Spaghetti Incident Promo Can Question

Well I have owned one of the TSI Promo Cans for quite a few years and whilst the tin is sealed it is most definitely empty (you can tell judging by the weight and sound of it).

Now I have heard in the past that the can contained a t-shirt and CD but eventually dismissed it as urban myth since I could never find one with it nor anybody else with one. But I recently came accross these pics of an old ebay auction (one from about a year and a half ago).

The pics plus the item description made me rethink it. This particular can actually has a lid with it - I have never seen that before? The can is appearance wise exactly like all the others I have seen (excluding the lid). The auction details were:

Truly A Rare piece for Guns N' Roses fans!!!! This really cool spaghetti can contains an rare T-shirt and the album unopened. The can has not been opened either and is sealed shut and can only be opened with a can opener. Label and can is in mint condition. Stands 7 inches high and 6 inches across. Still has the white plastic lid that originally came with it.

Has anybody ever actually seen one with a lid or one that DEFINITELY has something in it?

1zou88l.jpg

2hdcex5.jpg

2vbo8ig.jpg

esp7vq.jpg

On a separate note I also came accross this TSI Promo Calendar - anybody seen one of these before? (The Slash signature was added later BTW).

e6uero.jpg

Promo calendar poster is very cool. As for the can, I've heard the same thing but never any proof. Can you post the link please or email/pm it to me? Thanks

Troccoli have you ever seen one with a lid?

These are the old auction links - unfortuantely there is no buyer or seller details:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/rare-gunsn-roses-spaghetti-incident-unopened

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/guns-n-roses-signed-spaghetti-incident-promo

Promo calendar poster is very cool. As for the can, I've heard the same thing but never any proof. Can you post the link please or email/pm it to me? Thanks

These are the old auction links - unfortuantely there is no buyer or seller details:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/rare-gunsn-roses-spaghetti-incident-unopened

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/guns-n-roses-signed-spaghetti-incident-promo

Thanks for the links. I have seen one with a lid that wasn't for sale, but I can't remember when or who showed it to me. Probably the same person who told me they had one with "something" inside. If I remember correctly, I asked them if they would be willing to open it to confirm the contents, but understandably they did not want to.

Thanks for the links. I have seen one with a lid that wasn't for sale, but I can't remember when or who showed it to me. Probably the same person who told me they had one with "something" inside. If I remember correctly, I asked them if they would be willing to open it to confirm the contents, but understandably they did not want to.

I suppose thinking about it makes sense. If the cans that actually have something in them have a lid, that way once you use a can opener to get the CD and t-shirt out you can still use the can or keep it as a display item by putting the lid over the top of the end you have opened up.

I have one without a lid. I have never seen one with. I have heard many times that there is one with something in it. My guess at this point is they are all empty. But thats my guess.

But wasn't there one that went with the box of spaghetti?. A smaller can? The smaller can would be the size to have a t-shirt in it. If there is one. I have seen that box a few times. I would love to have that too. Also the transistor radio!

I have one without a lid. I have never seen one with. I have heard many times that there is one with something in it. My guess at this point is they are all empty. But thats my guess.

But wasn't there one that went with the box of spaghetti?. A smaller can? The smaller can would be the size to have a t-shirt in it. If there is one. I have seen that box a few times. I would love to have that too. Also the transistor radio!

I have those Italian promo items in my collection, the spaghetti box definitely has real spaghetti inside whilst the tin of tomotoes definitely has chopped tomatoes in - one of my tins leaked and I had to throw it out that's how I know.

2lbe62e.jpg

hs3sqc.jpg

I still have the can that is sealed, with the lid, with the t-shirt and CD inside.

I emailed Troccoli about it (and a few other people) to try and find out more info quite a ways back. Nobody seems to have a photo of the actual contents. Definitely a shirt/cloth item, and a hard item like a cd case in there.

Still dont want to open it though...

Looks identical to the ones that have nothing in them.

I still have the can that is sealed, with the lid, with the t-shirt and CD inside.

I emailed Troccoli about it (and a few other people) to try and find out more info quite a ways back. Nobody seems to have a photo of the actual contents. Definitely a shirt/cloth item, and a hard item like a cd case in there.

yeah I wouldn't open it either

Cool!

That must be the situation then, the cans with lids must be the ones that actually have something in them. Curious as to what the t-shirt looks like. my guess is it could look like those TSI t-shirts that are organge with spaghetti all over them.

Cool!

That must be the situation then, the cans with lids must be the ones that actually have something in them. Curious as to what the t-shirt looks like. my guess is it could look like those TSI t-shirts that are organge with spaghetti all over them.

seems logical

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

• 14 years later...