Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

8 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Slash couldnt even dream of playing technically as Buckethead or even Bumblefoot...

He doesnt need to though...he acomplished much more than those with a few guitar tricks and thats what makes him special. His music has always been driven by melody mainly...

Of couse he can play some scales fast enough but speed never has been his trademark or his strength

I totally agree with your first two points and disagree with your last one. I think it's the combination what makes Slash Slash and that includes his speed as much as his sense for melodies, his roots in blues based r'n'r and his rawness.

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

That's the point. He tries to compete with styles very different from his natural style, which was way cooler and unique. Or he just lost "it" along the way.

Ok, we simply disagree because I really don't think he has changed his style that much.

As long as I'm still in awe when watching him play it's ok I think. 

But I feel sorry for you, dudes. It must be frustrating watching your favourite band leaded by a singer who lost his voice, by a guitarist who changed his style in a bad way and by a bass player who disowns his own past and pretends to be punk as fuck. 

Glad I'm not that sensitive in this regard.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I was so disappointed with how he played TIL. I would love to have seen him actually put some effort into that solo. There was that one show in 2016, Atlanta, I think, where he played it beautifully but other than that...

He was killer on TiL at the start of the reunion. It was a stand out more moment at the 3 2016 shows I saw. After that, he mainly noodled on it from 2017 onwards

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

But I feel sorry for you, dudes. It must be frustrating watching your favourite band leaded by a singer who lost his voice, by a guitarist who changed his style in a bad way and by a bass player who disowns his own past and pretends to be punk as fuck. 

Glad I'm not that sensitive in this regard.

Oh noo, Im getting into detail in this conversations hahaah

I absolutely loved the shows I attended, while being there, Axl and Slash sounded great...Im a fan, and always will be and Im extra happy to still watch these guys.

That said, I allow myself to analyse the video footage and thats where thing dont work that much for me.

3 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Oh noo, Im getting into detail in this conversations hahaah

I absolutely loved the shows I attended, while being there, Axl and Slash sounded great...Im a fan, and always will be and Im extra happy to still watch these guys.

That said, I allow myself to analyse the video footage and thats where thing dont work that much for me.

Easy man, no offense. I should have use a smiley but I thought it was obvious that I wasn't serious.

7 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Easy man, no offense. I should have use a smiley but I thought it was obvious that I wasn't serious.

Hahaaha I got it!!! Sometimes written words sound way more serious that what itended. 
We’re all fans here, I know you werent attacking me!!! Its nice exchanging some opinions while we wait for something new hahaah 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Ehh I still would take anything GNR currently and 2019 then this.

He can't even play the guitar along with singing it. They should just let Phil X sing the whole set, hes got an amazing voice (and can hit all the high notes).