OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Band is tight and Axl sounds great.

I'm shocked that the braids are gone, too. This is Axl's real hair, whether he got transplants or not. Don't tell me that's a weave, 'cause they don't make 'em that messy and scragly looking. His eyes also look like they used to when he was young, I don't know if that's due to subtle makeup or letting his face recover from the chemical peels and botox. This is the most natural he's looked since '93, really.

I wish the guy was more fit, but what can you do. Age may play a role, but it's certainly no excuse. Look at Tommy Lee, Brad Pitt, and Johnny Depp, who are all around Axl's age. Enough about that, though. I realize that talking about male appearances on this forum poses a severe threat to some dudes' penises.

Guest RonMexico82

GNR are better than ever!!!!

DJ Ashba is way better than Slash!!!!

Take a long deep breath. Ok. That's good. Now revise your above statement. Even DJ wouldn't go that far. The boy can play but a guitar god he ain't...yet.

GNR are better than ever!!!!

DJ Ashba is way better than Slash!!!!

Take a long deep breath. Ok. That's good. Now revise your above statement. Even DJ wouldn't go that far. The boy can play but a guitar god he ain't...yet.

I agree with him and I don't need to take a long deep break. That's called opinion, ya know? :)

And this is probably the best GnR show ever. In my opinion, cool? :tongue2:

That first verse of This I Love when he soars up is incredible. He struggled on Shacklers though and i'm not surprised.

Nor would I be. That's a tough one to pull off.

This might sound disingenuous but it does seem as if he often hasn't really tried out the new material during the first performances of the new songs since 2001, or at least not lots of live rehearsals with the band. Lyrics, timing and notes are often all over the place in Rhiad 2002, Madagascar/Blues Rio '01, Shacklers and Twat 09. With the last two you can hear him trying to find a comfortable range and going up and down. Twat Hammerstein was fucking superb but that one other time they played it he was utterly shocking, had no idea where to begin and end 'I would do anything...' and just kept wailing over the solo. It's as if he's just played the songs once on his ipod on the plane to refresh his memory and then that's it :P

I'm not hating or bashing. I'm absolutely ecstatic with everything. It's just an observation.