OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word, amazing.

Anyone have a vid of My Generation? Can't find it on youtube

There's a crappy 20 second one of the end, but tbh I really want a decent quality one!! My Generation rules. As does the T-shirt the caucasian dude is wearing in that crowd shot.

The ending photo and video were amazing...good find!

If Axl hired a personal trainer and excercised the way Mick Jagger and Bruce Springstein do, his voice and his showmanship on stage would be much better. The reason Mick Jagger and Bruce ( 2 dinosaurs) are really good live is because they put a lot of work into it by excercising like a motherfucker. These guys really take pride in their live shows and they work their asses off to be able to put on a kick ass 3 hour set each night. It's like boxing, I don't care how great a boxer you are, if you don't train before a fight you are going to get your ass beat no matter what. A 47 yr old man is not as old as some of you are making it out to be. If Axl took pride in his physical shape, he could be like he was in 1992-93. He needs to be skinny in order to pull off the stage moves he used to do. Now he looks like Vince Neil trying to dance like Axl. I think it's great that he is back and improved his band, but he needs to train. Don't kill me for my comments, just being honest.

If Axl hired a personal trainer and excercised the way Mick Jagger and Bruce Springstein do, his voice and his showmanship on stage would be much better. The reason Mick Jagger and Bruce ( 2 dinosaurs) are really good live is because they put a lot of work into it by excercising like a motherfucker. These guys really take pride in their live shows and they work their asses off to be able to put on a kick ass 3 hour set each night. It's like boxing, I don't care how great a boxer you are, if you don't train before a fight you are going to get your ass beat no matter what. A 47 yr old man is not as old as some of you are making it out to be. If Axl took pride in his physical shape, he could be like he was in 1992-93. He needs to be skinny in order to pull off the stage moves he used to do. Now he looks like Vince Neil trying to dance like Axl. I think it's great that he is back and improved his band, but he needs to train. Don't kill me for my comments, just being honest.

I would agree he is capable of more than 18 songs in a night (Tommy sung one to make 19). It might have just been a parred down setlist because if was the first show of the tour, but he certainly should be doing at least 22-23. If his stamina can't handle it, then he needs to workout more as you say.

If Springsteen as you say at 60+ can play for 3 hours and almost 30 songs a night, it is not like someone is being unrealistic in wanting to see a little more out of Axl because his age certainly is not precluding him from a more extended effort.

People need to chill about Axl's weight. He always shows up a little hefty at the start of tours and burns it off as he goes along. That's been his M.O. going as far back as the UYI Tour believe it or not (I remember people commenting that he looked "huskier" than normal during the warm-up gigs of that tour 18 freaking years ago when he was 29. By mid tour- he was a waif...).

Anyway, only speculating here... but I think Axl may very well associate "fitness fanaticism" with all the other bullshit demands of the music industry... and if he's going to sweat his balls off under the hot spot lights and drop 10-15 lbs. on tour any way- maybe he thinks what's the point of busting his ass (beyond a normal human being) when he's off tour? Why not enjoy life a little during the down times? It's all good as long as he can still put on a good show the first several nights, etc. Just a guess.

He'll be fine... and in at least 06-07 shape probably half-way through the Canadian leg...

Edited by MaoAxl92

God i never thought that it could be possible to love this man so much after 17 years..This picture makes me smile, i feel so happy for him, he deserves this success and all this love from his fans. :wub: We both are older and wiser now and like a good wine better with age..

Waiting for March 28th!!!

People need to chill about Axl's weight. He always shows up a little hefty at the start of tours and burns it off as he goes along. That's been his M.O. going as far back as the UYI Tour believe it or not (I remember people commenting that he looked "huskier" than normal during the warm-up gigs of that tour 18 freaking years ago when he was 29. By mid tour- he was a waif...).

Anyway, only speculating here... but I think Axl may very well associate "fitness fanaticism" with all the other bullshit demands of the music industry... and if he's going to sweat his balls off under the hot spot lights and drop 10-15 lbs. on tour any way- maybe he thinks what's the point of busting his ass (beyond a normal human being) when he's off tour? Why not enjoy life a little during the down times? It's all good as long as he can still put on a good show the first several nights, etc. Just a guess.

He'll be fine... and in at least 06-07 shape probably half-way through the Canadian leg...

Axl hasn't been in shape since he left Argentina in 1993. Even in his first show 2001 in Rio 3 he was overweight like he is now. He was only 39-40 yrs old for that show( only 7 yrs removed from his 1993 Argentinian show. Axl could afford not to work out when he was younger, but he can't do that now. If Mick and Bruce didn't excercise the way they do, they would also be out of shape, and their shows would suck as a result.

