All Information about Hamilton or venue here...

gunsguy

If anyone is thinking of coming here to this show I can give you details on hotel, airport, buses, taxi's maps, anything you need just ask in this thread and I will respond

where_is_hamilton.png

http://www.hecfi.on.ca/coppscoliseum/location.html

IMG015.jpg

Scan10014.jpg

The last time GNR played here was on March 12th/93

I live here and can answer your questions

Hamilton is situated about halfway between the London and Toronto shows, the market in this area boosts over 5 million people within 100 miles the market is huge and the music scene vast.

This event will sell out

Gunsguy

Edited by gunsguy

Anybody know a good way to get there if I'm flying to Canada from Philly? I imagine flying into Toronto? And then what? :lol:

They have flights from philly to hamilton I just walked in from vacation I will post more info about things here soon

Gunsguy

ok for those flying, flying into Toronto or Hamilton, (yes we have airport lol) it may be cheaper for you to fly to buffalo then cross border there into niagara falls, Hamilton is about 40 mintues from the border crossing. If you plan you trip and need help with logging or food ideas or hookers etc please let me know. Hamilton is located about 40 minutes from the border(niagara falls) and about 40 minutes from Toronto as well.

things to look into: would it be better to fly to Hamilton, Toronto or Buffalo airports ($$$???)

Gunsguy

COPPS:

101 York Boulevard,

Hamilton, Ontario L8R 3L4

From Toronto

* QEW to Highway 403 west Hamilton

* Copps Coliseum exit at York Blvd. South and follow directional signs to Copps Coliseum, at the corner of York Blvd. & Bay Street (5 minute from highway!)

From Niagara / Buffalo

* (approx. 86 km to Hamilton) QEW Hamilton to Highway 403 west Hamilton

* Copps Coliseum exit at York Blvd. South and follow directional signs to Copps Coliseum, at the corner of York Blvd. & Bay Street.

Gunsguy

ok for those flying, flying into Toronto or Hamilton, (yes we have airport lol) it may be cheaper for you to fly to buffalo then cross border there into niagara falls, Hamilton is about 40 mintues from the border crossing. If you plan you trip and need help with logging or food ideas or hookers etc please let me know. Hamilton is located about 40 minutes from the border(niagara falls) and about 40 minutes from Toronto as well.

things to look into: would it be better to fly to Hamilton, Toronto or Buffalo airports ($$$???)

Gunsguy

COPPS:

101 York Boulevard,

From Toronto

* Copps Coliseum exit at York Blvd. South and follow directional signs to Copps Coliseum, at the corner of York Blvd. & Bay Street (5 minute from highway!)

From Niagara / Buffalo

* Copps Coliseum exit at York Blvd. South and follow directional signs to Copps Coliseum, at the corner of York Blvd. & Bay Street.

Gunsguy

I'd have to disagree with flying into Buffalo for several reasons. First off, the Buffalo airport is in Depew, about 40 minutes from Niagara Falls. secondly, it's rather confusing to get from Depew to Niagara Falls if you don't know the area well. However if anyone plans to go this route, remember to cross at the Rainbow Bridge right in Niagara Falls. I've taken the Buffalo and Lewiston bridges, and both are total clusterfucks, especially Lewiston. I've waited more than 2 hours to cross at Lewiston before, and never waited more than 10 minutes on the Rainbow bridge.

Gunsguy

COPPS:

101 York Boulevard,

From Toronto

From Niagara / Buffalo

Gunsguy

I'd have to disagree with flying into Buffalo for several reasons. First off, the Buffalo airport is in Depew, about 40 minutes from Niagara Falls. secondly, it's rather confusing to get from Depew to Niagara Falls if you don't know the area well. However if anyone plans to go this route, remember to cross at the Rainbow Bridge right in Niagara Falls. I've taken the Buffalo and Lewiston bridges, and both are total clusterfucks, especially Lewiston. I've waited more than 2 hours to cross at Lewiston before, and never waited more than 10 minutes on the Rainbow bridge.

Friends of mine keep telling me to fly out of Buffalo whenever I'm traveling - I really don't see the benefit though. What you save in cash you're going to lose part of in gas money and rental car fees anyway. A flight from the US to Toronto round trip shouldn't be too bad at that time of year.

Keep in mind that if you're flying into Toronto, the airport is technically in the neighboring city of Mississauga, and is really nowhere near either the Toronto or Hamilton venue :P

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to Hamilton, London, and Toronto and currently hold tickets for GA for all three and also section 109 in Toronto. So, YES I AM attending!

