Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

11 hours ago, EricA said:

It's the simple fact, that TB are "using" their own kids to make money out of the GnR brand, the book has NOTHING to do with the band or their history, but it's promoted as IF the kids are part of it.

That's only my pov, as you say, to each their own.

Agree with everything you said. And if Fernando/team Brazil had any sort of talent they could release a children's book with no relation to gnr.

instead they are relying heavily on using the gnr brand and scom song to sell their book.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EricA said:

It's the simple fact, that TB are "using" their own kids to make money out of the GnR brand, the book has NOTHING to do with the band or their history, but it's promoted as IF the kids are part of it.

That's only my pov, as you say, to each their own.

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Agree with everything you said. And if Fernando/team Brazil had any sort of talent they could release a children's book with no relation to gnr.

instead they are relying heavily on using the gnr brand and scom song to sell their book.

You're correct, that's what makes it so irritating. Because if it wasn't tied to GnR no one would care or buy it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, architect1971 said:

I’m ok with a Children’s book...anybody here remember the GNR Rock a ByBaby album...i played it for both my little ones (still do as I have a two year old)..it’s actually really soothing. At least it’s better than your typical lullaby songs:)👍

Forgot about that. I had the Metallica one for my two kids when they were babies.

And here we are complaining that GnR have not put out many albums over the last few decades. They should really re-release the GnR Rock a ByBaby album with a Silkworms remix and of course the brand new music of Shadow of Your Love on it.  That would keep us happy until the Chinese Democracy follow-up is released...  :D

Edited by DownUnderScott
l

3 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Forgot about that. I had the Metallica one for my two kids when they were babies.

And here we are complaining that GnR have not put out many albums over the last few decades. They should really re-release the GnR Rock a ByBaby album with a Silkworms remix and of course the brand new music of Shadow of Your Love on it.  That would keep us happy until the Chinese Democracy follow-up is released...  :D

haha..great idea!👍👍

• Like 1

I just saw the book on Amazon. As far as I can tell it's nothing but the lyrics to the song coupled with some mediocre illustrations that apparently tell some kind of a story about a little girl and her dad(?)

I didn't think anybody would like the book because any GNR fan would hate it whereas any non-GNR fan wouldn't have any interest in it. Yet on Amazon it has some glowing reviews (if those are for real). "If you love Guns n' Roses then you'll love the book." :facepalm:

To me the idea of using this book to introduce a kid to your GNR fandom seems incredibly phony. This book has nothing to do with the GNR you were a fan of so you'd be lying to your kid. And why would you want to push GNR to a child in the first place?

• Like 3

On 12/13/2020 at 3:59 AM, vloors said:

Well Axl and co had to OK this, so it's not like they did this in the shadows and now it's released. I agree that without the association this book would not have been made though. I will say that GNR are not the first band to enter the realm of childrens books. Hey maybe some people here will actually buy it if they have kids, and worse yet! they might even like it. End of the day, who cares! I doubt there's much money out of this, this seems like a passion project!

My only issue is that this came out in a period where they couldn't give a shit to let ticket-holders know where they stood with refunds. That's the only negative, but I'm sure that had more to do with publishers than anything else!

• Like 1