Jump to content

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Yeah. I really find it rather hypocritical. But then again, it is Axl... his tweets are almost always passive aggressive to those against his beliefs.

Starting to wonder if it’s still really Axl himself posting the last few years or one of the other members Of his entourage posting under his name. 
 

yes Axl is human and free to express himself but everyone can see the usual hypocrisy. Is it worth alienating half the fan base?
 

 

Edited by Top-Hatted One
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

Unsurprising amount of absolute sheep. It's got nothing to do with "conspiracy theory" (a meaningless term coined by the CIA to discredit anyone questioning the official JFK narrative). The truth can be found in mainstream outlets including broadsheets like the BBC, The Times of London, the WaPo and NYT. There are serious, tenured journalists like Peter Hitchens who have been questioning policy from the start. It's not about "alternative news" it's about which information is pushed to form the main narrative that sheep like the people in this thread swallow without rubbing more than two brain cells together. Instead of accepting what you're spoon fed do some research on the absolute bullshit Covid19 death figures; the YT/FB/Twitter "fact checking" censorship of doctors questioning the narrative; the empty hospitals with staff dancing on thousands of TikTok videos; the tens of children and babies reported as factually having died of Covid19 only for their families to have to report the truth without retraction from the media; the bullshit modelling death numbers going from multi-millions to hundreds of thousands to tens of thousands; journalists and people in general being shouted down for asking the most basic, obvious question I imagine hasn't even occurred to many sheep on here: "OF OR WITH?;" the NHS staff forbidden from speaking out publicly about anything to do with Covid19; the number of seasonal flu, cancer, heart attack, stroke, pneumonia deaths etc which have mysteriously plummeted magically inline with the increase of supposed Covid19 deaths; the vanishing of the whistleblower from the Wuhan hospital; the Wuhan Millitary Games; the bizarre 2012 Olympics opening ceremony; Bill gates' little pandemic run through late last year; Fauci and Gates' accurate predictions about an imminent pandemic; the absolute failure and corruption at the WHO and its business ties with Gates, Fauci and their mandated medicine cabal; Catholic Bishops in Ethiopia being censored when coming forwards about women and children in Ethiopia being paralysed and infertilised by Gates' vaccines; Gates being the WHO's biggest donor; the new NHS Nightingale being virtually empty; the entire mainstream narrative for moving forwards being around vaccines and complete social media censorship of any doctors talking about hydroxyxhloroquine, Vitamin C and D and just general immune health; WHO Head Tedros being a corrupt member of an Ethipopian Communist militant group accused of war crimes; Gates demanding worldwide indemnity for any harm his coming vaccines may cause; Susan Wacuntski, Jack and Zuckerberg completely in bed with Big Pharma and immediately agreeing with calls from the corrupt WHO and people like Axl's pal Shithead Schiff for censorship of anyone who goes against their narrative; and I can't even be arsed to get started on the encroaching police state bullshit. 

Bunch of ignorant, unthinking, normie, clueless frogs sat in hot water. 

It's also cute how often when people disagree with something I say they go for the profile picture. It's about 8 years old and one of about ten selfies i've ever taken in my life. I couldn't give a shit about my stupid profile picture. 

If you resort to that you're probably the kind of person who accuses those you disagree with of being variously racist, homophobic, bigoted, transphobic, Hitler etc. 

I myself have been critical of the World Health Organization/Tedros, and agree with certain other aspects of your post, but reading/citing Peter Hitchens? Hitchenscame on GMB with some dodgy figures relating to influenza and was eviscerated. And I didn't like his brother either, but then nor did he. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Susan was asked by @Gambit83 about the show in Mexico. I have to admit her answer was a bit awkward. She said it was in the beginning of the pandemic and that it wasn't spread yet, that some people in Mexico (I guess at the hotels) were reserved towards the band and crew because they thought they could bring the virus from the U.S. to Mexico, but the band themselves took all the necessary precautions (social distancing etc.) while travelling and staying there, and upon their return they all went straight to quarantine.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

^THIS

and btw, here's what the festival organizer said about it.

at the last paragraph you can clearly read, that the decision of a cancellation was not up to GnR

20200503_120743.jpg.5e10c4a4a5f23e8aefdccfbbf191a407.jpg

Edited by EricA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes exactly. Gnr camp were clearly not up to speed on current events. Maybe they were all too caught up in rehearsals and dealing with the business & logistical aspects of the tour to fully grasp what was happening. 
 

I think they are just getting around to understanding it.
 

Still Susan compared gnr getting thru this Pandemic and resuming the tour to gnr courageously touring in the midst of the gulf war and Ebola/zika.

 

I think we all underestimated Covid-19 in the beginning but make no mistake. We were all home in lockdown when gnr boarded that plane to play in front of A sea of 60k enthusiastic singing screaming Mexican fans standing shoulder to shoulder.

