Smashing Pumpkins-Teargarden by Kaleidyscope

inthisriver

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tune has one of the loveliest melodic guitar intros that isn't property of Metallica. I always thought of it as a version of Today for people with longer attention spans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-swlx9z2O0

I'm one of those people who genuinely believe that Mellon Collie has ZERO filler on it. I'm partial to this song just 'cause of how desperately sweet the creepy subject matter comes across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye-1pUSmzrI

Not sure what's going on with Billy these days, but I hope that at least some of the new songs live up to the band's 90's rep. The comeback album was a disappointment, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked it at first, but now it just sounds like a crappy Stairway to Heaven wannabe (to make it clear, Stairway is one of my favourite songs, the live performance from the Song Remains The Same at least). Still looking forward to rest of album.

Surprised no one has mentioned the remix of The End is the Beginning is the End, The Beginning is the End is the Beginning, from the Watchmen teaser trailer (perfect choice of music, while I may not love his films Zack Snyder sure makes the best damn trailers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxM4EbN9lMY

I see alot of love for Mellon Collie in this thread - but not much for their later albums.

Don't sleep on those albums fellas - Some of their best work.

Adore is their best album in my opinion

Billy's voice just doesn't work for it.

Got to agree. Its a nice song though. Give me an instrumental version or someone else singing though. I think the music is fantastic but the voice kind of makes an amazing song into an "Ok" song.

His voice works fine for it. I don't know what you expect to hear... it's a Smashing Pumpkins track and he's the singer. :shrugs:

Thirty-Three

In the Arms of Sleep

Mayonaise

Galapogos

Ava Adore

Perfect

Some of the greatest songs ever penned. Ive always loved the Pumpkins, and never cared what people thought of it. They have some simply amazing tunes. amazing. First 3 albums + Adore are must haves.

Just listened to em again. If nebody is going to download any of those tracks, check out Galapogos and In the Arms of Sleep. Such great lyrics and melodies.

Edited by drtydane

Got to agree. Its a nice song though. Give me an instrumental version or someone else singing though. I think the music is fantastic but the voice kind of makes an amazing song into an "Ok" song.

His voice works fine for it. I don't know what you expect to hear... it's a Smashing Pumpkins track and he's the singer. :shrugs:

Billy Corgan is a solid vocalist, but more than that he wrote the damn song. What do you want, some American Idol hack butchering his baby?

Damn.

Billy Corgan is a solid vocalist, but more than that he wrote the damn song. What do you want, some American Idol hack butchering his baby?

Damn.

Wtf? I'm just saying his voice doesn't work.

Damn.

Wtf? I'm just saying his voice doesn't work.

Wtf? I'm just telling you you're wrong.

I'm not referring to you I'm referring to the fag who said I wanted an American Idol hack. The fact of the matter is Corrigan's voice is very distinct and does not work for a song like this.

I am homosexual because you disagree with me? how fucking childish. My point was absurd. I didn't place those words in your mouth.With your apparent homophobia and complete inability to read a post in full before sending off some little post that is supposed to belittle and humiliate rather than actualize respond to a valid point, I wasting time.

Your ignorance is astounding. I have several gay and lesbian friends and who they sleep with is not a part of our friendship. But people like you that use anti-homosexuals slurs regularly as generic insults really do have a great tendency towards BEING gay.Pot calls the kettle black. What next, are you going to use some racist type of attack? no, that is not acceptable to society now. calling people fags or saying something you find lame is gay creates a subconscious connection between the word and it's actual meaning.

The point was dummy that music is a passion.When you composeta song it is very personal and sacred.bringing in a singer with a better voice technically would suck the life out of them.Is that clear enough asshole?