BTW , Mick and Bruce aren't the only artists their age who work out to stay in shape, I was just using them as an example.

Axl hasn't been in shape since he left Argentina in 1993. Even in his first show 2001 in Rio 3 he was overweight like he is now. He was only 39-40 yrs old for that show( only 7 yrs removed from his 1993 Argentinian show. Axl could afford not to work out when he was younger, but he can't do that now. If Mick and Bruce didn't excercise the way they do, they would also be out of shape, and their shows would suck as a result.

BTW , Mick and Bruce aren't the only artists their age who work out to stay in shape, I was just using them as an example.

I think Axl was in good shape by the mid-point of the 2006-07 tour... certainly for a 44-45 year old (at the time). No one cracked on him for his weight (it was all about the corn rows and tight face).

Anyway, what he apparently does not do is put himself through herculean, tortuous work out routines that other stars do. I certainly agree with that. Again, speculating here, but I think he probably rationalizes it on the basis of: "As long as I'm fit enough to put on a good show and send everyone home happy- I'm as fit as I need to be". Been to several shows since 2002 and none of them has "sucked"- so he's getting by "ok" by me and most every one else I observed...

Bruce, Mick and others maybe march to a different drum... Good for them- differences make the world go round...

Edited by MaoAxl92

Well, well, well..

I have to say this exceeded my expectations on a multitude of levels - And only the first night aswell. Extremely impressed!

Axl looks like he's rolling back the years and long may it continue. DJ looks the closest thing thing I'll get to Bucket' so, yeah...

I think Axl was in good shape by the mid-point of the 2006-07 tour... certainly for a 44-45 year old (at the time). No one cracked on him for his weight (it was all about the corn rows and tight face).

Anyway, what he apparently does not do is put himself through herculean, tortuous work out routines that other stars do. I certainly agree with that. Again, speculating here, but I think he probably rationalizes it on the basis of: "As long as I'm fit enough to put on a good show and send everyone home happy- I'm as fit as I need to be". Been to several shows since 2002 and none of them has "sucked"- so he's getting by "ok" by me and most every one else I observed...

Bruce, Mick and others maybe march to a different drum... Good for them- differences make the world go round...

I never said his show sucked. I only said they could be better if he stayed in shape.

Well, well, well..

I have to say this exceeded my expectations on a multitude of levels - And only the first night aswell. Extremely impressed!

Axl looks like he's rolling back the years and long may it continue. DJ looks the closest thing thing I'll get to Bucket' so, yeah...

Welcome back sir.

I would agree he is capable of more than 18 songs in a night (Tommy sung one to make 19). It might have just been a parred down setlist because if was the first show of the tour, but he certainly should be doing at least 22-23. If his stamina can't handle it, then he needs to workout more as you say.

If Springsteen as you say at 60+ can play for 3 hours and almost 30 songs a night, it is not like someone is being unrealistic in wanting to see a little more out of Axl because his age certainly is not precluding him from a more extended effort.

This Springsteen-Axl comparison is not at all an apples to apples comparison. It's also a premature one to make at this point because it's the first show of the tour. They may be playing more songs by the end of the tour, we don't know. And certainly, Axl's vocal conditioning will improve as the tour goes on. This is natural.

The Springsteen comparison is not an apples to apples comparison for a few reasons. First, the vocal range Axl uses is far greater and more demanding than what Springsteen uses, so it's easier for Springsteen to sing in his limited vocal range for longer periods of time. Second, Springsteen plays guitar and therefore doesn't move around nearly as much as Axl does. Springsteen just isn't going to get as physically worn down at the end of a show.

Ali

No question about it. You are totally right.

It pisses me off he doens't do this. Or at least, even a half ass attempt at this.

You forget something very important buddies: if Axl trained the way Mick Jagger does, his face would be all wrinkled and tired. That's the dilemma, and I think Axl, well it seems to me, I can't know for sure, but he seems to prefer having a good youthful face than a very athletic body, and he is damn right on that one. Mick Jagger looks like a mummy (no offense) with an awesomely great body. Axl looks fucking fantastic for his age (I mean his face, he looks very youthful) with a regular body, maybe a little fat but a lot less than most men of his age. My opinion: he looks awesome and he'll only get better as the tour advances.

IMO he's totally right not to exercise like fuck to stay extra fit and have toned muscles. In my gym club, there are lots of people who are 40/50 and have a great body but their face looks like hell, they are winkled, they look old, really. Personally I don't pull weights too much because it tires your face, I prefer running or swimming, much more healthier and again I can't know for sure but I'm quite sure Axl runs and eats good meals. And it's the best way to keep on going imo, face over body guys.