OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forget something very important buddies: if Axl trained the way Mick Jagger does, his face would be all wrinkled and tired. That's the dilemma, and I think Axl, well it seems to me, I can't know for sure, but he seems to prefer having a good youthful face than a very athletic body, and he is damn right on that one. Mick Jagger looks like a mummy (no offense) with an awesomely great body. Axl looks fucking fantastic for his age (I mean his face, he looks very youthful) with a regular body, maybe a little fat but a lot less than most men of his age. My opinion: he looks awesome and he'll only get better as the tour advances.

IMO he's totally right not to exercise like fuck to stay extra fit and have toned muscles. In my gym club, there are lots of people who are 40/50 and have a great body but their face looks like hell, they are winkled, they look old, really. Personally I don't pull weights too much because it tires your face, I prefer running or swimming, much more healthier and again I can't know for sure but I'm quite sure Axl runs and eats good meals. And it's the best way to keep on going imo, face over body guys.

Mick Jagger is also 66. Axl's face would look fine if he got in killer shape. Bottom line is that If getting in shape makes Axl sound better than I'm all for it. He really should get in shape before the US leg of the tour or the fucking press will have a field day.

Edited by ITW 2012

I don't understand how people can really complain.

Axl turned up at a good time for a show, play a full show with possibly some of the best effort he has put into the shows in ages, he sounded fantastic and overall a great time. Not to mention had an amazing sounding band that actually felt like a complete band.

He and the band should be proud with what they did to kick of this tour.

I am as with most people happy with the show that they played and just hope they do a world tour.

Edited by Rose UK

Axl sounded great on Better, sounded like the first demo sounded. Why is Axl wearing a woman's t-shirt? Big crowd here as well, contrary to posts above, it looks full, you can see it on the SCOM clip filmed from the roof. V cool.

edit KOHD looks and sounds great to. Great show!

havent seen better yet, have you got a link

Axl turned up at a good time for a show, play a full show with possibly some of the best effort he has put into the shows in ages, he sounded fantastic and overall a great time. Not to mention had an amazing sounding band that actually felt like a complete band.

I am as with most people happy with the show that they played and just hope they do a world tour.

my sentiments exactly

+1 x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Didn't like everything I saw, but it doesn't fucking matter, cause Axl is back, he rocks and I love him! rock1

He will get into it more a little later on the tour, I'm sure.

Thank you and good night!

EDIT: I want to see that My Generation shit, sounds exciting!

Edited by Fun n' Games

You forget something very important buddies: if Axl trained the way Mick Jagger does, his face would be all wrinkled and tired. That's the dilemma, and I think Axl, well it seems to me, I can't know for sure, but he seems to prefer having a good youthful face than a very athletic body, and he is damn right on that one. Mick Jagger looks like a mummy (no offense) with an awesomely great body. Axl looks fucking fantastic for his age (I mean his face, he looks very youthful) with a regular body, maybe a little fat but a lot less than most men of his age. My opinion: he looks awesome and he'll only get better as the tour advances.

IMO he's totally right not to exercise like fuck to stay extra fit and have toned muscles. In my gym club, there are lots of people who are 40/50 and have a great body but their face looks like hell, they are winkled, they look old, really. Personally I don't pull weights too much because it tires your face, I prefer running or swimming, much more healthier and again I can't know for sure but I'm quite sure Axl runs and eats good meals. And it's the best way to keep on going imo, face over body guys.

The reason Mick Jagger's face is all wrinkled is because of all the drugs he did. (does??) Drug addicts do not age well facially. Just take a look at Keith Richards, he's been a walking corpse for decades. I think you are making excuses for Axl.

Exercise is life.

Mick Jagger is also 66. Axl's face would look fine if he got in killer shape. Bottom line is that If getting in shape makes Axl sound better than I'm all for it. He really should get in shape before the US leg of the tour or the fucking press will have a field day.

