Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

7 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Dude be careful with your statements specially when discussing professional careers. managerial positions ( IN ANY FIELD! ) is not that formulated and as per book as written above.

Since you have provided a checklist, let me provide you with another one regarding MUST-HAVE qualities of a manager and give me one example that either Fernando or Beta are matching with any of the below points: 

1. They help develop artists' careers

2. They have a deep and detailed knowledge of an artist's portfolio 

3. They are well aware of the latest trends, technological advancements and marketing 

4. They must have broad network of connections within the industry

5. Work ethic and drive

6. Creative problem solving and fast decision making

7. They handle pressure well

8. They communicate honestly

9. They are open to new ideas

10. They are a role model

11. They are creative minded

-- 

Give me only ONE example and I'll shut up.

I don’t think it’s classified information that TB as an enterprise will never represent another band or artist. I have doubts that TB commands any type of respect within the industry. If Axl has no heirs or a wife, then I assume TB being his family will inherit his estate and some portion of GNR.

• Like 1

RICHARD FORTUS Says BUCKETHEAD And BUMBLEFOOT 'Had A Difficult Time Assimilating' Into 'Band World' Within GUNS N' ROSES

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-says-buckethead-and-bumblefoot-had-a-difficult-time-assimilating-into-band-world-within-guns-n-roses/

During an appearance on a video podcast hosted by Todd Kerns, the bassist of SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus talked about what it was like to work with Buckethead for a couple of years in the early 2000s. The eccentric musician (real name Brian Carroll), who wears a fried-chicken bucket on his noggin and talks only through a hand puppet, quit GUNS N' ROSES in 2004 after becoming fed up with GUNS' inability to complete an album or tour, his manager told MTV at the time.

"Bucket is very musical, but I think a lot of guys like that — phenomenal, prodigious talent — they're not necessarily… I think Bucket's music is great," Fortus said (see video below). "What he does on his own, he's out there, but he did understand how to make three guitars work, and that's a very difficult thing. And he would lay out and just stand there and be weird and Bucket-y, and then he would come in on the choruses, and it would be huge. He got that; he understood that. [He's] a phenomenal talent. But the thing is, socially, guys like Bucket spend so much time in their bedroom practicing that they don't really — it's just different for them socially.

"Being in a band, you've gotta relate to people," Fortus continued. "And I think Bucket struggled with that. I always got along with him, but I think he really had a tough time with that. Same with [another former GUNS guitarist] Ron Thal [Bumblefoot] — he had a difficult time sort of assimilating into that 'band world,' 'cause he hadn't done it before."

Richard, who joined GUNS in late 2001 or early 2002, went on to talk about how playing with a group of people requires an ability to understand and connect to others, thereby developing social skills.

"When you think about that time that you spent rehearsing with other people, playing on stage with other people, traveling in a van, sleeping on floors with people, that teaches you how to be married to four other people," he said. "It really is a skill that you learn; it's a skillset that you have to develop, or it doesn't work. You've gotta be a team player, but you've also gotta be driven and motivated."

Last September, Fortus told "The Radical With Nick Terzo" podcast that it has been at times difficult to adjust to the different musicians that came through GUNS N' ROSES since he joined the band nearly two decades ago.

"I love Robin [Finck, guitar]. I loved his playing. I loved working with him. And, obviously, Tommy [Stinson, bass] is like my brother. We were all very tight. And then there was Bucket, who was just sort of out on his own. But it was very musical, and it was exciting to be a part of. He's a phenomenal talent. Man, he's pretty out there. And he definitely can be difficult to work with. I enjoyed working with him, 'cause he's very musical.

"It was a difficult dynamic to make three guitars work," Fortus said. "[Buckethead] did an excellent job, because he understood the dynamics of it and how the puzzle pieces have to fit together, and Bucket really understood that. Everything sort of has to have its place.

"When [Buckethead] left and Ron Thal [a.k.a. Bumblefoot] came in, it was a different dynamic, because I think Ron had been used to sort of doing his own thing, with his own band, so he didn't really get how that worked, or how to make it work. So it was difficult at that time."

Fortus got his big break when his band PALE DIVINE opened for THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS. This led to Fortus forming the band LOVE SPIT LOVE with PSYCHEDELIC FURS frontman Richard Butler and drummer Frank Ferrer. In 2000, Fortus and Ferrer became touring members of the reformed PSYCHEDELIC FURS before Fortus hooked up with GUNS N' ROSES. Ferrer himself joined GN'R in 2006.

GUNS N' ROSES is now reportedly working on a new studio album — the first under the GUNS banner since 2008's "Chinese Democracy" and the first to feature guitarist Slash, singer Axl Rose and bassist Duff McKagan since 1993.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

The other lack of respect to TB among the the fanbase is also around the YT takedowns. 

If Axl didn't agree or had the final saying in this it would not have happened!

Stop blaming TB, in GNR world they are only "yes" men and can only "advice" Axl, in what to do, but we know how that goes! AXL IS THE BOSS!

Edited by Legendador

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

Stop blaming TB, in GNR world they are only "yes" men and can only "advice" Axl, in what to do, but we know how that goes! AXL IS THE BOSS!