Hopefully the virus had not really reached Mexico City yet 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I never wrote that. Not sure what your point is by dragging in his economy. The sense in sheriffs enforcing social distancing rules on the beaches of California remains the same regardless of the wealth of whoever made the point. But I probably misunderstood you :)

I do not know how my response made it look like I was quoting you. I tried to edit something and i didn’t notice it came out like that.  My bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think his point is that health care personnel shouldn't treat patients who went to the beach - it's a rhetoric technique to should how absurd it is for sheriffs to not enforce social distancing rules by saying, "Well if the sheriffs can choose not to protect others, why can't doctors do the same to morons who got themselves infected by refusing to social distance?"

And do I agree with Axl on this? Yeah, of course. 

Maybe I did miss his point. 

I think your analysis of the rhetoric technique is probably what he was doing and he was not advocating to actually turn people away. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, suckerpunched03 said:

Maybe I did miss his point. 

I think your analysis of the rhetoric technique is probably what he was doing and he was not advocating to actually turn people away. 

I hope not! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I myself have been critical of the World Health Organization/Tedros, and agree with certain other aspects of your post, but reading/citing Peter Hitchens? Hitchenscame on GMB with some dodgy figures relating to influenza and was eviscerated. And I didn't like his brother either, but then nor did he. 

I loved Christopher despite disagreeing fundamentally with him on many things including Israel, religion, God, Neo-Con policy in the Bush 2 years. I disagree with Peter on many things too, including religion and God but for very different reasons. They're two of the most valuable political and social commentators of the last 40 years whether you agree with and like them or not. I don't see what anything that happens on GMB has to do with anything. I quite like Piers Morgan in certain contexts. He's great as a blunt instrument for malleting over the head of some daft SJW or feminist for a "destroyed" video on YT. But GMB is hardly the place for nuanced, back and forth debate, particularly a month plus ago when everything was a complete mess. We know far more now and Hitchens has been proven right and is no longer one of few voices but one of increasingly many criticising policy and reporting on all aspects of Coronabollocks.  I've watched and listened to most of his lengthy tv and radio interviews since then, not to mention the thousands of tweets where he's constantly sharing and talking about and asking for help with understanding countless bits of data etc coming from many countries. I didn't watch the GMB interview and don't care if he got owned or destroyed at the time if he was even allowed to speak for more than a 45 seconds before being shouted down. Virtually nobody else of any serious standing was even daring to ask questions at the time. Now the fucking WHO and Susan Cuntface YT CEO are banning and "fact checking" and censoring absolutely anybody who goes against the bullshit narrative. 

 

And Axl go suck Bon Jovi's dick. 

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

I loved Christopher despite disagreeing fundamentally with him on many things including Israel, religion, God, Neo-Con policy in the Bush 2 years. I disagree with Peter on many things too, including religion and God but for very different reasons. They're two of the most valuable political and social commentators of the last 40 years whether you agree with and like them or not. I don't see what anything that happens on GMB has to do with anything. I quite like Piers Morgan in certain contexts. He's great as a blunt instrument for malleting over the head of some daft SJW or feminist for a "destroyed" video on YT. But GMB is hardly the place for nuanced, back and forth debate, particularly a month plus ago when everything was a complete mess. We know far more now and Hitchens has been proven right and is no longer one of few voices but one of increasingly many criticising policy and reporting on all aspects of Coronabollocks.  I've watched and listened to most of his lengthy tv and radio interviews since then, not to mention the thousands of tweets where he's constantly sharing and talking about and asking for help with understanding countless bits of data etc coming from many countries. I didn't watch the GMB interview and don't care if he got owned or destroyed at the time if he was even allowed to speak for more than a 45 seconds before being shouted down. Virtually nobody else of any serious standing was even daring to ask questions at the time. Now the fucking WHO and Susan Cuntface YT CEO are banning and "fact checking" and censoring absolutely anybody who goes against the bullshit narrative. 

 

And Axl go suck Bon Jovi's dick. 

Piers Morgan?! 

