Dimebag

spunko12345

Just Been listening to some old Pantera albums and feeling severely pissed off. I am a huge Pantera fan, loved Damageplan and Dimebag was my idol, for it all to end with some fucking DERANGED fucking cunt to take this guy away makes my piss boil.

Im not gonna post an awesome Pantera video, there are a millions out there, just have a look. Im gonna post a song by Hellyeah. My respect for Vinnie Paul is through the roof. To witness your brothers murder is one thing but to keep going and continue making music takes real strength and is a fitting tribute to your brother. RIP Dime

I was never big on Pantera (after Cowboys, anyways), but he was a solid Metal guitarist. He became severely overrated after his death, though. Still, a pretty good guitarist and it's a massive shame what happened to him.

I agree, I'm tired of him being hailed as the greatest guitarist who ever lived, but he was damn good. The whole thing with his death is just fucked up and it never should have happened, RIP

that summer Damageplan were in all the metal mags getting solid reviews and he was inventing himself outside of Pantera. He got the best guitarist gong at the Hammer Golden Gods and was getting a lot of the praise and notoriety he deserved.

then it happened, and I dont think he ever peaked as a guitarist.

one of my favourites, i only wish I'd gone to see him live.

then it happened, and I dont think he ever peaked as a guitarist.

hard to say,

But I do find myself listening to the early stuff Power Metal, Cowboys and Vulgar. In those 3, I think the playing is some of the best metal guitar I've ever heard. The later stuff from Far Beyond Driven to Damageplan, seems pretty dumbed down by comparisson.

The only time he really cut loose in the latter years, was on the Rebel Meets Rebel album, and that was already pretty old by the time it came out.

Edited by moreblack

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sweet Tooth

I love watching Pantera's home videos almost as much as their actual music. Dimebag seemed like such a genuinely cool guy.

I can't count how many times I've gotten drunk "with" Pantera, fucking great videos!

I saw Phil with Down not too long ago, I'm glad he's cleaned up his act - he truly misses Dime. RIP brotha!

that's not Dimebag, is it?

Nah, its Hellyeah. Vinnie Pauls new band after Damageplan.

oh yeah, that's the one he did with the singer from Mudvayne and Bobzilla wasn't it?

Yeah thats the one. Saw them at Download fest a few years back and they were awesome. They have a new album coming out sometime next year.

that's not Dimebag, is it?

Nah, its Hellyeah. Vinnie Pauls new band after Damageplan.

oh yeah, that's the one he did with the singer from Mudvayne and Bobzilla wasn't it?

Yeah thats the one. Saw them at Download fest a few years back and they were awesome. They have a new album coming out sometime next year.

I can't wait man. I missed them last time they were around because I wasn't gonna go see the Family Values Tour, just to see Hellyeah. The new record will be slammin, no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...