Gigs you're at this year

Snake Eyes

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns N' Roses at the Rose Bar (First show of the year, and greatest show of my life, I also got two picks, a Drumstick, and a Champagne glass, documented on my facebook and youtube)

Ace Frehley at the Nokia Theater

The Apple Bros. at John Varvatos (Free show and free beer and tequila)

Limp Bizkit at the Gramercy Theater (Free show, ironically a block away from the Rose Bar, had no idea about it until I passed it by, and asked some guys who worked with the band about it)

Michael Monroe at Highline Ballroom (Dirty Pearls opened, who I became a fan of that night)

Dirty Pearls (Free show at Santos Party House, knew about it after the Michael Monroe show)

(Just added) The Dirty Pearls (Won through a contest. Takes place on a cruise)

Slash at Terminal 5

Aerosmith at Jones Beach (Maybe)

Edited by Shackler118

Guns N' Roses at the Rose Bar (First show of the year, and greatest show of my life, I also got two picks, a Drumstick, and a Champagne glass, documented on my facebook and youtube)

You are so lucky!

I seriously am. I am very grateful to have seen the show, I really have no reason to complain over anything ever since that day, and I actually left out another item I took: a piece of broken guitar string off the stage from Ashba's guitar haha (why not right?), oh and the four free beers and champagne after the show.

I'll hopefully be seeing The Smashing Pumpkins on July 12th. I might try to get tickets for Pittsburgh also. :)

Other than that, nothing.

I missed out on two Phil Collins shows due to being in West Virginia for a family trip, so that was a real bummer for me. :(

I was going to try to see Paul McCartney, but I'm not paying $250 for a floor seat. :rolleyes: And I certainly don't want a nosebleed seat, either.

Not much so far, Aerosmith 15.06 in London and 18.06 in Bucharest, plus Pendulum 12.06

I also really wanted to see Mark Knopfler and Pearl Jam, and was pretty close, but was unlucky with the former and stupid with the latter, and I ended up having to pass both. I am unhappy about it. :anger:

I'm also definitely seeing GNR on 21.09 and probably (99%) Iron Maiden on 15.08

Hopefully more will come up.

Edited by GivenToFly

• 2 weeks later...

IM seeing the Scorpions in two weeks with Ratt, are they any good live?

Okay, I guess it's time to write a review since I just got back.

Ratt-Terrible, terrible, terrible. Boring and while I do like the Steve Pearcy's voice now(sounds like Vince Neil), the new songs follow the drone of 80's love children who cant let go. No charisma onstage, it was almost like they were treating it as a job. I bought Out of the Celler, never will buy another Ratt record again, I guess its warranted though because the amphitheater was only 50% full when they came on with only about 4000 people. They closed with Round and Round, how suitable because I had a round and round of beers during their set. 4/10

Setlist:

You're In Love

Lay It Down

Lack Of Communication

You Think You're Tough

A Little Too Much

Lovin' You's A Dirty Job

Best of Me

Back For More

Eat Me Up Alive

Round And Round

Scorpions-The main attraction, the real show. And I've got to say, they blew my expectations away. Klaus Meine angelic voice is just as good 40 years ago as it is now. The amphitheater was more or less sold out with all but a few the seats taken, the floor packed, and most of the grass taken up. I would say about 90% of it was sold and about 7-9 thousand people there. Winds of Change sounded great live, and a new song (cant remember the name) sounded just as great. Holiday was awesome and the rockers were energy packed. Hell, even the drum solo was fun to watch. There were a few mosh pits, but no underground Metalcore grade moshpits. I wouldnt rank them up with GnR's moshpit either but they were there. They closed with Rock You Like a Hurricane, and boy did I go nuts during it. Overall a great concert, and while Ratt was disappointing, the Scorpians blew me away. 8.5/10.

Setlist: Sting In The Tail

Make It Real

Bad Boys Running Wild

The Zoo

Coast To Coast

Loving You Sunday Morning

The Best Is Yet To Come

Wind Of Change

Holiday

Raised on Rock

Tease Me Please Me

Dynamite

Kottak Attack

Blackout

Six String Sting

Big City Nights

No One Like You

Rock You Like A Hurricane

BTW: Some strange things I noticied during the break in between Ratt/Scorpions is when they played Rockstar by Nickleback, everyone sang the song, everyone, including me. But even though thats weird, it's not the weirdest part, even though everyone sang it, they booed it afterwards. The exact opposite for Mettalica-Enter Sandman, and Ac/Dc Back in Black. They also played Chinese Democracy before the show.

Edited by Cdlove

At T In The Park I saw The Big Pink, The Temper Trap, Editors, Florence & The Machine, Muse, Twisted Wheel, The Draymin, Newton Faulker, The Proclaimers, The Black Keys, The Courteeners, Stereophonics, Mumford & Sons, Eminem, The Stranglers, The View, Airbourne, Ellie Goulding, Babyshambles, Biffy Clyro and Kasabian. So many great bands.

Tickets for Modest Mouse, Stiff Little Fingers, MGMT, Paul Weller, Biffy Clyro, The Charlatans. Hopefully catch Crystal Castles, Foals and Godspeed You Black Emperor! as well.

Just found out the Motley Crue show here in Norway is cancelled.. :(

...When were they supposed to play in Norway? There was never a show listed on their site, just the 5 Euro dates that are still there.

Edited by Powerage5