OFFICIAL 'TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11/12/09' SHOW THREAD

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cornrows are gone, Axl is back and possessed by the shackler.

If you are going to go to this show you should get excited because the set list was flawless, the band is on fire and there's a ton of eyebrow singeing pyro.

1. Chinese Democracy - They rocked the shit out of this. Spot light on Ashba above the drum riser for the opeing riff then Axl was down the front virtually in the crowd. The crowd was all over this song and there was really awesome visuals with subtitles in chinese scrolling. Axl lifted up his MJ hat to give the crowd a look at his hair.

2. Welcome To The Jungle - Obviously this was killer, worked really well after CD. Bcos of the venue this show was like a big club show with the crowd pushed up against the stage. So it was off the hook all night.

3. Easy - Great run through this classic. Axl was carrying himself like a prizefighter at this show.

4. Mr Brownstone - Not sure but seemed like slightly different version, had some kind of tribal vibe.

5. If The World - This sounded epic with Axl doing a more natural rock vocal on it. All the effects and sounds from the album version were present . I think there were some technical difficulties with Axl's ear piece, but it sounded the great the crowd was really gettting into the "Never knew" part. In the solo Axl stalked off ripping the ear piece out and shouting backstage but the solo was awesome. A meltdown was on for a second there.

6. Live and Let Die - Pyro overload, there was goddamn flame throwers on stage. Axl utilised the staircase to do the intro. Kicked ass.

7. Richard Fortus solo (James Bond Theme) - This was great, shows how talented Fortus is - maybe could have come before the song.

8. There Was a Time - Or "Bloody, bleedin', twot" as Axl put it. Drums were booming and there was great video of Victoria Secret-type models writhing around and Marlon Brando type guy smoking cigars looking pervy, could be video footage for twat video, Axl did awesome scream towards end and solos were sublime.

9. Drum solo - Axl seem to likee, was laughing at how long Frank went on.

10. Bass solo

11. My Generation - This was a crazy fast cover and Tommy looked insane all night long. What's up with him, he definitely looks on board the pirate ship?

12. I.R.S. - It's amazing how the band can switch from classic GNR sound into the CD material. Epic epicness.

13. Rocket Queen - Can't remember when Axl made his Michael Jackson comment but I think it was here. He was wearing his MJ style hate and made a joke I think that Right after "Michael gave me this hat he said he could recommend me a great doctor"

14. Dizzy Reed Piano solo

15. Street of Dreams - This seems like the centre piece of this new show. Not sure but think its different version from album, singing starts after the guitars? Axl worked the stage well, and it came over as the "big song" on CD.

16. DJ Ashba solo - Not sure where this solo was from but it had great sound. Lots of potential in this band.

17. SCOM - Ashba milked the crowd before going into the intro. Crowd went crazy for this.

18. Band jam

19. November Rain - Or December Rain with Axl chaning the lyrics as it had started to rain. By the time he got to And nothing last forever, even cold December Rain it had actually stopped raining.

20. Bumble solo (Pink Panther) - This was cool, Bumble looked a bit washed out in this show, like maybe he was still suffering from his food poisoning or what ever.

21. You Could Be Mine - More pyro, explosions, fireworks, flame throwers.

22. Shackler's Revenge - This might come as a surprise but this rocked and got one of the biggest receptions of the night, up there with the classics. Axl looked slightly relieved/happy with this. Should be bumped up front after CD. It's crazy what this band can reproduce live, it was so tight with Axl again doing a more raspy chorus on ths song.

23. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door - At this point it was time for Axl to do some stand up. He said he went to a party and Rod Stewart was there and he was blown away but the people he was with went off and came back and said "I just met George Harrison, what a dick!" Then Axl met Bob Dylan who asked him when they were going to do Heaven's door and Axl said he didn't know but they liked that song then Bob said "I don't really give a shit, I just want the money." Axl went back to the drum riser and said "That's a true story. Cue song. Crowd again sang every word, just like every song, but it was pissing down againg. There was something awesome about seeing all these people from Taipei singing this song inspite of getting soaked and Axl seemed to really appreciate it. He seemed blown away by the crowd in general. Not sure if its a new version but half of it was in a reggae style. The rain was pretty heavy and Axl said "It's getting kind of slippy up here and did some sliding down a ramp.

