Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Anyone who hasn't yet listened to Billie Eilish's "When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go" is missing out in my opinion, it's a pretty unique sound and my most listened to album this year :)

• Like 3
  • Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, baje said:

Her career is literally just getting started. So only time will tell. I think it's a bit unfair to say who will or won't be played in a couple decades based on your apparent bias. 

I know your not talking literally when you say her career is just getting started, but it's crazy to think she's been in the industry almost 5 years now. Some of her EPs from back when shes was like 15/16 and even younger amazing. So many good songs for someone so young.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, registra said:

I know your not talking literally when you say her career is just getting started, but it's crazy to think she's been in the industry almost 5 years now. Some of her EPs from back when shes was like 15/16 and even younger amazing. So many good songs for someone so young.

Yeah. She's 18 so it's hard to believe what she's been able to accomplish already. Her album was one of my most listened to last year and all of her EPs are great. "Lovely" is just beautiful. 

6 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

"New music bad"

“Keyboard Warrior funny”

I actually don’t disagree with all you Billie lovers. I think she has an amazing voice and is immensely talented. But last year she played here in Brisbane to 10 000 people, and GnR played here a couple of years ago to 50 000. So when she is doing those numbers in the year 2050 , I will say she has had an incredible and sustained career. 

But yes, she leaves Guns N Roses for dead when it comes to actually being an active and relevant artist.

2 hours ago, Italian girl said:

"official billie eilish social media / discussion" thread :facepalm:

She releases music at least which makes her automatically better than Guns N' Roses these days. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Social media stats are absolutely irrelevant really to how a music career will play out. You have all the bots, fake accounts, manipulation (musicians deliberately creating likes for themselves) for starters. Then of course the fact that there's a big difference between someone sitting on their arse idly 'liking' something because their pals have and actually going out to see a musician or spend any money on them. 

I thought the story of Threatin would be enough to highlight what bullshit basing anything on social media presence is. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It's always a hard thing for the mods to deal with. GN'Rs social media is generally so bad that there's very little to actually discuss. To be honest, the discussion over the past couple of pages is the most interesting thing to happen on this thread in a very long time :/

Nothing gets this thread hopping more than talking about something else!

• Haha 2

Wow. Yet again they've amazed me.

So.....the money just sits in their account until they decide what they want to do? Astonishing. 

No other band has done this- just let dates sail past without being rescheduled have they? Correct me if I'm wrong here....

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Wow. Yet again they've amazed me.

So.....the money just sits in their account until they decide what they want to do? Astonishing. 

No other band has done this- just let dates sail past without being rescheduled have they? Correct me if I'm wrong here....

The money is not in their account. It’s in the promoters/ticketing account 

Having to postpone/cancel/reschedule every major concert globally and provide refunds is a logistical nightmare where if done improperly, prob bankrupts a company 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Having to postpone/cancel/reschedule every major concert globally and provide refunds is a logistical nightmare where if done improperly, prob bankrupts a company 

Well then the promoters/ticketing account should pull their fucking fingers out. They seem to have managed to do it for every other band on their books. 

Again....has ANY other band sat back and let the gig dates pass with a vague "we'll get back to you" about maybe rescheduling? 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Be strong, GNRfamTM, we're all in this together :facepalm:

All the shows I'd go this year were postponed but this has to be the dumbest and most cryptic official statement I've read so far.

I invite you all to read the official Iron Maiden statement on social media, the difference is astonishing

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
11 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I invite you all to read the official Iron Maiden statement on social media, the difference is astonishing

Very well done by Maiden; extraordinary, considering who knows what the world will look like next year (virus Phase II, etc)

FWIW; We were just notified on Saturday that the Robert Plant show we were supposed to see on May 19th in Portchester NY was cancelled.

38 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

As far as I know this hasn't happened, has it?

And weren't you the one harping on about how they should put out a statement? Well now they have.

40 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

They don't have the money.

34 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

This is the key thing to consider.

47 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

What a lame statement. First: the "things are changing daily" part doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the statement. Second: the tour is not happening not because you want to keep fans and crew safe, but because events are not allowed. 

It took them weeks to come up with that? And nobody still knows if they get their money back. Fuck you, @Fernando

Probably insurance-based wording. Whether or not a pandemic qualifies as a force majeur is up for debate. Government-imposed cancelations are less of a grey area. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

As far as I know this hasn't happened, has it?

And weren't you the one harping on about how they should put out a statement? Well now they have.

They don't have the money.

This is the key thing to consider.

Well, it's due to happen in 9 days. So lets see in 9 days if we get the rescheduled dates shall we? I know which side I'd lean towards.....

They've put out a statement they should have weeks ago, which tells nobody anything they didn't know. Forgive us if we aren't all bowled over by it. Might have guessed you'd 'pop up' to defend it though.  

I couldn't give a flying fuck who has the money - all these promoters and ticket agencies seem to have managed to come up with rescheduled dates and refund options for other bands.