Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I agree.  There was a time where I thought it was more valid, however in the rotation for the last couple of years we have gotten Shadow of Your Love, Slither, Locomotive, and Dead Horse.  Along with occasional bursts of There Was A Time, Madagascar, Yesterdays, etc.

I think the setlist situation currently is actually pretty good

I dont think ive heard a nitl version of there was a time?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Just now, Sydney Fan said:

I dont think ive heard a nitl version if there was a time?.

I saw them perform TWAT live in San Diego 2016 which was badass, I never ever thought I would get to hear it played live ever because of how infrequent they bust it out

10 hours ago, Rovim said:

Clearly. But that's beside the point, Russ. I think they meant: "What would you add IF we gave a fuck about what you want to hear?" (you still don't get it, sad. :()

They could add a cover of this one to the set and dedicate it to all the hardcore fans around the world

• Haha 1

On 2019-11-11 at 10:13 PM, WhazUp said:

I saw them perform TWAT live in San Diego 2016 which was badass, I never ever thought I would get to hear it played live ever because of how infrequent they bust it out

They played it at the Slane gig also. 

Was Catcher in the Rye a rarity on the tour overall? I just realized I saw them do it twice, Seattle & Vancouver. 

On 11/12/2019 at 3:20 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Again.. The setlists are fine.. They gradually change as the months go on. When they return to a city the next time around there have always been a handful of songs that weren't played the previous time they were there.. They have a few rotating slots. They do more than 90% of the bands out there to keep it fresh. That is a fact. The encores are mixed up. They busted out a handful of songs we never would have thought they would play. Sure they could shuffle the order a bit but people's expectations are way to fucking high..  Metallica basically tours with two alternate setlists and rotate them from show to show with maybe one additional flex song per night.  

The band doesn't do everything right but to bitch about the setlists is just crazy considering they make more changes than most bands out there. Most bands play the exact same set every night for entire tours and then maybe only change 1 or 2 songs the next time they tour.. 

Found some random biggest tours list from a recent year so I'll take only rock bands and artists and how many different songs they did. Some of those are solos but it's not the point to be exact but to paint a picture. So basically only Iron Maiden is worse who don't change their set at all but they do have a huge production

Metallica 71 in 149 shows
GnR 46 in 175 shows
RHCP more than 100 in 143 shows 
Pearl Jam around 150 in only 26 shows 
U2 46 in 67 shows
Bruce Springsteen around 140 in 78 shows
Coldplay around 80 in 112 shows (around 50 songs if we exclude a cover they do for every country)
The Rolling Stones 45 in 19 shows
Paul McCartney 80 in 52 shows
Iron Maiden 15 in 72 shows

Edited by Nicklord

55 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It's been a lucrative 4 years, now Axl will take a quick breather before we start to make more money again. There is still way more money to be made from playing 30 years old tunes live.

Love it or hate it, accept it or debate it. NITL was a massive success!

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

It's been a lucrative 4 years, now Axl will take a quick breather before we start to make more money again. There is still way more money to be made from playing 30 years old tunes live.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Very nice you translation..... thanks :D

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

i think he means he's got more useless designs no one has asked for, for the merch store.