Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Accorrd LOUDWIRE article "Izzy's Appetite guitar auction beguin at $ 50,000. The 1987 Gibson until February 1988 when Stradlin sold the guitar to GNR manager Howie  Hubberman.

A fellow Sunset Street band then purchased the instrument from Hubberman's shop and owned it until 2020, when.was sold to  a music industry executive.

On 3/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, Euchre said:

You assumed I was talking about Axl even though I didn't mention any names....... now I wonder why that is ?

It's almost as if its because that is the person that has had numerous such allegations put to them over the years from wives, girlfriends, friends of girlfriends, band mates, musician friends, other friends, first hand witnesses.......and someone who also puts lines like "Wife Beating Has Been Around for 10,000 Years" and other similar sentiments on their album covers and lyrics.

I don't believe in cancel culture at all and I certainly don't believe things should be banned before 1990. My issue is the phoney, hypocritical nature of the way Duff is going about things and the attitude of 'when me or my friends say this stuff, <insert some sort of explanation here of why it shouldn't be interpreted that way>, but when anyone else does cancel them as they must be pure evil'

Allegations is one thing. But when you say "Duffs on a band with a well known wife/girlfriend beater and alleged rapist" and you onow anything about Axl it's pretty evident who you were on about. End of the day he wasn't proven guilty on any of those and you're throwing around 2nd information as if you have any idea what was really happening. And i'm sure you've read all the court documents, but I don't care. IF he was guilty, with his record he would have been made an example of.

I don’t know how to post a FB post here, but Richard is selling a huge number of guitars and amps on something called the Chicago Music Exchange... if I could’ve posted it, it’s a moving truck full of guitars and amps for sale it appears to me... Pretty stark example of the economics of rock n roll. One day you’re a rockstar with 799 guitars, the next you’re in a pawn shop... that’s the way I see it- if anyone knows more about it, please chime in. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I don’t know how to post a FB post here, but Richard is selling a huge number of guitars and amps on something called the Chicago Music Exchange... if I could’ve posted it, it’s a moving truck full of guitars and amps for sale it appears to me... Pretty stark example of the economics of rock n roll. One day you’re a rockstar with 799 guitars, the next you’re in a pawn shop... that’s the way I see it- if anyone knows more about it, please chime in. 

Interesting. I’ve always wondered how much Axl pays his staff like Richard. What do you all think? To be on contract with GnR and obviously they would stipulate that GnR is the priority with any side-interests not to conflict with plans, how much for a hired muso to take that gig?

I would have a guess around $100 00 - $150 000 per year with all expenses paid touring.

What do you all reckon?

5 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Interesting. I’ve always wondered how much Axl pays his staff like Richard. What do you all think? To be on contract with GnR and obviously they would stipulate that GnR is the priority with any side-interests not to conflict with plans, how much for a hired muso to take that gig?

I would have a guess around $100 00 - $150 000 per year with all expenses paid touring.

What do you all reckon?

I remember around 2011 that the mother of Dizzy's daughter was asking for donations to go towards paying for their daughters further education. The salaries of the band from '02 allegedly got out years ago. I remember Bucket was on something like $40,000 a month - could all have been false though. Tommy was working in a call center before getting the Guns gig. Just goes to show how cut throat it is being a musician that isn't with one of the juggernauts making a comfortable living. There's probably more to it with 4tus selling these guitars, I'm sure he'll be doing alright!

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 3:55 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

I think he's just trying to sell off a bunch of gear that he doesn't use anymore.

• Like 3

On 4/10/2021 at 4:54 AM, Dean said:

I remember around 2011 that the mother of Dizzy's daughter was asking for donations to go towards paying for their daughters further education. The salaries of the band from '02 allegedly got out years ago. I remember Bucket was on something like $40,000 a month - could all have been false though. Tommy was working in a call center before getting the Guns gig. Just goes to show how cut throat it is being a musician that isn't with one of the juggernauts making a comfortable living. There's probably more to it with 4tus selling these guitars, I'm sure he'll be doing alright!

It also goes to show how important it is for musicians to be smart with their money, which most are not. The nature of feast or famine has always been the case with musicians, I know Duff has discussed it a lot. 

• Like 4