No they won't. The fact that Axl is "heavier" than his UYI days is old news at this point (i.e. been widely "known" since 2001)... and not unexpected. Meanwhile, his current appearance/weight is perfectly in-line with if not better than what you would expect from the average 47/48 year-old (particularly in the United States). It's not like he's some John Popper lard ass. Plus, as I said, he will surely drop 5-10 lbs on tour in the next few months alone.

And those- despite all that- who would continue crack jokes about it aren't worth a second of anyone's time. Ultimately, it's about the music- not dumbass pissants in the lowest bowels of the media. The fact that Beethoven had terrible skin issues and was pretty universally regarded as "ugly" or "unfortunate looking" sure didn't hold his career back or damage his legacy...

Edited by MaoAxl92

Well I think he looks pretty bloody good!! I am having probs with listening to the vids on youtube and it is driving me nuts I get to hear a couple of words then it goes off buffering again!! It is really fucking me off!!! Hope to get to listen to all the tracks soon

Seriously, are you guys fucking gay or what?

I cannot believe that any male would honestly argue about how another MAN looks, unless they are fucking a homosexual. I have read so many posts saying "Axl is fat", who gives a flying fuck? The only people who would care is someone who wants to fuck Axl because they are a homosexual. Its all about the MUSIC, not the person.

I just cant understand why someone would care what he looks like. Why dont you fucking idiots get a life? If what Axl looks like is that important, you must not have much of a life yourself.

The way Axl looks is important when it comes to selling tickets in US. If the US media portrays Axl as an overweight washup than that will hurt ticket sales. It's a sad state of affairs over here but that's just the way it is at the moment.

Has anybody put up a review of the show yet?

Edited by ITW 2012

Ah, but GN'R was just as much about appearance, as they were about the music. Argue me that "Sweet Child" video would have made the same impact with five obese, Lemmy-esque bikers performing it.

Can't argue that. It had a lot to do with appearance and getting the whole badboy image out there. Portraying with unopened bottles of booze, unlit cigarettes, nobody of the band giving away 1 smile on a band pic, etc.

I cannot believe that any male would honestly argue about how another MAN looks, unless they are fucking a homosexual. I have read so many posts saying "Axl is fat", who gives a flying fuck? The only people who would care is someone who wants to fuck Axl because they are a homosexual. Its all about the MUSIC, not the person.

I just cant understand why someone would care what he looks like. Why dont you fucking idiots get a life? If what Axl looks like is that important, you must not have much of a life yourself.

your missing the point here. Have you ever heard that expression "Any port in a storm"? There is a small segment of this forum that feel butt hurt or jaded for whatever reason i.e. Slash, Popcorn, Bucket, Tour dates missed/late, or Axl just not giving a fuck about what fans think when it concerns running his life (lots of those). I remember reading paragraphs by ER back in the day telling us about Axl's mental state and how his private life was etc.

all of these people have nothing left to bitch about....ergo Axl's weight.

Trust me, if Popcorn was behind the drums and Slash behind the Axe, NOBODY would give a shit about Axl's weight, it would be a love fest. Just accept that there are people who feel a guy who isn't strung out on coke and 6' tall and 145 pounds doesn't look "cool"

Ask Axl if he appearance is working out for him, have you seen the bumper that guy gets?

I though he looked pretty damn good, but I have to be honest, just don't care. Don't worry, when Axl slims down, they will find something else to bitch about.

I haven't seen the "where is brain" thread yet :question:

I could be worse......How bout Mike Reno from Loverboy??

yeah%20Mike.jpg

Edited by cyyoung31

I don't know why you're quoting my post since I'm basically "defending" Axl's look (like he needs to be defended :rofl-lol: ), he looks fine to me and I'm just saying it. I've never complained about his look, what matters to me is the music.

However, of course appearences matter, if Axl was born ugly, do you think he would have had the same life? I don't think so. But that's another subject, of course I care about the music first, and no I'm not homosexual, far from it, I love women but I take care of myself. I don't even know why I'm answering this, maybe because I can afford losing some time her while waiting for the rest of the setlist to unfold, and then go back to my regular life program :xmasssanta: