Hoping, Praying N’ Counting On
You Won’t
And Would Do Virtually ANYTHING
They Thought They Could Get Away With
To Stop You
VOTE

Edited by AxlSlashthebest

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Sounds like Slash. Here's the full song, sounds killer.

Sounds like Slash and his Contraband tone and style.

The song is a definitely direct descendant of Velvet Revolver, which isn't a good or bad thing. The singer doesn't sound very sure of his voice, drums and all other instruments were great! Singers good though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The song is a definitely direct descendant of Velvet Revolver, which isn't a good or bad thing. The singer doesn't sound very sure of his voice, drums and all other instruments were great! Singers good though. 

Singer just needs a little confidence but that will come in time. His only 20.

12 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Sounds like Slash. Here's the full song, sounds killer.

Cheers im digging it

3 minutes ago, vloors said:

Singer just needs a little confidence but that will come in time. His only 20.

Cheers im digging it

Yeah, trouble is that his first attempts are thrown under the spotlight because of the famous dads. I agree though, plenty of time and room to grow!

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah if I didn't already know who was on it I would think that was an unreleased VR song.

Which gives me an idea: what if they did a VR reunion tour but with that kid singing? I would go see that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah if I didn't already know who was on it I would think that was an unreleased VR song.

Which gives me an idea: what if they did a VR reunion tour but with that kid singing? I would go see that.

I mean it's not that far off how the Eagles managed after Frey died, they got his kid to come and sing and play. I don't know if it would be a tour, but I could definitely see some potential in one off performances... in a few years time!

great job. thought that was scott singing.

this is one if those things that reminds me of the supergroup era 15 years ago- but now it will be famous guys kids instead of guys from famous bands getting together.   

I'll bet these guys can definitely earn their way to being a great group based off the first song.  I thought it was really solid!

but this definitely makes me feel old.  I remember reading about Noah and Lindonnwhen they were born. geez times flies. 

Edited by Chester 524

2 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

great job. thought that was scott singing.

this is one if those things that reminds me of the supergroup era 15 years ago- but now it will be famous guys kids instead of guys from famous bands getting together.   

I'll bet these guys can definitely earn their way to being a great group based off the first song.  I thought it was really solid!

but this definitely makes me feel old.  I remember reading about Noah and Lindonnwhen they were born. geez times flies. 

For sure.  Junior sounds just like Scott.  Uncanny.

5 hours ago, vloors said:

Slash son, Scott Weilands Son and Robert Trujillo son are all in the band together. Also is that a slash solo in the single. Solo is killer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHRJ0apFQrp/?igshid=gu1b9fat96b4

Pretty sure it's London's friend Niko Tsangaris who's the lead guitarist. He's very talented. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

If that's Niko playing the solos then he can definitely nail Slash's style and sound.

Yeah, I checked the band's Instagram and they confirmed it's Niko. Apparently he also recorded and mixed the song as well. Not bad for a 17/18 year old kid. 

• GNFNR 1

You guys serious? Noah Weiland is tremendous! He’s channeling his fathers spirit. He not only sounds like Scott but he naturally & effortlessly inherited his vibe! It’s so surreal! 
At 20 he already runs circles around STP’s current singer Jeff Gutt. Need to hear more from these kids. They might’ve unlocked the future of rock n’ roll! 

Niko, London’s childhood friend is the guitar player but I’d be damned if that’s not Slash playing on this track.  Unless Niko’s sound has fully developed past those Joe Perry riffs.

edit: So it is Niko. Very impressive. These guys don’t need VR. They got something special brewing. They need to keep at it🤟

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 3

On 11/7/2020 at 1:52 PM, MaskingApathy said:

The rythym section sounds very VR, just has that vibe. Really like the guitar solo outro. I hope the band has alot of potential and an album/ep eventuates. 

I woukd really like slash to reform VR in some shape way or form. Even putting SMKC maybe on more of a hiatus.......

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

The rythym section sounds very VR, just has that vibe. Really like the guitar solo outro. I hope the band has alot of potential and an album/ep eventuates. 

I woukd really like slash to reform VR in some shape way or form. Even putting SMKC maybe on more of a hiatus.......

Now that the GnR reunion has happened I don't think VR will ever happen again, and he's implied in the past that he's kind of over it too. 

• Like 1

Slash and also Duff never talked too positively about the VR days, so I doubt that they would want it to reunite, but I think a one-off show maybe for the 20th Contraband anniversary with Scott's son on vocals would be cool

• Like 3