like just ask a band member, or part of the crew? simple as that

Well I have never actually got backstage at a concert, in fact I have never actually tried. I just figured I would probably be lousy at giving head jobs or something so it probably wasnt' worth the effort. :rofl-lol:

I got my autographs and a photo at the hotel where they were staying.

http://www.frasersautographs.com/gallery.asp

This is probably the most legit and trustworthy place you could buy one from. They are a registered member of UACC and are world renowned for selling and authenticating signatures. Theyve also been on day time tv programmes like cash in the attic when people have wanted to sell a collection and have needed them authenticating, and they have and they have a shop in central London. Overall if you were going to buy one this place is trustworthy, though why buy an autograph? Half the fun is getting to meet the person... So I would wait and see if you could get it on the upcoming tour!

registered member of the UACC doesn't mean anything

All it means is they paid to become a member

UACC have no way to enforce their standards so the certificates are basically worthless

I can tell you this much seeking them out isn't a good idea. Its chance occurrences that are more likely. Hanging out at hotels is cheap and tasteless. in my book. A friend of mine and myself had a chance to meet Robin and Mix Master Mike and his guys in 2002 and we just let them go about there biz. I would have loved to talk to Robin but we weren't going to bother him. And as chance would have it I got my chance to meet and talk to Robin on his own terms. much better that way. And he was one of the sweetest people I have ever met.

It's all about the Karma man.

I can tell you this much seeking them out isn't a good idea. Its chance occurrences that are more likely. Hanging out at hotels is cheap and tasteless. in my book. A friend of mine and myself had a chance to meet Robin and Mix Master Mike and his guys in 2002 and we just let them go about there biz. I would have loved to talk to Robin but we weren't going to bother him. And as chance would have it I got my chance to meet and talk to Robin on his own terms. much better that way. And he was one of the sweetest people I have ever met.

yeh i know what you mean, i aint too sure if id linger outside the hotel...maybe round the back of the venue after the gig. Not sure though, id love too meet the band, get a few sig's and photo's

yeh i know what you mean, i aint too sure if id linger outside the hotel...maybe round the back of the venue after the gig. Not sure though, id love too meet the band, get a few sig's and photo's

talk to people that are selling the bands t-shits, cds, hats etc. in the venue.......for alot of bands those people are friends/part of the entourrage and they have access to everywhere you want to be.

i can't tell you how many after parties i've gotten into by just flirting with the girls selling the t-shirts or being cool if it was dude.

talk to people that are selling the bands t-shits, cds, hats etc. in the venue.......for alot of bands those people are friends/part of the entourrage and they have access to everywhere you want to be.

i can't tell you how many after parties i've gotten into by just flirting with the girls selling the t-shirts or being cool if it was dude.

yeah i can see how something like thatd work, worth a shot, u tried it with gnr?

I have Bumblefoots! :shades:

same, such a kool guy

It's much easier to get backstage or something if your a girl

because they are much more interested in giving you a pass

If you're with a couple of hot chicks you have a better shot of getting in if your a guy

In 2005 during the VR tour we went to the hotel after the gig Matt Sorum was already out the front when we arrived

I had him sign and he talked alittle

Scott Weiland went straight inside and didn't even stop it didn't look like anyone cared too much about that

then we went home and came back in the morning we waiting approximately an hour

the tour bus parked right out the front of the hotel.

met Ian Astbury and the new doors their bus was right next to VR's

VR all came to the bus one by one Slash then, Duff and Finally Dave

They weren't very talkative but signed stuff etc I guess they were tired from the night before.

Matt left for the airport in a separate car about 10 minutes later

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I sat with a mate in the bar of the hotel they were staying at drinking (I was pretty smashed by the end of the night too :tongue2: . That way even if we didn't see them I still had a good night!

When we saw them we went and asked for an autograph and a photo - fortuantely they were very obliging.

My advice would be don't look like a fan boy. Just wear normal clothes, don't wear a GNR shirt, if you want shit signed keep it hidden in a normal bag etc. Hotel security will probably throw you out anyhow if they think you're just there to chase autogrpahs.

I had heard that the day or two before the concert there were quite a few people outside the hotel chasing autographs etc. In those type of circumstances your chances aresignificantly reduced. We caught them a day or two after the concert when everyone had thought they had already moved onto the next city (I had heard they hadn't ;)

Edited by williambailey01

I sat with a mate in the bar of the hotel they were staying at drinking (I was pretty smashed by the end of the night too :tongue2: . That way even if we didn't see them I still had a good night!

When we saw them we went and asked for an autograph and a photo - fortuantely they were very obliging.

My advice would be don't look like a fan boy. Just wear normal clothes, don't wear a GNR shirt, if you want shit signed keep it hidden in a normal bag etc. Hotel security will probably throw you out anyhow if they think you're just there to chase autogrpahs.

I had heard that the day or two before the concert there were quite a few people outside the hotel chasing autographs etc. In those type of circumstances your chances aresignificantly reduced. We caught them a day or two after the concert when everyone had thought they had already moved onto the next city (I had heard they hadn't ;)

The bar is an awesome idea especially if the band like to party

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

If you're with a couple of hot chicks you have a better shot of getting in if your a guy

In 2005 during the VR tour we went to the hotel after the gig Matt Sorum was already out the front when we arrived

Scott Weiland went straight inside and didn't even stop it didn't look like anyone cared too much about that

They weren't very talkative but signed stuff etc I guess they were tired from the night before.

Trust me, me being a female didn't get me backstage. I am know where near what they are looking for in looks. I was very lucky and I know it. Never thought in a million years i would ever get to do that. But you never know.

As a matter of fact. When I did get backstage I didn't even ask for any autographs. None of us did. Its the memories that are priceless.

Trust me, me being a female didn't get me backstage. I am know where near what they are looking for in looks. I was very lucky and I know it. Never thought in a million years i would ever get to do that. But you never know.

As a matter of fact. When I did get backstage I didn't even ask for any autographs. None of us did. Its the memories that are priceless.

i probably wouldn't ask either unless it was the right time or mood

out of the new guys I would only ask Axl or Dizzy none of the other guys

cool backstage story :thumbsup:

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

My link

Axl is known to be a good signer when you are lucky enough to be in the right spot. Reputation of the seller is critical for his, or really any signature if you are looking to buy. PSA/DNA is now authenticating GNR signatures - try to look for their authentication if possible. With the tour next year, hopefully some new autographs will come on the market related to Chinese Democracy