Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

11 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Ehh I still would take anything GNR currently and 2019 then this.

At least he sounds like a weak version of himself...the problem with Axl is that he sounds nothing like his vintage self for the exception of those songs where he pushes himself a little more...

If someone didnt listen GnR since 1993 and you played the audio of any of the weak songs they would NEVER think thats Axl singing.

By the contrary, Bon Jovi sounds like a torn apart version of himself, the voice tone is the same.

12 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

At least he sounds like a weak version of himself...the problem with Axl is that he sounds nothing like his vintage self for the exception of those songs where he pushes himself a little more...

If someone didnt listen GnR since 1993 and you played the audio of any of the weak songs they would NEVER think thats Axl singing.

By the contrary, Bon Jovi sounds like a torn apart version of himself, the voice tone is the same.

Ehhh not really.

Axl in 93 sounded like he shredded his vocal chords.

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Ehhh not really.

Axl in 93 sounded like he shredded his vocal chords.

He may sounded a little higher but listen to Argentina 93 or any other concert from that era...its unmistakable that its still Axl (for me he killed it during that era).

Now for the most part he doesnt sound like Axl and thats the main problem.

Hell even Steven said he didnt sound like Axl on many parts of the Chinese CD and we all get why he said it...I know Steven speaks faster than what he thinks but he’s got a point on that.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:32 AM, Alejandro GNR said:

Slash couldnt even dream of playing technically as Buckethead or even Bumblefoot...

He doesnt need to though...he acomplished much more than those with a few guitar tricks and thats what makes him special. His music has always been driven by melody mainly...

Of couse he can play some scales fast enough but speed never has been his trademark or his strength

This. How many iconic, arguably best ever in the genre of rock, songs and riffs in songs, have Buckethead or Ron come up with. Zero. They are both amazing but that's a fact.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

This. How many iconic, arguably best ever in the genre of rock, songs and riffs in songs, have Buckethead or Ron come up with. Zero. They are both amazing but that's a fact.

Yes, I'm not familiar with Bumblefoot's material...I can say that Buckethead blows me away with his songs...he is just from another planet, and the diversity of his material is also great. 

I´ve always wondered what he would have achieved with Axl if both were A LITTLE BIT more normal hahahahahahah. Besides, I wpuld love to know what BH songs Axl liked in order to make him join the band

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

I guess you can't have it all once father time decides... unless you're Mick Jagger or Steven Tyler of course!

I believe at some point Axl lost his fire or lacked confidence in his material. I think he just wanted to end Guns with reminding the world what the band was. He didn’t want the legacy of his life to be NuGuns. 

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I believe at some point Axl lost his fire or lacked confidence in his material. I think he just wanted to end Guns with reminding the world what the band was. He didn’t want the legacy of his life to be NuGuns. 

GNR with Axl since 1997(?) to 2015(?) with 1 album only (w/o Live Era and GH of course) was his time tryin to make the shit happens.... and didnt happen. 

On 28. 6. 2020 at 8:49 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Throw in the money grab and I think this is a pretty fair assessment. He wanted to save face with the masses or so it would seem. At the expense of the diehards. Considering how things turned out I wish Axl never kept the name even if that means no Chinese Democracy. I love Chinese, but I love the band more. I was such a huge supporter when he resurfaced in 2001, I believed so much. And then he turned GN'R into a punch line. :cry:

Edited by Sisyphus