Guns N' Roses to headline Download 2010?

thomase

Download Festival 2010 will take place at Donington Park, Castle Donington from 11-13 June with Metallica, Van Halen, AC/DC and Guns n’ Roses rumoured to be topping the organisers' headliners' hit list.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/7023/-/Download-2010-earlybird-tickets-on-sale-Thursday

thanks MarianoG for finding this info

Nope, they didnt go down well at all in 06.

I think this is gonna be the reason why GNR wont tour places like these again. Not to say there are not fans there but they can do better in other places of the world, South America and Asia for example. If this is true which its looks like it I got to hand it to Axl for that going where he knows he is welcome.

Nope, they didnt go down well at all in 06.

Aye maybe at the start what with the tantrums and sound trouble etc a lot of folk who aren't used to it gave the band a hard time but towards the end of the set I think they'd won the majority of the crowd over.

Caught G N'R 3 times in 06, twice at their own gigs and at Download. Both of their own gigs involved Axl coming on at his usual sort of time, which in turn produced awesome performances. Download meant he had to start on time, which he did, despite being on the booze at the British GP that afternoon, wasn't going well at all for the first hour, but he dragged it back. We all know that starting on time doesn't suit, so I don't think he'll fancy doing too many festivals again for that reason.

Think Rammstein has got to be a shoe in for either friday or saturday nights next year, with, hopefully, Soundgarden on sunday night.

I'll come down from the clouds soon!