I'm now reconsidering GA and looking for seats and want THE BEST for Hamilton as well as London.

At Hamilton, would this be - section 107 or 123? Rows 1-10 or 10+? Another section??

At London??

I want to be as close to sitting on Axl's lap as possible - seeing him perform live is literally a dream come true for me.....but I'm having second thoughts about achieving this via GA.

Any advice?

T-minus 64 days :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of buddies from North Carolina & I are thinking of catching both the London & Hamiltion Ontario shows.

WE are thinking of Flying into London, Ontario Saturday where we would stay in a hotel. Then Rent a car & drive to the Hamilton Show Suday night since it seems about 1.5 hrs away. Drive back that night after the show since I don't drink & then catch the London show Monday night before heading out first thing Tues. AM.

I've never been to either City. Does that seem feasible? any ideas? We don't have any tickets yet, but floor seats aren't too bad on Stubhub.

I actually got the green light from my wife! If we can pull this off it would be fucking awesome!! rock3

Thanks!

A couple of buddies from North Carolina & I are thinking of catching both the London & Hamiltion Ontario shows.

WE are thinking of Flying into London, Ontario Saturday where we would stay in a hotel. Then Rent a car & drive to the Hamilton Show Suday night since it seems about 1.5 hrs away. Drive back that night after the show since I don't drink & then catch the London show Monday night before heading out first thing Tues. AM.

I've never been to either City. Does that seem feasible? any ideas? We don't have any tickets yet, but floor seats aren't too bad on Stubhub.

I actually got the green light from my wife! If we can pull this off it would be fucking awesome!! rock3

Thanks!

That could work for sure its about 1- 1 and half hour drive between the two cities, check out the Hamilton show, then either stay there the night or drive back to London, keep in mind you have no idea when they will be off the stage could be a late drive

I Live in Hamilton, I will see this gig, then go to london the next day and spend night in hotel, then off to Montreal and back to Toronto shows... the train from London to Hamilton(10km out) is about $30 CA

keep in mind also the rules for border crossings, you need passport or enhanced drivers liscence

Edited by gunsguy

Thanks!

That could work for sure its about 1- 1 and half hour drive between the two cities, check out the Hamilton show, then either stay there the night or drive back to London, keep in mind you have no idea when they will be off the stage could be a late drive

I Live in Hamilton, I will see this gig, then go to london the next day and spend night in hotel, then off to Montreal and back to Toronto shows... the train from London to Hamilton(10km out) is about $30 CA

keep in mind also the rules for border crossings, you need passport or enhanced drivers liscence

Yep, Still got my passport from the 2007 GNR Mexico shows. Monterrey was a blast!! Sure glad I got it then! My buddies travel all the time so their good to go also. Sounds like our plan may indeed work! With all that snow & cold are the roads pretty safe to drive on?

If it gets too late after the Hamilton Gig, then I guess we can just crash in a hotel there since there's really no rush to get back to London- I assume there are plenty of Hotels close to the arena.

I'd love to see all 4 shows that week like you, but I gotta work just a little bit! LOL. But your gonna have one helluva week for sure! If they come to the US, I'm following them up the East coast this time!

It's all up to my buddies now- I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Edited by IRS2008

Thanks!

Yep, Still got my passport from the 2007 GNR Mexico shows. Monterrey was a blast!! Sure glad I got it then! My buddies travel all the time so their good to go also. Sounds like our plan may indeed work! With all that snow & cold are the roads pretty safe to drive on?

If it gets too late after the Hamilton Gig, then I guess we can just crash in a hotel there since there's really no rush to get back to London- I assume there are plenty of Hotels close to the arena.

I'd love to see all 4 shows that week like you, but I gotta work just a little bit! LOL. But your gonna have one helluva week for sure! If they come to the US, I'm following them up the East coast this time!

It's all up to my buddies now- I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Lets assume its bad weather, the road you take from Hamilton to London is a major highway and cleared first, the strech of highway does include part of the "snowbelt" and can at times be zero viability while blowing, it would be much safer assuming the worst to stay in Hamilton and drive in the day time, assume it takes one hour and a half normally to London, then add 30 mintes in bad whether you still have a shitload of time... I am taking public transit from show to show, while for the most part, I am taking train from Hamilton to London, then train or bus to Montreal, then bus back to TO, should be a fun week, lol might have to take two weeks off work LOL