Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 2019-12-16 at 2:29 AM, DownUnderScott said:

I just want to hear his voice on songs, and music that he has created, but the rest of the crap that seems to dominate the GnR landscape they can shove up their arse.

What you propose here is what I think a black hole would be like. 

a huge fuckload of “crap” in the landscape of space gets sucked into a thing that makes “crap” and is supposed to eject crap like any well behaved hole but, it just sucks it up. GnR has a lot of crap to be shoved up / Sucked into the black mega asshole, and as we have very little info on black holes, so it is with the GnR camp. 

Duff is a financially smart guy, I’d not underestimate “punk as fuck”s input to revenue streams. Duff is as likely behind the ornament as TB. He’s browsed through the kiss webstore to see what GNR could get away with selling.... 

5 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

He's probably as annoyed as we are of the lack of new music and maybe sick of being asked about it

Poor Richard. He's getting asked about new music. Come on now. he could have just not replied at all. Instead he's plugging his new guitars and being snarky to a fan. Being asked about new music comes with the territory of being a member in the band.

I get that he's probably sick of it but it's just not very professional of him. What are fans supposed to do? not ask that question? whatever.

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Poor Richard. He's getting asked about new music. Come on now. he could have just not replied at all. Instead he's plugging his new guitars and being snarky to a fan. Being asked about new music comes with the territory of being a member in the band.

I get that he's probably sick of it but it's just not very professional of him. What are fans supposed to do? not ask that question? whatever.

Fans who think the announcement will come from Richard on Facebook deserve to be trolled. Richard is saying something about the only thing he has a say in. His own releases.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Fans who think the announcement will come from Richard on Facebook deserve to be trolled. Richard is saying something about the only thing he has a say in. His own releases.

no they don't. They deserve a better reply or no reply at all. A simple "I don't know" or "it's not up to me" would have sufficed. And it's obvious he knew exactly what that fan was asking about and it wasn't his signature guitars.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

no they don't. They deserve a better reply or no reply at all. A simple "I don't know" or "it's not up to me" would have sufficed. And it's obvious he knew exactly what that fan was asking about and it wasn't his signature guitars.

In Richard's defense, he's probably just tired of the question. He's had the same answer since 2002 and he's probably just sick of people asking. 

I don't know but it must be very disappointing for him to be in the band for 20 years and have only recorded one album

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

In Richard's defense, he's probably just tired of the question. He's had the same answer since 2002 and he's probably just sick of people asking. 

I Agree

34 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

I don't know but it must be very disappointing for him to be in the band for 20 years and have only recorded one album

I Agree

He has also given us lots of promises about the new music that never happened. Maybe he has learned his lessons!

31 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

He has also given us lots of promises about the new music that never happened. Maybe he has learned his lessons!

Hopefully he's learned his lesson - it would be hilarious if his signature Falcon takes like 8 more years to be released :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

His answer should be "Ask Axl" We all know the meaning of that kind of answer. Or he can also ignore the question if he is tired of it.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

His answer should be "Ask Axl" We all know the meaning of that kind of answer. Or he can also ignore the question if he is tired of it.

Fair enough. I do think his answer was kind of dick-ish, to be honest. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Fair enough. I do think his answer was kind of dick-ish, to be honest. 

Agree. But don't ask him anything GN'R related. If there is an album coming up. Believe me, we won't get the news from him. How did we find out about the reunion? Rumors from the media that nobody from the GN'R camp denied. And when they were ready. They made an official announcement.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DK6 said:

More to the point - who the hell would want a richard fortus signature guitar???:blink:

I would if I had the $$, Falcons are fantastic and I really enjoy Richards timbre. But Falcons costs more than a house in my third world country :lol:

Anyways, in Richards defense, the guy asked if any new "stuff" would be released he didnt ask for music. :lol:

• Like 1

1, Richard‘s post once again approves that irony does not work in writing. If you would have seen him smile whilst giving that answer, you would have laughed instead of crying how rude and mean he is. I met him in person and can tell you that he isn’t. He is one nice and gentle guy who takes his time to talk to fans. 

2. If Fernando Potato (or whatever his name is) isn’t even able to ask his question in a clear way, let alone in a charming way, I totally get that 4tus had zero motivation to give any response in such a way. I laughed about his answer. In fact, it was clever ... other than the previous harsh and unspecified question.  

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This, it must be very frustrating for these guys who I'm sure would be wayyy keen to create music and put an album out every now and then with GnR. Like the good ol' days when they were growing up and they were young music fans too. Obviously the world is a much different place now but still these guys are in their 50's and creating songs and putting out albums is probably something very dear to them. Too bad the label, or Axl, whatever can't get their shit together...

• Like 2