Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

The only thing holding up an album is Axl.

Literally everyone else in the band has released a lot of albums. Slash released one album after another, Duff released a solo album and Loaded albums. Even Fortus released music with another band.

Wasn't Dizzy releasing an album too? (edit: he did, in 2018... I'll give it a listen)

But yeah... the only one who is not releasing new music is Axl.

The rest of the band would just release a straight up rock record within a year. But then Axl would think it's not good enough and start tinkering with it. And then he would bring in other people again... and then nothing will happen for years and everyone would leave the band.

It's Axl. He is the problem, not the solution.

They should get another vocalist and call it VR2 or something :lol:

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I think his answer was tongue in cheek. Trying to be clever and funny

not mean spirited. 

This shouldn't be the debate. It doesn't matter if he was funny or if he was a jerk.

It is a waste of time to ask Fortus, Melissa or Frank about a new album. Assuming they know something, they will not make any announcement in their social media.

19 minutes ago, Padme said:

This shouldn't be the debate. It doesn't matter if he was funny or if he was a jerk.

It is a waste of time to ask Fortus, Melissa or Frank about a new album. Assuming they know something, they will not make any announcement in their social media.

Some/many people may not know that. Casuals (muggles). It's like that "what's SCOM, and where's Sweet Child O' Mine" person. They'll always be asking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Some/many people may not know that. Casuals (muggles). It's like that "what's SCOM, and where's Sweet Child O' Mine" person. They'll always be asking. 

Forum members (this one or any other) are not casuals. Even if some of them are, they can find information around forums. Besides I can't imagine casuals asking for a new album. You said it yourself. They would ask about SCOM or something like that.

5 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

1, Richard‘s post once again approves that irony does not work in writing. If you would have seen him smile whilst giving that answer, you would have laughed instead of crying how rude and mean he is. I met him in person and can tell you that he isn’t. He is one nice and gentle guy who takes his time to talk to fans. 

2. If Fernando Potato (or whatever his name is) isn’t even able to ask his question in a clear way, let alone in a charming way, I totally get that 4tus had zero motivation to give any response in such a way. I laughed about his answer. In fact, it was clever ... other than the previous harsh and unspecified question.  

The irony work in writing if you write it with suspension points, but Fortus don't put it.

8 hours ago, Padme said:

Forum members (this one or any other) are not casuals. Even if some of them are, they can find information around forums. Besides I can't imagine casuals asking for a new album. You said it yourself. They would ask about SCOM or something like that.

Didn't know it is a forum member.

17 hours ago, Lethalis said:

The only thing holding up an album is Axl.

Literally everyone else in the band has released a lot of albums. Slash released one album after another, Duff released a solo album and Loaded albums. Even Fortus released music with another band.

Wasn't Dizzy releasing an album too? (edit: he did, in 2018... I'll give it a listen)

But yeah... the only one who is not releasing new music is Axl.

The rest of the band would just release a straight up rock record within a year. But then Axl would think it's not good enough and start tinkering with it. And then he would bring in other people again... and then nothing will happen for years and everyone would leave the band.

It's Axl. He is the problem, not the solution.

They should get another vocalist and call it VR2 or something :lol:

I would be down for some VR 2.

10 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Same here. My opinion, the first time i saw VR in 05 in oz that show was better than when i saw guns in 2017. The  energy  was completely different, the VR show was very raucous . Plus i do still play contraband. Scott was the right frontman for that band.

They could've been a solid group with more awesome records after Libertad. Too bad Scott couldn't escape his demons. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Wasnt Matt the main reason the band didnt succeed?

Scott Weiland - as great a musician as he was - was also a lot of trouble when you want a stable band :)

The guy never overcame his addictions and trouble followed him everywhere he went.

I really like reading his interview (the one Sydney Fan posted). It feels honest to me and I love how he says he understood Axl better after a while... "With this band everything is about touring" no shit :lol:

Edited by Lethalis

7 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

There may be a few like me who didn't and doesn't know this, but how close was gnr from reuniting in 06? Any details on that? 

I think Weiland (or someone with comparable credibility) also suggested that there was the possibility of a reunion of some kind for Donnington '06. The Greatest Hits thing makes less sense as that came out in March 2004.....then again Bucket left in March 2004 leading to the Rio/Lisboa show being cancelled so maybe some feelers were extended towards Slash?

I can't remember any more details if there were any but it does seem kinda implausible to me unless it was really a case of managers and promoters talking big money and deals with Axl knowing nothing about it as he claimed he had no idea of the 2001 tour that was booked. 

• GNFNR 1