He nearly came a cropper a few times but they were having so much fun up there as a band he didnt seem to care.

Encore:

24. This I Love - Frank popped up to wave and thnak crowd who were still going crazy at this late stage. Again Axl sang in a more rock style, which gave more of a swagger live, but he still pulled off that ending.

25. Band Jam

26. Better - "Better? That sounds like a song I've heard of, let's do that!" Not sure what he meant, maybe that it has got much radio play. Never the less the crowd seemed to love it and was actually highlight with Axl down in the crowd singing with them. Probably my personal highlight of the show, or Shackler's or ITW I don't know the whole show was wrecking.

27. Paradise City - "Maybe you've heard of this song" Version tight kick ass version. Mic went in the crowd along with the whistle. So look for them on ebay.

Outro tape was My Way. Seemed apt after such a rocking show. Crowd headed out pretty quick but they came back to take some bows and Axl did some of those Conan OBrien japanese bows. Axl lookd pretty happy with how it went down. You're in for a great show stuffed with new shit.

btw I saw at least one professional looking camera next to the sound stage. They were filiming.

Edited by wasted

If you are going to go to this show you should get excited because the set list was flawless, the band is on fire and there's a ton of eyebrow singeing pyro.

1. Chinese Democracy - They rocked the shit out of this. Spot light on Ashba above the drum riser for the opeing riff then Axl was down the front virtually in the crowd. The crowd was all over this song and there was really awesome visuals with subtitles in chinese scrolling. Axl lifted up his MJ hat to give the crowd a look at his hair.

2. Welcome To The Jungle - Obviously this was killer, worked really well after CD. Bcos of the venue this show was like a big club show with the crowd pushed up against the stage. So it was off the hook all night.

3. Easy - Great run through this classic. Axl was carrying himself like a prizefighter at this show.

4. Mr Brownstone - Not sure but seemed like slightly different version, had some kind of tribal vibe.

5. If The World - This sounded epic with Axl doing a more natural rock vocal on it. All the effects and sounds from the album version were present . I think there were some technical difficulties with Axl's ear piece, but it sounded the great the crowd was really gettting into the "Never knew" part. In the solo Axl stalked off ripping the ear piece out and shouting backstage but the solo was awesome. A meltdown was on for a second there.

6. Live and Let Die - Pyro overload, there was goddamn flame throwers on stage. Axl utilised the staircase to do the intro. Kicked ass.

7. Richard Fortus solo (James Bond Theme) - This was great, shows how talented Fortus is - maybe could have come before the song.

8. There Was a Time - Or "Bloody, bleedin', twot" as Axl put it. Drums were booming and there was great video of Victoria Secret-type models writhing around and Marlon Brando type guy smoking cigars looking pervy, could be video footage for twat video, Axl did awesome scream towards end and solos were sublime.

10. Bass solo

11. My Generation - This was a crazy fast cover and Tommy looked insane all night long. What's up with him, he definitely looks on board the pirate ship?

12. I.R.S. - It's amazing how the band can switch from classic GNR sound into the CD material. Epic epicness.

13. Rocket Queen - Can't remember when Axl made his Michael Jackson comment but I think it was here. He was wearing his MJ style hate and made a joke I think that Right after "Michael gave me this hat he said he could recommend me a great doctor"

15. Street of Dreams - This seems like the centre piece of this new show. Not sure but think its different version from album, singing starts after the guitars? Axl worked the stage well, and it came over as the "big song" on CD.

16. DJ Ashba solo - Not sure where this solo was from but it had great sound. Lots of potential in this band.

17. SCOM - Ashba milked the crowd before going into the intro. Crowd went crazy for this.

18. Band jam

19. November Rain - Or December Rain with Axl chaning the lyrics as it had started to rain. By the time he got to And nothing last forever, even cold December Rain it had actually stopped raining.