Yeah, you've lost it! 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Unsurprising amount of absolute sheep. It's got nothing to do with "conspiracy theory" (a meaningless term coined by the CIA to discredit anyone questioning the official JFK narrative). The truth can be found in mainstream outlets including broadsheets like the BBC, The Times of London, the WaPo and NYT. There are serious, tenured journalists like Peter Hitchens who have been questioning policy from the start. It's not about "alternative news" it's about which information is pushed to form the main narrative that sheep like the people in this thread swallow without rubbing more than two brain cells together. Instead of accepting what you're spoon fed do some research on the absolute bullshit Covid19 death figures; the YT/FB/Twitter "fact checking" censorship of doctors questioning the narrative; the empty hospitals with staff dancing on thousands of TikTok videos; the tens of children and babies reported as factually having died of Covid19 only for their families to have to report the truth without retraction from the media; the bullshit modelling death numbers going from multi-millions to hundreds of thousands to tens of thousands; journalists and people in general being shouted down for asking the most basic, obvious question I imagine hasn't even occurred to many sheep on here: "OF OR WITH?;" the NHS staff forbidden from speaking out publicly about anything to do with Covid19; the number of seasonal flu, cancer, heart attack, stroke, pneumonia deaths etc which have mysteriously plummeted magically inline with the increase of supposed Covid19 deaths; the vanishing of the whistleblower from the Wuhan hospital; the Wuhan Millitary Games; the bizarre 2012 Olympics opening ceremony; Bill gates' little pandemic run through late last year; Fauci and Gates' accurate predictions about an imminent pandemic; the absolute failure and corruption at the WHO and its business ties with Gates, Fauci and their mandated medicine cabal; Catholic Bishops in Ethiopia being censored when coming forwards about women and children in Ethiopia being paralysed and infertilised by Gates' vaccines; Gates being the WHO's biggest donor; the new NHS Nightingale being virtually empty; the entire mainstream narrative for moving forwards being around vaccines and complete social media censorship of any doctors talking about hydroxyxhloroquine, Vitamin C and D and just general immune health; WHO Head Tedros being a corrupt member of an Ethipopian Communist militant group accused of war crimes; Gates demanding worldwide indemnity for any harm his coming vaccines may cause; Susan Wacuntski, Jack and Zuckerberg completely in bed with Big Pharma and immediately agreeing with calls from the corrupt WHO and people like Axl's pal Shithead Schiff for censorship of anyone who goes against their narrative; and I can't even be arsed to get started on the encroaching police state bullshit. 

Bunch of ignorant, unthinking, normie, clueless frogs sat in hot water. 

It's also cute how often when people disagree with something I say they go for the profile picture. It's about 8 years old and one of about ten selfies i've ever taken in my life. I couldn't give a shit about my stupid profile picture. 

If you resort to that you're probably the kind of person who accuses those you disagree with of being variously racist, homophobic, bigoted, transphobic, Hitler etc. 

Wow. This is pure fantasy land lunacy. The bit about the empty hospitals gave me a laugh though! 

Say hi to David Icke from me! 

You ok?! Might be time to move away from the computer. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Wow. This is pure fantasy land lunacy. The bit about the empty hospitals gave me a laugh though! 

Say hi to David Icke from me! 

You ok?! Might be time to move away from the computer. 

Attention seeking is exactly what this seems to be about. Why else would someone tweet at Axl, then go through the trouble of taking a screen shot and posting it here? It's an obvious plea for attention. 

So let's get this thread back on track. If @Jordan Rose or anyone else want to continue discussing the virus and/or conspiracy theories, please take it to the correct thread:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/223266-covid-19-outbreak/?page=165&tab=comments#comment-4797741

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

I, like Axl, live in California..probably about 35 minutes from where he is and I absolutely agree with the point he’s making and actually care more about this than the current lineup of GNR. Our state and local areas shut down early which has made a significant impact. Now we have a bunch of idiots not very far away protesting to go back out and going to beaches etc. Its fucking ridiculous and a slap in the face to everyone who is still staying at home.

So, maybe it’s you who needs to get off your fucking internet soapbox and realize that musicians and other entertainers have the same level of citizenship we do. In reality, it’s the opinion of whiney fanboys and girls like you that no one truly fucking cares about.

Ok tough guy calm down.  I've seen a lot of protesting over the years about a lot of issues.  If people want to protest stay at home orders I'm all for it.  Sorry if that upsets you.  Btw, I know nobody cares about my opinion and that's fine with me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What Axl has said is the same thing as Jon Bon Jovi and Springsteen have said to us New Jerseyans. We got hit hard with this virus. Yet, some idiots are protesting about this shutdown. They don't realize that if we don't get it right, there will be consequences. Furthermore, people don't realize how lucky they are. Majority of people can put gloves on. If you are like me with a physical disability that involves your hands, you are kinda screwed with this virus. I can't wear gloves nor mittens. I have to figure something out this month since most likely I'll be going back to the office in NYC next month. It's just somethings to consider. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Ok tough guy calm down.  I've seen a lot of protesting over the years about a lot of issues.  If people want to protest stay at home orders I'm all for it.  Sorry if that upsets you.  Btw, I know nobody cares about my opinion and that's fine with me.

Sure people can protest what they will but being a supposed fan of music and art and then saying artists should shut up and only talk about music is beyond ignorant. It's literally contrary to what being an artist is about.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Axl hasn't put out music in over 10 years.  I thought being an artist meant creating and releasing music.  I'm a fan of Axl's music but hearing him go on Twitter to shame people for wanting to go on beaches when it's ok to play to a crowd of 50,000 in Mexico after this was a known pandemic is just hypocritical and cringe worthy to read.

I agree that the show in Mexico should've never happened. And those people shouldn't go to the beach either. Now you or anyone here can ask Axl on twitter why he didn't cancel that show in Mexico and why there is no official statement about their plans yet.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...