Jump to content

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

4 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

No

It's not a serious suggestion it's just a wonder as to how he's doing.

I realise he likes to keep a low profile but it'd be cool to get an update.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, Tourettes2400 said:
And then we have a beach house for sale for those looking during the pandemic

 

That's a pretty dinky little house for 1.5 mill! Jeez.

I wonder if it comes with some bass picks.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

It's not a serious suggestion it's just a wonder as to how he's doing.

I realise he likes to keep a low profile but it'd be cool to get an update.

im hoping hes using this time to change his physical shape.

8 hours ago, Ant said:

That's a pretty dinky little house for 1.5 mill! Jeez.

I wonder if it comes with some bass picks.

jokingly maybe autographed bass picks and an autographed book....maybe....

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10.8.2020 at 7:28 PM, EricA said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ringo-starr-slash-morrison-hotel-gallery-festival-1040922/

Morrison Hotel Gallery will be putting on (De)Tour, a day-long virtual charity festival in association with MusiCares and NIVA.

Kevin Winter/Getty; EDUARDO VALENTE/AFP/Getty Images

Morrison Hotel Gallery and Rolling Live Studios will be hosting (De)Tour, a day-long virtual charity festival in association with MusiCares and NIVA, on Saturday, August 15th.

The lineup for the virtual event includes performances by Ringo Starr, Linda Perry, Slash, Gavin Rossdale, Macy Gray, Sean Lennon, Jesse Malin, Cheap Trick, Taylor Momsen, Badflower, John Oates, David Johansen, Billy Gibbons, Darryl McDaniels (a.k.a. DMC), Gilby Clarke, Donita Sparks, Matt Sorum, Lzzy Hale, Bluebonnets, Charlotte Muhl, David Ramirez, Al Barr, Eve Monsees, Scream, Haley Reinhart, Joseph Arthur, Kathy Valentine, Lenny Kaye, Mickey Thomas, Mike Flanigin, South of Eden, Steve Stevens, Sue Foley, the Cringe, Uni, Vintage Trouble, AWOLNATION, Mike Garson, Meg Toohey, Carmine Rojas and more.

Performances will be streamed on YouTube Live from artists’ homes as well as at iconic venues, including New York City’s Bowery Electric, West Hollywood’s Whisky a Go Go, the Roxy Theatre and the Viper Room. Spotify Global Head of Rock Allison Hagendorf will host the event, together with MTV/VH1 personality Matt Pinfield. A cadre of music photographers including Mick Rock, Bob Gruen, Henry Diltz, Danny Clinch and Lynn Goldsmith will also make appearances.

De(Tour) will be free to stream, with donations to MusiCares and NIVA encouraged for viewers.

What's with that, did it happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

What's with that, did it happen?

 

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I watched some of the stream. Lzzy Hale was fantastic - she played a cover of Come Together with Slash and Matt and it sounded really good. 🤘

 

"detour come together" to rewatch on YT;)

 

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I watched some of the stream. Lzzy Hale was fantastic - she played a cover of Come Together with Slash and Matt and it sounded really good. 🤘

Wait, what? Matt shared a stage with bad bad Slash? What a surprise?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how as soon as Slash appears, the Gilby window disappears and we dont see Gilby again until the very last note :lol:

Great to see Matt, Gilby and Slash collab :headbang:

Also, Gilby is standing in front of a wall of album plaques. You can see UYI 1&2. He didnt play on those. But his performances helped sell them. So, fair enough I guess. He was likely given them.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ratam said:

Sorry, to my Lizzy Hale was :( :thumbsdown:

I agree, I don't like her screaming and her guitar playing was entirely unnecessary when you've got Gilby also playing (half the time she was just holding the guitar anyway). Would've preferred someone else singing. 

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Wait, what? Matt shared a stage with bad bad Slash? What a surprise?

No, it was one of those collabs where everyone records their parts separately then the video is edited together. Slash only played the solo and some lead stuff at the end of the song.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree, I don't like her screaming and her guitar playing was entirely unnecessary when you've got Gilby also playing (half the time she was just holding the guitar anyway). Would've preferred someone else singing. 

No, it was one of those collabs where everyone records their parts separately then the video is edited together. Slash only played the solo and some lead stuff at the end of the song.

She screaming can to woke up an corpse :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree, I don't like her screaming and her guitar playing was entirely unnecessary when you've got Gilby also playing (half the time she was just holding the guitar anyway). Would've preferred someone else singing. 

No, it was one of those collabs where everyone records their parts separately then the video is edited together. Slash only played the solo and some lead stuff at the end of the song.

But there was still some kind of collaboration with a guy that you have seemingly nothing nice to tell about in your great rock n roll autobiography, right? 

I mean, I didn't read the book, but the comments I read here, spoke for themselves. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

But there was still some kind of collaboration with a guy that you have seemingly nothing nice to tell about in your great rock n roll autobiography, right? 

I mean, I didn't read the book, but the comments I read here, spoke for themselves. 

I mean that they weren't in the same room together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I mean that they weren't in the same room together.

Yeah, I get that. Regardless... it's nice to see Slash playing with a great drummer again. Lzzy was also nice to watch.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, soon said:

I love how as soon as Slash appears, the Gilby window disappears and we dont see Gilby again until the very last note :lol:

Great to see Matt, Gilby and Slash collab :headbang:

Also, Gilby is standing in front of a wall of album plaques. You can see UYI 1&2. He didnt play on those. But his performances helped sell them. So, fair enough I guess. He was likely given them.

Interesting I didn't even think of that. You can see TSI and Live Era up there too which he obviously did play on.

That was so much fun to watch. I got a thrill seeing Slash, Matt and Gilby playing together even if they weren't in the same room. It sure would have made the reunion more special if they were part of it.

On another note, I thought Linda Perry was Steven Tyler lol. I met Slash at a Camp Freddy show years ago when they were still putting "the Project" together.  They had performed with Linda Perry that night. I was all fucked up on boozed and ecstasy and remember telling him that they should hire her as the singer.  He kind of looked at me like it was a crazy idea. I still stand behind it, that woman has some fucking pipes.. Would definitely take her over Myles.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...