20. Bumble solo (Pink Panther) - This was cool, Bumble looked a bit washed out in this show, like maybe he was still suffering from his food poisoning or what ever.

22. Shackler's Revenge - This might come as a surprise but this rocked and got one of the biggest receptions of the night, up there with the classics. Axl looked slightly relieved/happy with this. Should be bumped up front after CD. It's crazy what this band can reproduce live, it was so tight with Axl again doing a more raspy chorus on ths song.

23. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door - At this point it was time for Axl to do some stand up. He said he went to a party and Rod Stewart was there and he was blown away but the people he was with went off and came back and said "I just met George Harrison, what a dick!" Then Axl met Bob Dylan who asked him when they were going to do Heaven's door and Axl said he didn't know but they liked that song then Bob said "I don't really give a shit, I just want the money." Axl went back to the drum riser and said "That's a true story. Cue song. Crowd again sang every word, just like every song, but it was pissing down againg. There was something awesome about seeing all these people from Taipei singing this song inspite of getting soaked and Axl seemed to really appreciate it. He seemed blown away by the crowd in general. Not sure if its a new version but half of it was in a reggae style. The rain was pretty heavy and Axl said "It's getting kind of slippy up here and did some sliding down a ramp.

He nearly came a cropper a few times but they were having so much fun up there as a band he didnt seem to care.

Encore:

24. This I Love - Frank popped up to wave and thnak crowd who were still going crazy at this late stage. Again Axl sang in a more rock style, which gave more of a swagger live, but he still pulled off that ending.

25. Band Jam

26. Better - "Better? That sounds like a song I've heard of, let's do that!" Not sure what he meant, maybe that it has got much radio play. Never the less the crowd seemed to love it and was actually highlight with Axl down in the crowd singing with them. Probably my personal highlight of the show, or Shackler's or ITW I don't know the whole show was wrecking.

27. Paradise City - "Maybe you've heard of this song" Version tight kick ass version. Mic went in the crowd along with the whistle. So look for them on ebay.

Outro tape was My Way. Seemed apt after such a rocking show. Crowd headed out pretty quick but they came back to take some bows and Axl did some of those Conan OBrien japanese bows. Axl lookd pretty happy with how it went down. You're in for a great show stuffed with new shit.

btw I saw at least one professional looking camera next to the sound stage. They were filiming.

Godam fucking awesome review! I just wet my pants like three times!!

It sounds like we have no idea just how incredible these shows are from these crappy quality youtube videos.

Thanks!! rock3

10. Bass solo

18. Band jam

Encore:

25. Band Jam

Thank you for the awesome review! :D:thumbsup:

10. Bass solo

18. Band jam

Encore:

25. Band Jam

sounds like you had a great time! thanks for posting this! rock3

10. Bass solo

18. Band jam

Encore:

25. Band Jam

sounds like you had a great time! thanks for posting this! rock3

Thanks a lot for this superb review, so who's next? :xmassrudolph:

It would be great if the photos start working!

yeah man, it would be nice because these are the best HQ pics that I've seen yet. :thumbsup:

Fortus looks like he's fucking stoned to the gills on something..... :rofl-lol:

anybody that thinks that these guys don't imbibe in anything should shoot themselves in the foot. :xmassrudolph:

Anyway, it'd be nice if those other pics would start working. I want to see them.

10. Bass solo

18. Band jam

Encore:

25. Band Jam

Thank you for that!!! Really enjoyed it. You must have had one of the best nights in your life!!!!

Seriously i have spent the last 72 hours so fucking jealous

:rofl-lol:

Anyone else feel the last 72 hours was a real 'realtime social life' killer? Although it brought me a lot of new internet friends, haha. With GNR at their top game, it is hard to stay away from this place!!! :heart:

Anyone else feel the last 72 hours was a real 'realtime social life' killer? Although it brought me a lot of new internet friends, haha. With GNR at their top game, it is hard to stay away from this place!!! :heart:

Totally! Been stuck in front of the screen.. But I like it this way! These days have been amazing rock4:heart:

yeh man, i know that feeling and my eyes are killing me!