Performance Mode has been activated

Montrealer

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The white little squares on these t_read.png that you get when you've posted in a thread are still gone.

Also, this whole day, it has been a big grey field at the top of some topics. Don't really know why, if it's just my computer that had it or something like that. Haven't seen them in a while though, so maybe it has stopped.

Best post ever Black Sabbath,, seriously.

Yesterday was the first "stress test" for version 3.0 of the Forum software.

Performance mode has been disabled as of last night.

The Forum is back to normal. Enjoy.

BS - Did you get a sarcasm bitchslap from Eric?? How awesome.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The white little squares on these t_read.png that you get when you've posted in a thread are still gone.

That's part of being in performance mode, but I see it doesn't appear to have been re-enabled (my cache might just need clearing though).

Yeah, I pointed it out because he said it was back to normal when it wasn't. Didn't try to be a prick or something, just to tell him in case he didn't notice himself.

There is a bug in the forum. After you guys put performance mode away I keep getting a big grey box in topics sometimes and nothing except grey shows up.

Yeah. You can scroll down and than you'll see the actual topic.

It's the grey field where

Signed in as *user name*, Messenger, Sign Out, and search box is.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Is there any chance we can get these back, I find them really useful!

Agreed. It's really easier to find the topics you're interested in.

And these big grey things still appear in some topics. Not a big problem, but annoying enough.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Is there any chance we can get these back, I find them really useful!

Agreed. It's really easier to find the topics you're interested in.

And these big grey things still appear in some topics. Not a big problem, but annoying enough.

Those are called topic markers. They were disabled when in "Performance mode" cause they became problematic during the first stress test for mygnrforum IPB v3.05.

They have not been re-enabled after going back to "Normal mode".

Sorry for the invonvenience. I have no lans to re-enable them untill the next update 3.0.6.

Sorry for the inconvenience, Forum stability gets priority over this feature for now.

Eric (admin)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Ah, I see. No big deal, it was just very useful. Anyways, when is next update?

And how about these big grey fields? No big deal that either, but they are still a bit annoying. Surely some moderator must have noticed them? They started coming when you put the forum into "Performance mode", so I imagine that it's the same for that as for the topic markers, that It will have to wait until next update?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

• 3 months later...