Jump to content

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

You guys serious? Noah Weiland is tremendous! He’s channeling his fathers spirit. He not only sounds like Scott but he naturally & effortlessly inherited his vibe! It’s so surreal! 
At 20 he already runs circles around STP’s current singer Jeff Gutt. Need to hear more from these kids. They might’ve unlocked the future of rock n’ roll! 
 

Niko, London’s childhood friend is the guitar player but I’d be damned if that’s not Slash playing on this track.  Unless Niko’s sound has fully developed past those Joe Perry riffs.

edit: So it is Niko. Very impressive. These guys don’t need VR. They got something special brewing. They need to keep at it🤟

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 1:52 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah if I didn't already know who was on it I would think that was an unreleased VR song.

Which gives me an idea: what if they did a VR reunion tour but with that kid singing? I would go see that.

The rythym section sounds very VR, just has that vibe. Really like the guitar solo outro. I hope the band has alot of potential and an album/ep eventuates. 

I woukd really like slash to reform VR in some shape way or form. Even putting SMKC maybe on more of a hiatus.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

The rythym section sounds very VR, just has that vibe. Really like the guitar solo outro. I hope the band has alot of potential and an album/ep eventuates. 

I woukd really like slash to reform VR in some shape way or form. Even putting SMKC maybe on more of a hiatus.......

Now that the GnR reunion has happened I don't think VR will ever happen again, and he's implied in the past that he's kind of over it too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slash and also Duff never talked too positively about the VR days, so I doubt that they would want it to reunite, but I think a one-off show maybe for the 20th Contraband anniversary with Scott's son on vocals would be cool

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 8:39 AM, illusiononthewall said:

Exactly! The “thing” that they were hinting at us won’t see the light of day anytime soon (most likely he WILL win). It’s not easy being a GNR fan. 

Thank God I was wrong. Now Axl don’t have any excuses to not release something. I wonder if he will stop tweeting after the Biden inauguration since he won’t have anything to complain about. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattromero said:

It surprises me that Axl haven't post anything about the election result yet
I thought he would at least make a celebration post or something

Maybe he doesnt want to piss of any Trump voters because Guns is about to release an album?

Nah, just kidding!

  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Y'all seen meegan's latest post? She just confirmed Slash is in the studio recording for SMKC. :lol: I think it's either he's given up on GN'R finishing any record or it's already been done for a while now. 

Could be either...or he could be working on both...he likes to work. I do wonder if there is substance to the rumour it’s done (GNR) and has been for a bit?

As we know Slash has said up until recently he has been working on GNR stuff. It could also just be demos as I’m sure I read that Myles Kennedy was not exactly sold on SMKC stuff in the near future?

 

Edited by DTJ80
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Could be either...or he could be working on both...he likes to work. I do wonder if there is substance to the rumour it’s done (GNR) and has been for a bit?

As we know Slash has said up until recently he has been working on GNR stuff. It could also just be demos as I’m sure I read that Myles Kennedy was not exactly sold on SMKC stuff in the near future?

 

Yeah probably recording demos for SMKC, but who knows. GN'R is now radio silent again after posting some tease last week that's probably about the election or new tour dates. At this point I think it'll be a miracle if this band released anything new.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Yeah probably recording demos for SMKC, but who knows. GN'R is now radio silent again after posting some tease last week that's probably about the election or new tour dates. At this point I think it'll be a miracle if this band released anything new.

I reckon slash and co have given up waiting to release anything with Axl.

His just annoyingly inactive when it comes to releasing anything. The last thing we got was Rock the Rock 2 years ago and prior to that chinese democracy 12 years ago....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vloors said:

I reckon slash and co have given up waiting to release anything with Axl.

His just annoyingly inactive when it comes to releasing anything. The last thing we got was Rock the Rock 2 years ago and prior to that chinese democracy 12 years ago....

 

I’m still intrigued by that. Was it a really new song? Cuz If it is, Axl’s vocals were on fire. He sounds like Hollywood Rose Axl in that track. If he released something with that voice, oh my... I can’t even put in words. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Have you seen the amount he has to give his ex-wife every month?  That dude is staying in GNR playing the same setlist for the rest of his days lol

Pretty much this - Slash is NEVER leaving GNR 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, illusiononthewall said:

This actually makes sense? :wow:

I wish it did! But Im reminded of how at the very start of the NITL tour, in Mexico City, the band brought out a huge pinata of Trump and had audience members (and Del) smash it to pieces.

Which to me, would carry the same risk as tweeting about the election results before a potential album drop?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

The useless posts continue

Seriously. I come here looking for updates and it’s always the same one or two posters talking absolute nonsense and adding nothing to the discussions. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...