Sweden Rock Festival

Guest Iron Fist SS

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

YES, YES, YES, FUCKING JÄVLA YES!

OPETH (S)

With a groundbreaking hybrid of death metal and progressive rock with a 70s flavour, Opeth from Stockholm rank among the most influential and exciting metal bands of our time - and not only the Swedish ones. The band debuted with "Orchid" in 1995, but it wasn't until their fifth album "Blackwater Park" (2001) was released that they got their true break. Since then they have released another four studio albums, each more successful than its predecessor - with the latest one, "Watershed" (2008), even the American audience started to take serious notice of Opeth. In their home-country, and among progressive listeners in general, Mikael Åkerfeldt & Co are without a doubt one of the hottest bands around at the moment, and it's more than just a guess that their appearance at SRF will draw a very, very large crowd.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With a groundbreaking hybrid of death metal and progressive rock "

The only thing groundbreaking about it is how they cock up both styles.

Hated this band even when I listened to death metal...

but W.A.S.P., Nazareth, Danzig, Ratt, Y & T are (Y) , shame that recession canceled Rabarock in Estonia this year

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Satanisk_Slakt

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES (US)

They have been named one of the instigators of crossover thrash, and they are definitely one of the genre's most classic bands. Suicidal Tendencies was formed in Venice, California in 1981 and released their eponymous debut two years later. The band gradually developed their very own variety of thrash, firmly rooted in savage hardcore and punk and crowned by the provocative and rap-like lyrics of main man Mike Muir. At their commercial peak - with current Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo in the line-up - they released certified gold albums as "Lights Camera Revolution" (1990) and "The Art of Rebellion" (1992), and 2010 will hopefully also see the arrival of the first new album in many years from one of metal's most furious acts. They will definitely make their highly anticipated debut at SRF.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah.

SLAYER (US)

The hardest of the hard in the 80s, historically one of the most important bands in extreme metal. From the beginning, Slayer stood out as the spearheads of Bay Area thrash - along with Metallica, obviously - and their debut "Show No Mercy" (1983) was their then record label Metal Blade's biggest seller at the time. Even more successful, not to mention influential, were albums like "Hell Awaits" (1985), "Reign in Blood" (1986) - often regarded as the pivotal thrash release - and "Seasons in the Abyss" (1990). Opinions are divided concerning the following era in Slayer history, with its experimental albums sans super drummer Dave Lombardo. The man returned to the band in 2002, after which Slayer have released two more albums and last year's "World Painted Blood" in particular has been heralded as a definite return to form. Now, in 2010, Lombardo, singer/bassist Tom Araya and guitarists Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman will finally appear at SRF - rejoice, all ye who have waited and pined! This will probably be their only show in Sweden this summer with a full setlist, since the band will be given an evening slot with at least 90 minutes of stage time.

Really wanna see Steel Panther.

Just because you wrote that I thought I should check them out, against my better knowing, since Sweden Rock posted a picture of them. They were as worthless as you could tell from the picture. I saw and listened to this video Death to all but metal and I can't see how you like that.

The music sucked and the video seemed very familiar. Then I realised that it's a copy from a video by Mötley or Twisted Sisters.

Haha, I know. They're just joking. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan, not digging their music that much, but they're really funny. From videos I've seen on youtube etc. they're pretty cool live, and I want to see them one time. But as I said, it's a parody band, they're joking...

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

FATES WARNING (US)

Fates Warning, along with Queensrÿche and Dream Theater, are the most important pioneers in the history of prog metal. The band was formed in Hartford, Connecticut in 1983 and has released ten studio albums since 1984. The most successful one is "Parallels" from 1991, recorded by the band's classic line-up: guitarists Jim Matheos and Frank Aresti, bassist Joe DiBiase, drummer Mark Zonder and vocalist Ray Alder. This line-up effectively disbanded in 1996, but will nonetheless be just the one performing at Fates Warning's SRF-debut in 2010. In other words, "Eye to Eye", "Point of View", "We Only Say Goodbye" and the other fan-faves will be performed by all their original creators - no fan of melodic, professional and exciting metal should miss this opportunity.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

MASTODON (US)

