Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

19 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Axl hasn't put out music in over 10 years.  I thought being an artist meant creating and releasing music.  I'm a fan of Axl's music but hearing him go on Twitter to shame people for wanting to go on beaches when it's ok to play to a crowd of 50,000 in Mexico after this was a known pandemic is just hypocritical and cringe worthy to read.

Apparently you haven’t heard of “Rock the Rock” 😉

• Haha 2

I'm afraid the borders of Lisbon, Poland, are closed... forever. 

Aka TB: Expect nothing - receive nothing. Expect something - receive nothing. :rofl-lol:

Sorry, can't help myself. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

I'm afraid the borders of Lisbon, Poland, are closed... forever. 

Aka TB: Expect nothing - receive nothing. Expect something - receive nothing. :rofl-lol:

Sorry, can't help myself. 

Someone (probably more than one person) got paid to put this piece of shit together. It really makes me angry, incompetence like this.

People are struggling for work, while others will be getting paid handsomely to do this....and they can't even get the damn countries right. 

Different people have made this, approved it, and put it up. Not one of them looked at it and thought 'hold on.....'. It really is shameful. 

• Like 1

Haha my guess is whomever manages the GN'R social media had that promo set to be released when it did, before things got crazy and forgot to cancel it. Who knows.

That's how I release most YouTube videos, upload large clusters of videos with set release dates and times. Easy to overlook if they upload a long time before the release it set.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Haha my guess is whomever manages the GN'R social media had that promo set to be released when it did, before things got crazy and forgot to cancel it. Who knows.

That's how I release most YouTube videos, upload large clusters of videos with set release dates and times. Easy to overlook if they upload a long time before the release it set.

Yep, it's got to be that. 

How can we rationalize the glaring geography error?! 

They have to act like everything is going to happen until countries ban mass gatherings, otherwise, insurance companies are going to go ham on them. 

Promoting a show is a bit stupid tho but they can't say "yeah, those won't happen. We're just waiting" 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

They have to act like everything is going to happen until countries ban mass gatherings, otherwise, insurance companies are going to go ham on them. 

Promoting a show is a bit stupid tho but they can't say "yeah, those won't happen. We're just waiting" 

They didn't have to do anything then. 

53 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Not sure if you've been keeping up with the news but every country HAS banned mass gatherings for quite some time...

• Like 3

On 5/3/2020 at 7:38 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Hypocritical seeing Rose pontificate on lockdown considering Guns N' Roses played an utterly ridiculous concert in Mexico whilst the world was basically entering lockdown without so much of a word of explanation. 

But it was the start of "the next chapter"!!!! A "totally new show"!!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2020 at 2:38 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Hypocritical seeing Rose pontificate on lockdown considering Guns N' Roses played an utterly ridiculous concert in Mexico whilst the world was basically entering lockdown without so much of a word of explanation. 

And they didn't even play Hard School on top of that, which is obviously the most tragic part of all of this

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Oh this is beyond parody! 

Advertising a tour that isn't happening, countries wrong....what the fuck?!

As a pole I have to tell you that Lisbon lies somewhere between Katowice and Częstochowa in central Poland 've been there a couple of times great place.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

So have they used my "Sorry folks, show's cancelled, the Surgeon general says it's hazardous to breathe!" line yet? 

Fernando if you're reading this, you know what to do

All I ask is a %37.5 cut 

I'm hoping for "Sorry folks, tours cancelled. The moose out front should've told you" 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Spuffy78 said:

Jesus this is the Osaka, Tokyo incident from 02 all over again. 

Remind me what that that was? 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm hoping for "Sorry folks, tours cancelled. The moose out front should've told you" 

I think you'll be lucky to even get "sorry folks tour's cancelled" at this rate!