Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I prefer Affleck over Di Caprio anytime.

We don't know how Axl sounds in the studio nowadays and we don't know what's left creativity wise. If he's able to deliver he's way above Myles in every single way, but that's a big IF.

SMKC on the other hand become better and better from record to record IMO, even when that's an unpopular opinion. I think Living The Dream was their strongest album to date, followed by WOF.

Affleck over Di Caprio??!?!?!?!

Just WOW 

9 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Hahaahah come on guys...

Myles sounds good on a couple of songs with SMKC and he sounds great for Alter Bridge...

But thinking F*€k Axl is only because of the wait, cause when that motherfcker sings, you know Myles singing will be buried deeeeeeep down....just another league.

Its like comparing Ben Affleck to Di Caprio...Axl being Di Caprio of course

Sure, let's see how he sounds at the next GnR show (whenever that is). And anyways, Myles and Axl are 2 different types of singers; you can't really compare them.

• Like 1

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ringo-starr-slash-morrison-hotel-gallery-festival-1040922/

Morrison Hotel Gallery will be putting on (De)Tour, a day-long virtual charity festival in association with MusiCares and NIVA.

Kevin Winter/Getty; EDUARDO VALENTE/AFP/Getty Images

Morrison Hotel Gallery and Rolling Live Studios will be hosting (De)Tour, a day-long virtual charity festival in association with MusiCares and NIVA, on Saturday, August 15th.

The lineup for the virtual event includes performances by Ringo Starr, Linda Perry, Slash, Gavin Rossdale, Macy Gray, Sean Lennon, Jesse Malin, Cheap Trick, Taylor Momsen, Badflower, John Oates, David Johansen, Billy Gibbons, Darryl McDaniels (a.k.a. DMC), Gilby Clarke, Donita Sparks, Matt Sorum, Lzzy Hale, Bluebonnets, Charlotte Muhl, David Ramirez, Al Barr, Eve Monsees, Scream, Haley Reinhart, Joseph Arthur, Kathy Valentine, Lenny Kaye, Mickey Thomas, Mike Flanigin, South of Eden, Steve Stevens, Sue Foley, the Cringe, Uni, Vintage Trouble, AWOLNATION, Mike Garson, Meg Toohey, Carmine Rojas and more.

Performances will be streamed on YouTube Live from artists’ homes as well as at iconic venues, including New York City’s Bowery Electric, West Hollywood’s Whisky a Go Go, the Roxy Theatre and the Viper Room. Spotify Global Head of Rock Allison Hagendorf will host the event, together with MTV/VH1 personality Matt Pinfield. A cadre of music photographers including Mick Rock, Bob Gruen, Henry Diltz, Danny Clinch and Lynn Goldsmith will also make appearances.

De(Tour) will be free to stream, with donations to MusiCares and NIVA encouraged for viewers.

Edited by EricA
  • Wow 1

On 8/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, Tourettes2400 said:
And then we have a beach house for sale for those looking during the pandemic

That's a pretty dinky little house for 1.5 mill! Jeez.

I wonder if it comes with some bass picks.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

It's not a serious suggestion it's just a wonder as to how he's doing.

I realise he likes to keep a low profile but it'd be cool to get an update.

im hoping hes using this time to change his physical shape.

8 hours ago, Ant said:

That's a pretty dinky little house for 1.5 mill! Jeez.

I wonder if it comes with some bass picks.

jokingly maybe autographed bass picks and an autographed book....maybe....

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

On 10.8.2020 at 7:28 PM, EricA said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ringo-starr-slash-morrison-hotel-gallery-festival-1040922/

Morrison Hotel Gallery will be putting on (De)Tour, a day-long virtual charity festival in association with MusiCares and NIVA.

Kevin Winter/Getty; EDUARDO VALENTE/AFP/Getty Images

Morrison Hotel Gallery and Rolling Live Studios will be hosting (De)Tour, a day-long virtual charity festival in association with MusiCares and NIVA, on Saturday, August 15th.

The lineup for the virtual event includes performances by Ringo Starr, Linda Perry, Slash, Gavin Rossdale, Macy Gray, Sean Lennon, Jesse Malin, Cheap Trick, Taylor Momsen, Badflower, John Oates, David Johansen, Billy Gibbons, Darryl McDaniels (a.k.a. DMC), Gilby Clarke, Donita Sparks, Matt Sorum, Lzzy Hale, Bluebonnets, Charlotte Muhl, David Ramirez, Al Barr, Eve Monsees, Scream, Haley Reinhart, Joseph Arthur, Kathy Valentine, Lenny Kaye, Mickey Thomas, Mike Flanigin, South of Eden, Steve Stevens, Sue Foley, the Cringe, Uni, Vintage Trouble, AWOLNATION, Mike Garson, Meg Toohey, Carmine Rojas and more.

Performances will be streamed on YouTube Live from artists’ homes as well as at iconic venues, including New York City’s Bowery Electric, West Hollywood’s Whisky a Go Go, the Roxy Theatre and the Viper Room. Spotify Global Head of Rock Allison Hagendorf will host the event, together with MTV/VH1 personality Matt Pinfield. A cadre of music photographers including Mick Rock, Bob Gruen, Henry Diltz, Danny Clinch and Lynn Goldsmith will also make appearances.

De(Tour) will be free to stream, with donations to MusiCares and NIVA encouraged for viewers.

What's with that, did it happen?

29 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

What's with that, did it happen?

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I watched some of the stream. Lzzy Hale was fantastic - she played a cover of Come Together with Slash and Matt and it sounded really good. 🤘

"detour come together" to rewatch on YT;)

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I watched some of the stream. Lzzy Hale was fantastic - she played a cover of Come Together with Slash and Matt and it sounded really good. 🤘

Wait, what? Matt shared a stage with bad bad Slash? What a surprise?

• Haha 1

I love how as soon as Slash appears, the Gilby window disappears and we dont see Gilby again until the very last note :lol:

Great to see Matt, Gilby and Slash collab :headbang:

Also, Gilby is standing in front of a wall of album plaques. You can see UYI 1&2. He didnt play on those. But his performances helped sell them. So, fair enough I guess. He was likely given them.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ratam said:

Sorry, to my Lizzy Hale was :( :thumbsdown:

I agree, I don't like her screaming and her guitar playing was entirely unnecessary when you've got Gilby also playing (half the time she was just holding the guitar anyway). Would've preferred someone else singing. 

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Wait, what? Matt shared a stage with bad bad Slash? What a surprise?

No, it was one of those collabs where everyone records their parts separately then the video is edited together. Slash only played the solo and some lead stuff at the end of the song.

• Like 3