Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I thought they didn't like it...

at first but then it sold and sold and sold and sold. How ironic: Axl was tinkering in the corner, pouring millions of dollars into his magnum opus, then the record company had enough so they just released GH and that was probably the last time a Gn'R album reached that level of commercial success and it was just the old shit.

you snooze, you lose. If he released it in 2000, even 2002, it would have sold way more probably but he made his money by reuniting with Slash and Duff.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

at first but then it sold and sold and sold and sold. How ironic: Axl was tinkering in the corner, pouring millions of dollars into his magnum opus, then the record company had enough so they just released GH and that was probably the last time a Gn'R album reached that level of commercial success and it was just the old shit.

you snooze, you lose. If he released it in 2000, even 2002, it would have sold way more probably but he made his money by reuniting with Slash and Duff.

Plus the album must have started hitting the jackpot again with the reunion, at least in 2016/17. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah they hated it. Tried to stop it's release. And to be fair, it's a shit release. Crap sleeve, poor selection of songs, and wasn't it edited too? 

A mess of a release in my view. 

Edited by allwaystired

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Thats what i thought. I thought slash and duff legally tried to block the release. I thought the record company released it as a way of recouping monies for the amount spent making CD, or was that a rumour?.

Interesting it was released same year as VRs contraband.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Thats what i thought. I thought slash and duff legally tried to block the release. I thought the record company released it as a way of recouping monies for the amount spent making CD, or was that a rumour?.

yeah, that's all true. Good point about it being released when Contraband was released. If I was working for the record company I would use the VR hype to sell Greatest Hits. Very logical move imo.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Axl too. I think, it was the only time the actually agreed on :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, UcudBmine said:

I've seen them live in 2013 and really enjoyed them, especially Myles. The man is very good with a crowd, Slash is just in his own world once he starts playing.

Myles has a good strong, voice. I thought he was  really good on RnRHall of F singing GnR songs.                          The lead singer of the band was having a tantrum at his house.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 6:23 AM, DTJ80 said:

😂 30 years ago he was bedding models and doing hard drugs - now he is playing Tiddlywinks!!!!

Yes, people change ,thank goodness, for the better. I bet they must wonder and be amazed they all, all 5 of them plus even Matt, survived and thrived and to write a book about it all.  To have been 35 years ago, really the were the most dangerous band to have come to be the most normal, square band. Looking about, GnR did not fall to typical baller, rock star life. No paternity suits. Very few divorces and no divorce wars. SnPerla was really quiet and private, just that she got her fair share.

27 minutes ago, Amaya said:

Yes, people change ,thank goodness, for the better. I bet they must wonder and be amazed they all, all 5 of them plus even Matt, survived and thrived and to write a book about it all.  To have been 35 years ago, really the were the most dangerous band to have come to be the most normal, square band. Looking about, GnR did not fall to typical baller, rock star life. No paternity suits. Very few divorces and no divorce wars. SnPerla was really quiet and private, just that she got her fair share.

Dont know about perla being private about her divorce. She advertised things on her instagram she was selling from her marriage, and intimate letters between her and slash that shouldnt have been posted. Plus posting on her instagram of having a divorce party....not very private.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, Amaya said:

Myles has a good strong, voice. I thought he was  really good on RnRHall of F singing GnR songs.                          The lead singer of the band was having a tantrum at his house.

Myles made the best of a bad situation that night, I respect him for that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Dont know about perla being private about her divorce. She advertised things on her instagram she was selling from her marriage, and intimate letters between her and slash that shouldnt have been posted. Plus posting on her instagram of having a divorce party....not very private.

Yeah she's definitely not private, always been really loud.

3 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

Myles made the best of a bad situation that night, I respect him for that. 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, Myles is a class dude.

I agree, he's great.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

And how about when she turned up at Coachella with her boyfriend and then complained to the press Slash didn’t let them in the VIP section (and compared their dicks :facepalm:) And how she told the press Slash banned her from London’s show.....and how he wouldn’t buy London a new drum kit..... ehhh the list goes on and on :shrugs: :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

And how about when she turned up at Coachella with her boyfriend and then complained to the press Slash didn’t let them in the VIP section (and compared their dicks :facepalm:) And how she told the press Slash banned her from London’s show.....and how he wouldn’t buy London a new drum kit..... ehhh the list goes on and on :shrugs: :lol:

Well done, i forgot about:lol:. I think it was her that made slash rock up to axls place that time. She knew if gnr ever got back together there would be a shitload of money made, and im sure she wanted a piece of it.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1