Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

On 6/7/2020 at 4:51 PM, StayofExecution2020 said:

You do realize it's not just about Floyd but that his death represents the systematic racism black people are going through in the states? His death was the tip of the iceberg that made people say: enough is enough. And even if he wasn't a perfect person - what gives you the right as a white person to talk down the movement? Maybe it's just the fact you're not so fond of black people in general? It's obvious that that's the case.

you really should do a stint for accusing someone on here of outright racism with no basis for that accusation.

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, vloors said:

Someone's been recording 

Im just confused as to why the guitar isnt being held by demon skeleton chicks with their boobs out? Did Slash's account get hacked or something? :lol:

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Anyone know what model this one is and whether this is his main recording guitar?. I thought slash has a specific les paul he uses for recording?.

It's not the Derrig AFD guitar, it's one of his 1959 Les Paul models, not sure if it's an original or a reissue.

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Meanwhile back to normal in GNR land after a 2 and a half week break: 

Wow Dizzy shares a Birthday with Sir Paul.

I share one with Joe Walsh and Duane Allman

3 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

can't see the guitar pick !!!!! does anyone recognize . ?

Think its a Dunlop Tortex heavy. I use the same kind

13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Looks like his own studio though.

I believe he can do it just fine there. 

But I don't think he's recording anything. It's probably the same room he uses for practice or whatever.

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I believe he can do it just fine there. 

But I don't think he's recording anything. It's probably the same room he uses for practice or whatever.

Yeah, or he's working on his own stuff.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Wow Dizzy shares a Birthday with Sir Paul.

I share one with Joe Walsh and Duane Allman

Think its a Dunlop Tortex heavy. I use the same kind

I share mine with Duff lol

Regarding the band I honestly think there was a plan back in 2016, probably 2-year world tour followed by record.. but Axl happened. His demons and fears seem to hold him back, he regresses into laziness, loses his fitness, stops working on his voice, stops doing anything of meaningful progress. I reckon Sluff are just along for the ride at this point.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Remember Gilby doesn't usually post random GNR related stuff.

don't read too much into it, a gnr fan account posted the pic yesterday on insta, gilby liked it, and afterwards re-posted it, that's it.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Remember Gilby doesn't usually post random GNR related stuff.

Dizzy is 100% not getting back into GNR. 1. He brings no financial gain to the perception of the group 2. The band already have a guy in that role that, a lot fans like and Axl and Slash seem to be as high on him as ever. 

The only reasons Gilby gets back on stage with GNR are that he's playing a festival on the same day, or he's in the same town for whatever reason and said he'd check out the show... the only other option would be that GNR wanted to do a one off UYI "reunion" spot within one of their gigs with the current group.

I think Axl likes him, but I don't think he loves his playing vibe... I could be wrongs about that, but reading between the lines in what Axl has said over the years that was the impression I got. Axl seemed to just view him as a utility player, right or wrong!

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

the only other option would be that GNR wanted to do a one off UYI "reunion" spot within one of their gigs with the current group.

maybe for the lauch of the UYI boxset :)

• Like 1