Promo Poster Flats

Had a question about the 12" x 12" promo poster flats that you see. I have one for each of the album covers (see below pic) except for Lies - does anybody know if they made for Lies as I have NEVER seen one?

cojfp.jpg

Pics of the back of them:

15s0u4w.jpg

Here are the other ones I own does anybody know what other ones exist? I think I have seen a Since I Don't Have You - any others?

2lwkpq1.jpg

In a similar theme thought I would also post a pic of this. It's a Printers Proof of the original AFD cover. It also has the logo picture in black and white too printed onto photographic feeling paper which was a bit strange perhaps it was originally considered for inclusion?

fng2ab.jpg

I don't have the square flats but I do own a few of the cardboard promos/counter displays for albums and singles

Actually I think I have one square flat but I know it's not for Lies I think it's for knocking on heavens door

Cool collection of flat's Marcus

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

• 3 weeks later...

Cool, except for the first one I have never seen the others before.

Hey you know that first one, they also had a similar promo item in with some of the UK AFD cassettes as well:

2gslvr4.jpg

I don't know how rare this one is. But I haven't run into one before. I wish I had the other piece. It must have another one. It looks like it would be like my other one with a box for the tapes. But this is all i have of it. Anyone ever seen the rest of it?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=201094714&albumID=1600939&imageID=24070489

I don't know how rare this one is. But I haven't run into one before. I wish I had the other piece. It must have another one. It looks like it would be like my other one with a box for the tapes. But this is all i have of it. Anyone ever seen the rest of it?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=201094714&albumID=1600939&imageID=24070489

I vaguely recall seeing that (the item you have) possibly once on ebay but that's all - or perhaps the one I saw was the one you bought?

What do you mean by "it must have another one"? Do you mean like the AFD one where the tapes actually sit in the little cardboard display?

Regarding that big one I have always wondered where they were meant to display them. Did they just throw them up on the wall or did they actually place it in the vinyl racks with the albums and because the cardboard is slightly taller than the albums it stood out a little bit, so you could quickly flick to the GNR section??

Edited by williambailey01

I think they usually go up on the wall.

I have that tape one your talking about. And I was thinking it was like that, yeah. But I am such a dumbass. I took it out just now to take a look and its actually a stand up. It has the stand up back so its for a counter top on its own.

Classic - we start talking about tht AFD thing you posted Amy and now ones on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mounted-Advert-GunsNRoses-Appetite-For-Destruction-1_W0QQitemZ400085484825QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE?hash=item5d26f40519

The seller has quite a few similar things for sale although they are all mounted.

• 4 weeks later...

Man this really pisses me off, people deface nice collectible items by putting fake autographs on them (well they look fake to me):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GUNS-N-ROSES-GNR-Autographed-Album-Flat-By-3-RARE_W0QQitemZ400090646840QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d2742c938

That Axl autograph is terrible!!!

Edit - hmm according to the item description the 3 autographs are Adler, Dizzy and Gilby - whoose bloody signature is that at the bottom then???

Edited by williambailey01

Man this really pisses me off, people deface nice collectible items by putting fake autographs on them (well they look fake to me):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GUNS-N-ROSES-GNR-Autographed-Album-Flat-By-3-RARE_W0QQitemZ400090646840QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d2742c938

Edit - hmm according to the item description the 3 autographs are Adler, Dizzy and Gilby - whoose bloody signature is that at the bottom then???

99% chance of being fake The bottom one is a bad fake Gilby Autograph

These people who sell fake autographs are as bad as ticket scalpers

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

99% chance of being fake The bottom one is a bad fake Gilby Autograph

These people who sell fake autographs are as bad as ticket scalpers

Yeah I mean he has a buy it now price of $19.00, honestly if you went to the trouble of meeting these guys and getting something signed you wouldn't be bascially giviing it away. Plus you look at all the different autographs this seller has for sale it's a joke. You mean to tell me this person gave a shit about all these totally random famous people and got them to sign stuff - PLEASE!

Totally agree about the autographs but I don't agree that this is a collectible item. Looks like someone just made it, no? Of course, that does not mean it's not cool looking.

You reckon?

Whilst I have never seen it before it kinda looks like a Promo Poster Flat - although they are 12 inch x 12 inch and this one is on 11 x 11???

Totally agree about the autographs but I don't agree that this is a collectible item. Looks like someone just made it, no? Of course, that does not mean it's not cool looking.

You reckon?

Whilst I have never seen it before it kinda looks like a Promo Poster Flat - although they are 12 inch x 12 inch and this one is on 11 x 11???

Yeah, I would think that the printing would be crisper and that if it were to be an album flat, that it would have a glossy finish as opposed to a matte finish. But who knows? By the way, where do you see an Axl autograph on there?

You reckon?

Yeah, I would think that the printing would be crisper and that if it were to be an album flat, that it would have a glossy finish as opposed to a matte finish. But who knows? By the way, where do you see an Axl autograph on there?

Nahh that was my mistake I thought the bottom one was supposed to be Axl's, then I read the item description more closely where it said it was signed by Dizzy, Gilby and Adler, so it appears as though the bottom one is supposed to be Gilby's I think.