Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Should they not have admitted anyone that caught Covid-19 during your last concert? Dude is such a clown. The Beach is probably one of the safest places to be. 

First bit....yeah you've got a point! 

Second bit.....a crowded beach in virus pandemic?! Ummmmm.......not the first place that springs to mind as 'safe'! 

• Like 3

I don't see the point of what he's trying to imply here. Obviously people should use common sense and avoid crowded public places but the notion that people receive healthcare based on how 'good' they are is slippery slope IMO. It's the same argument that's trotted about about people who are overweight, smoke, drink too much etc...

I also agree it's a tad hypocritical considering the 50,000 at the Mexico concert.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I don't see the point of what he's trying to imply here. Obviously people should use common sense and avoid crowded public places but the notion that people receive healthcare based on how 'good' they are is slippery slope IMO. It's the same argument that's trotted about about people who are overweight, smoke, drink too much etc...

I also agree it's a tad hypocritical considering the 50,000 at the Mexico concert.

I think essentially he's just pointing out the lunacy of the situation using a bit of sarcasm. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I mean to be fair to Axl it is hard to see the bunches of those "open up now" idiots standing side by side next to each other here in California protesting, all crowded up at Huntington Beach next to one another without masks - and not get pissed off at the sheer stupidity of such actions

The situation you guys have got over there with the "open up now" thing absolutely baffles me. It's like us (UK) and you lot are in a competition to see who can create the most infections......we're doing our bit through government incompetence, dreadful policies and lack of public funding, but fortunately haven't had to suffer those sorts of idiots. Yet. We always seem to like to chase the USA in everything so I'm sure we'll get there too! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think essentially he's just pointing out the lunacy of the situation using a bit of sarcasm. 

Probably. I get that it's frustrating when people don't behave as others think they should but healthcare for the deserving is an underlying sentiment that a lot of people harbour and I find it a bit uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Safe to congregate on the beach?  Of course it isnt,  pertinent  point from Axl... (I dont think he is advocating healthcare for the deserving only but using sarcasm for effect)

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The situation you guys have got over there with the "open up now" thing absolutely baffles me. It's like us (UK) and you lot are in a competition to see who can create the most infections......we're doing our bit through government incompetence, dreadful policies and lack of public funding, but fortunately haven't had to suffer those sorts of idiots. Yet. We always seem to like to chase the USA in everything so I'm sure we'll get there too! 

From my perspective it is a combination of getting stir-crazy being stuck at home, mixed with loud outspoken dumb conspiracy-laden theories blasting the "Clinton media" (see the post last page for a great example lol), and said dummies being able to connect with each other online to coordinate equally as dumb protests that are based on feelings and not facts - and there ya go welcome to our beaches, hope you enjoy :lol:

Not to turn the Official GNR thread into the COVID-19 thread, but even if I personally would word things differently I certainly relate to Axl's frustration that inspired that Tweet

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

Probably. I get that it's frustrating when people don't behave as others think they should but healthcare for the deserving is an underlying sentiment that a lot of people harbour and I find it a bit uncomfortable.

Yeah, I get you. I really don't think that was the point he was trying to make though. I think it was more like "yeah, you go and do something stupid, then have to be taken care of'. 

A bit like when our cretin of a Prime Minister made a point of saying how he was proudly still shaking everyone's hands and had no worries......then ended up in intensive care. Being taken care of by nurses who he recently stopped getting a small pay rise, and a healthcare system he cut funding for. Sarcastic irony I think. 

• Like 3

Just now, WhazUp said:

From my perspective it is a combination of getting stir-crazy being stuck at home, mixed with loud outspoken dumb conspiracy-laden theories blasting the "Clinton media" (see the post last page for a great example lol), and said dummies being able to connect with each other online to coordinate equally as dumb protests that are based on feelings and not facts - and there ya go welcome to our beaches, hope you enjoy :lol:

...weirdly though that guy making the 'clinton media' post was from the UK! 

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure we'll get the same here.....when the village-idiots here stop burning phone masts for spreading the virus and move away from it all being a 'jewish conspiracy'! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I thought about this, too. But, on the other hand it could be argued that it's not the same, since in the case of a dangerous infectious disease the people who overcrowd beaches don't act irresponsibly only to themselves but to others, as opposed to heavy drinkers etc.

Of course I don't agree that if these people end up getting sick won't "deserve" healthcare, but I don't think Axl was being literal here.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I don't really follow US news closely. Why are people on the beach? Is it protest based or is it people who don't have a lot of access to outdoor space due to living conditions because the two are quite different.

There's been demostrations in  many cities around the U.S against stay at home orders. People want everything open not just the beach. They want things back to normal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

VAt4Yw7.jpg

Yeah, good conspiracy thoughts! Because of course the Clintons and the rest of the ruling class of a capitalist economy would want the economy shut down. And if someone doesn't understand why the rulers want to loose out on a bunch of cash, while in many cases also donating money and in-kind services to various relief efforts, then they're obviously just too woke from watching the television. 

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::jerkoff::jerkoff::lol::lol::axl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think Axl's point was more about the sheriffs:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/495742-more-than-500-protesters-gather-on-beach-to-protest-californias-stay-at

Like, if they, as public servants, can opt not to do everything they can to protect society, which is supposed to be their job, what would it be like if other public servants, like the hospital personnel, opted simirarly.

Since when did Axl love the Po-Po? :lol:

I don't think it's easy in countries that pride themselves to some extent on their civil liberties. We had similar issues here in the UK with what is and isn't in the jurisdiction of the police to the point where the Home Secretary stepped in. I don't think it's a black and white issue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I doubt it.. Last time they did this, it was pretty boring. They repeated the same Guns tunes and played the most overplayed songs from other bands. The should have thrown in some old school live stuff and more of the original members solo stuff to make it more interesting.  

Yep just like metallica have been doing on their live streaming mondays.