Mastodon from Atlanta is one of the prime acts within the so called New Wave of American Heavy Metal. Their progressive yet brutal music is influenced by Pantera as well as Neurosis and Thin Lizzy (!), extremely well-played and featuring sometimes psychedelic, sometimes downright intellectual lyrics. The band's full-length debut "Lifesblood" arrived in 2002, followed by their breakthrough album "Leviathan" (2004). Since then Mastodon have also released "Blood Mountain" (2006) and "Crack the Skye" (2009), establishing themselves as one of the hottest metal bands of our time. If you like your metal hard, progressive and delivered with intense aggression on stage, Troy Sanders (bass/vocals), Brent Hinds (guitar/vocals), Bill Kelliher (guitar) and Brann Dailor (drums) is the band for you!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

U.D.O. (D)

Former Accept-vocalist Udo Dirkschneider is one of the most acknowledged characters in hard rock and never fails to bring down the house at SRF. No wonder - heavy metal doesn't get much better than the immortal Accept-classics everybody wants to hear and nobody gets tired of, along with the best pieces from U.D.O's own catalogue, twelve studio albums strong to date. The latest of which, "Dominator", has been lauded as one of the band's finest for many years, and here is something that maybe isn't mentioned often enough - that a U.D.O.-concert is not only a good place to rediscover old fave-tracks, but to discover new ones as well. U.D.O. will headline wednesday june 9th at the festival.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Gary Moore to Sweden Rock - to play hard rock!

It's finally happening - Gary Moore is coming to SRF TO PLAY HARD ROCK!

The guitar legend from Belfast has, obviously, been playing blues (and certain other things) for two decades now. But in Sweden, home of Gary's arguably most devoted fan-base, he is still primarily remembered and cherished for his hard-rock classics. He got his break in 1979, when "Parisienne Walkways" became a hit and he released the "Black Rose"-album as a member of Thin Lizzy. His solo career began "for real" with "Corridors of Power" (1982), and subsequent releases, in particular the Celtic-inspired "Wild Frontier" (1987), made Gary famous in many countries and idolized in Sweden. His subsequent blues records also sold very well in Sweden to begin with, but his personal and emotional hard-rock songs remain the greatest favorites among Swedish fans. "Empty Rooms", "Out in the Fields", "Over the Hills and Far Away" and "After the War", to name but a few. Now, after more than 20 years, classics as these, and the occasional Thin Lizzy-nugget, will once more echo across the plains. !

Only show in Sweden!

Guns N' Roses to Sweden Rock Festival 2010

One of the biggest rock bands of all time, Guns N' Roses, will bring their "Chinese Democracy World Tour" to Sölvesborg and Sweden Rock Festival in June.

The worldwide tour promotes the band's latest album, Chinese Democracy, which debuted at #1 on the charts in thirteen countries including Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Finland, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, as well as the European Top 100 Albums survey.

Chinese Democracy was released on Black Frog/Geffen Records in November 2008 and reached 3 times Platinum in Canada, Platinum in Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Romania, Switzerland, UK, Argentina, New Zealand and South Africa. The album is Gold in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Holland, Sweden, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Brazil and Colombia. In the U.S., the album was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009.

Produced by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo, Chinese Democracy includes 14 tracks.

On this tour, singer/main man Axl Rose is accompanied by long-time keyboardist Dizzy Reed, the latter's fellow ivories tickler Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson, drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarists Richard Fortus, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba - a musical dream-team and one of the most prestigious SRF-debuts this festival has ever had the pleasure of introducing!

Guns N' Roses last played in Sweden in June 2006, when they sold out the Globe arena in Stockholm.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, I posted it in the main section.

Yes, yes yes!!!!

Sorry, I didn't see it. I started a topic as well...

This is really weird at first I checked out srf site to see that Gary Moore was confirmed and when I reopened the page to get the link I get GNR in my face :D

Exactly the same here. I saw that he was confirmed an hour ago, but I wanted to read everything about Madison first, so I let it be for an hour, and freaked out when I opened it again.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

A little exaggerated with 300 Euro. I would say around 240 Euro for the four day ticket.

One Euro cost about 10 Swedish Kronor (SEK) and the four day ticket cost 2 400 SEK.