Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Typical Rose lateness. It was weeks ago.

Slacking there, Diesel. I'm all for criticizing everything to do with this atrocious joke of merchandise but a cultured individual such as yourself should that the vast majority of countries who celebrate Mother's Day do so on the second Sunday of May. ;)

7 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Isnt that a demo from the VR era??? It sounds familiar to me...I dont like the vocals I hear though

Yeah I remember this instrumental a bit -  I could be wrong but I think it was the following years after Scott left VR, it was this and another instrumental that were online that people who wanted to audition for VR would get them to write and record vocals over to send in.  I remember hearing a few random vocalists' takes on them on Youtube back then

24 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Yeah I remember this instrumental a bit -  I could be wrong but I think it was the following years after Scott left VR, it was this and another instrumental that were online that people who wanted to audition for VR would get them to write and record vocals over to send in.  I remember hearing a few random vocalists' takes on them on Youtube back then

Yeah one of those instrumentals was very good, actually. Shame they never did anything with it.

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah one of those instrumentals was very good, actually. Shame they never did anything with it.

I was able to track down the other instrumental too, just now on Google!  I don't know if I am allowed to link it here so I will refrain at first just because of the takedowns but it is a singer called Gord Prior and titled his version of that song "Mutha Fucka" on his own official artist page so it is easy to google if anyone was curious like me on remembering these two insturmentals

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

No, this was recorded like 10 years ago.

Ah ok. Nevermind then! Thanks for clarifying!

13 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I was able to track down the other instrumental too, just now on Google!  I don't know if I am allowed to link it here so I will refrain at first just because of the takedowns but it is a singer called Gord Prior and titled his version of that song "Mutha Fucka" on his own official artist page so it is easy to google if anyone was curious like me on remembering these two insturmentals

Thanks! Yeah that’s what I was looking for. I really like that riff a lot. I hope they can find a way to move it over to GnR!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Wait what are these tracks? I wasn't able to find them.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is so off topic, but I cannot read "OK nevermind" without hearing Axl say it at RIR. Even when someone says the word combo in every day life, I hear him say it right after them lol. 

Same here brother, every single day anyone ever says that

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Wait what are these tracks? I wasn't able to find them.

They are two instrumental tracks that Velvet Revolver used like around 2009ish, to audition vocalists.  Vocalists would on their own, download the tracks and write and record vocals for to send to VR for the initial audition screening I believe. 

One of the instrumentals was this song that Matt is using for Cherrie's album, that had the Space Hog guy demo on apparently before her.  And the other is a track that I couldn't find the actual instrumental-only of, but I found a version of it with a vocalists audition-vocals on it, on their website