Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 28.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

They couldn't do this without the permission of the man behind the mic, prostituting himself for fortune and shame.

Maybe you're right. Although I doubt he's very much involved in any of this.

As long as the cheques are coming I don't think he cares one bit. 

• Like 1
On 12/15/2019 at 3:58 AM, DownUnderScott said:

I know we are all very frustrated but it is what it is. Axl and co. are entitled to make as much money from whatever they deem appropriate and they don’t have to answer to us or anyone. Metallica, Kiss and many other bands have been doing this shit for years. GnR are actually slow to catch on, if they deserve any criticism its that they are behind the times with marketing and merchandising but that is consistent with everything GnR, Behind the times. They are no longer musically relevant. Simple as that. The leaks didn’t even make the news. No-one gives a rats arse anymore. They are the biggest Nostalgia touring act in the world and good luck to them. They are making hay while the sun shines. Adding to their respective retirement funds and that of their kids and the future generations of their family, and yes that definitely includes the Lebeis family, setting themselves up for the future as we all aspire to do. They are just doing it on a much bigger scale.

In terms of new music, go out and listen to Tool (F.I is awesome and I highly recommended it!)  or some artist that is still active, or find other bands to discover.

Thnx. Truth.                                                                              It is what it is.  

Edited by Amaya
On 15/12/2019 at 8:32 PM, derekness said:

How so and where did you hear? I think they are interested in doing the exact opposite. 

From nowhere. Im speculatin for the "like" i had from fernando... nothin more. Only guts here... nothin official. 😂

On 2019-12-16 at 2:29 AM, DownUnderScott said:

I just want to hear his voice on songs, and music that he has created, but the rest of the crap that seems to dominate the GnR landscape they can shove up their arse.

What you propose here is what I think a black hole would be like. 

a huge fuckload of “crap” in the landscape of space gets sucked into a thing that makes “crap” and is supposed to eject crap like any well behaved hole but, it just sucks it up. GnR has a lot of crap to be shoved up / Sucked into the black mega asshole, and as we have very little info on black holes, so it is with the GnR camp. 

Duff is a financially smart guy, I’d not underestimate “punk as fuck”s input to revenue streams. Duff is as likely behind the ornament as TB. He’s browsed through the kiss webstore to see what GNR could get away with selling.... 

5 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

He's probably as annoyed as we are of the lack of new music and maybe sick of being asked about it

Poor Richard. He's getting asked about new music. Come on now. he could have just not replied at all. Instead he's plugging his new guitars and being snarky to a fan. Being asked about new music comes with the territory of being a member in the band.

I get that he's probably sick of it but it's just not very professional of him. What are fans supposed to do? not ask that question? whatever.

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Poor Richard. He's getting asked about new music. Come on now. he could have just not replied at all. Instead he's plugging his new guitars and being snarky to a fan. Being asked about new music comes with the territory of being a member in the band.

I get that he's probably sick of it but it's just not very professional of him. What are fans supposed to do? not ask that question? whatever.

Fans who think the announcement will come from Richard on Facebook deserve to be trolled. Richard is saying something about the only thing he has a say in. His own releases.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Fans who think the announcement will come from Richard on Facebook deserve to be trolled. Richard is saying something about the only thing he has a say in. His own releases.

no they don't. They deserve a better reply or no reply at all. A simple "I don't know" or "it's not up to me" would have sufficed. And it's obvious he knew exactly what that fan was asking about and it wasn't his signature guitars.

Edited by Rovim
1 hour ago, Rovim said:

no they don't. They deserve a better reply or no reply at all. A simple "I don't know" or "it's not up to me" would have sufficed. And it's obvious he knew exactly what that fan was asking about and it wasn't his signature guitars.

In Richard's defense, he's probably just tired of the question. He's had the same answer since 2002 and he's probably just sick of people asking. 

I don't know but it must be very disappointing for him to be in the band for 20 years and have only recorded one album

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

In Richard's defense, he's probably just tired of the question. He's had the same answer since 2002 and he's probably just sick of people asking. 

I Agree

31 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

He has also given us lots of promises about the new music that never happened. Maybe he has learned his lessons!

Hopefully he's learned his lesson - it would be hilarious if his signature Falcon takes like 8 more years to be released :lol:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

His answer should be "Ask Axl" We all know the meaning of that kind of answer. Or he can also ignore the question if he is tired of it.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

His answer should be "Ask Axl" We all know the meaning of that kind of answer. Or he can also ignore the question if he is tired of it.

Fair enough. I do think his answer was kind of dick-ish, to be honest.