Can Canadians Handle midnight concert starts????

King_of_Beers

So GnR are toruing Canada, I am interested to know from Candians and others if they can handle the midnight concert start time.

In Sydney it started to get a bit edgey around 11.45pm and still no Axl on stage

Lol, but I thought the show starts around 7:00 and GNR go on stage around 9:00! lol

Take the next day off from school or work and you'll be all right and hope that Axl has had a good day and decides to actually play a concert.

why wouldnt we be able to handle it? stupid question....

people might get restless and start rioting and or give the band the cold shoulder when they finally come on stage.

when i went in 06 i was shitting bricks till 12. i knew it wouldnt be before 12, i was just hoping people kept the faith until 12. when you standing there at 11:45 and there is still no show, for anybody who expected the show to start at 10, they start wondering if it will ever happen. it wasnt a major problem last time, when jungle started people still freaked the fuck out and the place was going crazy all night, straight up till 2:30am. i just hope nothing happens during the wait to fuck up the concert.

baby step to midnight.

well this depends on the city the people...

in istanbul they were 2 hours late and the concert started@ midnight

i heard some people had to leave before the end of the concert to catch the last bus to their home etc..

and the band had to pay a large sum to the organization

so all in all axl should be more careful about this being late thing

he has to learn spending some time in backstage. he always arrives very late at the venue and goes directly on stage

its just a 1 min walk from the backdoor to the stage

he should stop warming up in the hotel room and learn to warm up in the backstage

They should be able to handle it. I know late starts are rude and disrespectful. But with GnR , it's the norm. You're stupid if you go to a GnR concert and expect it to start on time.

or maybe, MAYBE just a regular guy who'd love to hear some GN'R tunes live and decided to buy a ticket?

Edited by Revolver

Rio 2001 was booked to start at January 14 at 10 PM

It started in January 15 at 02 AM

I guess Axl was a bit nervous. What a shame. Who can't handle 200,000 crazy fans after a 8 years break?

And, if someone's is going to a GNR concert, this person might know what might happend.

Edited by ManetsBR

why wouldnt we be able to handle it? stupid question....

Lmfao, I know.

What a fail.

I handled it the last two times they played Toronto. Don't understand why I, a dumb Canuck, couldn't handle it again. Fuck, at midnight the night has only just begun and the real fun starts.

I really think this thread is pointless... to the poster, everyone knows by now that GNR come on late like 11ish or maybe later, so I really think you posting this means nothing.

Sorry to sound harsh or anything but this is a worthless topic.

GNRMatt

I don't enjoy the fact that Axl makes us wait so late, there's really no need to. I'd be even more pised if i had to take the go train or something, cause i'm pretty sure the last one leaves a 1am in most cities.

I'd also love to be able to go to a bar afterwards, and possibly meet up with other people that were there, but you can't do that after a GN'R concert.

in Halifax in 06 the opening acts finished at 11, then there was 20 people on the stage till 11:35 setting up, then the lights went out at like 11:47, so once the set up was finished it only took them 10 minutes to hit the stage, maybe if they don't have so many opening acts they can hit the stage earlier

the way the OP worded things makes him sound like a cunt, as if he thinks we are inferior or something :rolleyes:

No shit. Can Canadians handle it? What the fuck? I've already booked the following day off from work. Even if the concert ended at midnight I would take the next day off. This is GnR! This is an event!

So what happens to Canadians after midnight? The OP forgot to inform us Americans who are unfamiliar with your secrets.

we have to clear the streets or risk being ripped to shreds by polar bears.

and with -40C temps, the igloo doors freeze shut! Lol!

So what happens to Canadians after midnight? The OP forgot to inform us Americans who are unfamiliar with your secrets.

haha we should start throwing out ridiculous canadian stereotypes to mislead the americans comingu p for the shows.

yeah you can get from toronto to see guns in montreal pretty easy, you just need to rent a sled and team of huskies, then take 'dog sled path #234" north for about 46 hours. take exit 3.

haha we should start throwing out ridiculous canadian stereotypes to mislead the americans comingu p for the shows.

yeah you can get from toronto to see guns in montreal pretty easy, you just need to rent a sled and team of huskies, then take 'dog sled path #234" north for about 46 hours. take exit 3.

dude do not be an ass....

..................... its exit #4!

Gunsguy