Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

exactly 

fernando and beta are the worst thing that could have happened to axl and gnr 

slash and duff know it but don't say anything 

izzy definetely knows it 

and as far as the rest of the leaches are concerned - well axl got fucked by them all and now lives like the 1% of what he really represented back in the day 

when civil war came out he could've been the next biggest leader but something happened to him in 91 which was BETAAA 

"Next biggest leader", you mean like Nelson Mandela or something?

On 11/19/2019 at 5:43 PM, kiwiguns said:

For people who seem to dismiss alot of what TB does or individuals within the bands inner circle, you sure are obsessed by what they say or do. 

Thats creepy, given these people have no impact on each of your daily lives. 

i completely agree, its really difficult to appreciate GNR for what they represent when the feelings of their elementary school drop out underlings are hurt 

8 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Pretty cool history on "Since I Don't have You".. I remember that storm well a we drove through it to get to the show.  It was insane and we were all on acid.. including the driver haha.. Good times :)

I was also in bootcamp when TSI was released and my buddy mailed me the cassette. I still have it. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, DeadHorseinaComa said:

Yes, it perfectly fits Axl's voice as of now.

Perfect substitute for The Seeker I'd say.

I actually love the Seeker too! Would cool to see them rotate those two.. I don't think they play the Seeker every show anyway

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I actually love the Seeker too! Would cool to see them rotate those two.. I don't think they play the Seeker every show anyway

Yeah, I also think that they put in the right place, after the mellower alts and to bring up the energy before PC. One thing I'd also love to hear is Slash playing the solo as he did at the Troubador show, it had the dirtiness that I love from his style.

Edited by DeadHorseinaComa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeadHorseinaComa said:

Yeah, I also think that they put in the right place, after the mellower alts and to bring up the energy before PC. One thing I'd also love to hear is Slash playing the solo as he did at the Troubador show, it had the dirtiness that I love from his style.

Don't think I have seen the Troubador solo. I will have to look for it.. The Seeker is really good. People around here are never happy about ANYTHING but I have had friends who made positive comments about after the show and I know my cousin loves it..  I have posted it on facebook and it got a positive reaction.  Axl is certainly hit or miss these days but he owns that song and always seems int it. The Charlotte performance was killer.. Including Slash's solo.. He played with His Les Paul and always sounds better playing anything with his Les Pauls IMO..  Especially Anastasia.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Don't think I have seen the Troubador solo. I will have to look for it.. The Seeker is really good. People around here are never happy about ANYTHING but I have had friends who made positive comments about after the show and I know my cousin loves it..  I have posted it on facebook and it got a positive reaction.  Axl is certainly hit or miss these days but he owns that song and always seems int it. The Charlotte performance was killer.. Including Slash's solo.. He played with His Les Paul and always sounds better playing anything with his Les Pauls IMO..  Especially Anastasia.

My problem with The Seeker is that I'm just not a fan of the song or The Who in general. They do a great job on the song, but I don't like it to begin with so that's why I bitch about it lol. 

I was at the Vegas show when they played it for the very first time. I was crossing my fingers it was a one off, but no such luck. 

In any case, it certainly is right in the pocket where Axl sounds great. 

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

13 hours ago, DeadHorseinaComa said:

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was actually never a fan of the Who either and knew the song but wasn't overly familiar with it. But I love the Guns version. Went back to listen to the original too. Not only is the song in Axl's pocket but he seems to really get off on singing it and you can see some of that old school swagger in him when he does. I wouldn't mind a hearing a studio version of it on an album if they did one.

I like the seeker too and would love to hear a studio version. I would definitely play it a lot in my car and elsewhere.

• Like 2