On 1/6/2021 at 1:16 PM, jamillos said:

Nevertheless, if nothing else, I’m sure as hell Axl didn’t tell Merchnando to act like an arrogant, smug & wronged prick when talking to the fans... 

;) 

Edited by jamillos

13 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

How bizarre to read that line. A new album with Axl being 60. 

A very sad state of affairs considering the wealth of material he is sat on and has been for decades.

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

I believe it's more their record label than them.

9 hours ago, Legendador said:

Whos to say axl was told about the takedowns?. Do you think axl cares about videos being put online from their shows?.

I dont think axl would care about any of their shows online, considering we only have 2 official live DVDs tokyo 92 and appetite for democracy. That shows axls care factor about having live shows given to the fanbase.

Edited by Sydney Fan

On 1/7/2021 at 4:22 PM, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Adler/Sorum return speculation starts now. 

Seems that on other forums that the Adler chat is already starting....and Izzy. Not convinced myself but certainly seems to be a growing opinion there is something in this. 🤷🏼‍♂️

9 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Seems that on other forums that the Adler chat is already starting....and Izzy. Not convinced myself but certainly seems to be a growing opinion there is something in this. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think a similar comment was made earlier last year by a well-respected person on this forum, and it all seems to correlate with Guns using the AFD logo for their Australian/New Zealand tour late this year as well.

I think the possibility is there that Steven and Izzy may be involved to some extent, but i do not think they have replaced Frank and Richard as full-time members. Richard still talks as if he's a member, and Frank is reliable and still shares GN'R stuff. If anything, it may be that Steven and Izzy have agreed to participate in live concerts and maybe contribute to some studio stuff. That's wishful thinking though.

My opinion - i would prefer new music than another run on the reunion train, but if we can have both, that would be fantastic.

On 1/5/2021 at 6:35 PM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Uh oh, Frank acknowledged the joke this band has become. We know what happens to those who do this. He will be replaced on the next tour by a talentless emo chick who forum users will simp for and pretend is an upgrade.

Such a shitty post. 

I can sum it up, "Guns n Roses does not have girls in the line up!!!". Sorry to burst your bubble, but there some amazing female drummers (add all instruments to that) out there don't be so bloody ignorant. 

Melissa is obviously a great singer, regardless of you liking her rnb style solo music or not. So insinuating she is talentless is really, really dumb. Even DJ had talent, he was very average and sloppy but still.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Such a shitty post. 

I can sum it up, "Guns n Roses does not have girls in the line up!!!". Sorry to burst your bubble, but there some amazing female drummers (add all instruments to that) out there don't be so bloody ignorant. 

Melissa is obviously a great singer, regardless of you liking her rnb style solo music or not. So insinuating she is talentless is really, really dumb. Even DJ had talent, he was very average and sloppy but still.

I haven't paid attention to her singing. When Pitman was ousted in 2016 tons of users on here, including many nu-guns fans, trashed Pitman, calling him talentless despite him writing at least two tracks that nu-guns fans claim to love, while heaping praise on Melissa who has written nothing but useless noise (yes, just my opinion, but surely if it was so wrong users on here would have found some of her work they like and talked about it, hoping she would bring something like that to a new Guns record) in her collaborations with Brain & Bucket. They justified this by saying she was more attractive than Chris. If that's not simping what is?

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I haven't paid attention to her singing. When Pitman was ousted in 2016 tons of users on here, including many nu-guns fans, trashed Pitman, calling him talentless despite him writing at least two tracks that nu-guns fans claim to love, while heaping praise on Melissa who has written nothing but useless noise (yes, just my opinion, but surely if it was so wrong users on here would have found some of her work they like and talked about it, hoping she would bring something like that to a new Guns record) in her collaborations with Brain & Bucket. They justified this by saying she was more attractive than Chris. If that's not simping what is?

Like with DJ, a lot of people shit on Pitman because of his attitude/personality, and that goes back farther than 2016.

Buckethead released 2 different multi-disc sets featuring Brain and Melissa, check some of that stuff out. They're called Best Regards and Kind Regards. If you search 'Buckethead best regards' on youtube one of the first songs will be Blue Disc: Track 1, I recommend that one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Pitman was a tool, that is the justification for preferring Melissa! Of course she is attractive too, so that's great! And I'm positive there's guys and gals here that might just want to enjoy looking at her! that's all good! But you can't dismiss her obvious ability. Likewise, I really didn't like Pitman, but he obviously had talent! like you said he was all over the credits on CD.

As far as her other projects, well if you love GNR and hard rock it's quite unlikely that you're going to go out of your way to listen to her music. Even though I don't particularly like that music, she's had some success with it, so there's clearly others who do and I'm sure if I sat and went through her music I'd find something I liked! But I really haven't given it much of a listen!

This might sound naive to you, but Axl didn't just hire her because she was pretty. He needed someone capable, I think she covers what's needed. 

On 1/6/2021 at 10:58 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Yes it has been Live Nation for managing the tour. They even had one of theif staff on the tour with TB, since day1 managing things. I wouldnt blame them considering how much $$$$ they would have invested to make sure TB dont fuck it up.

That tour manager was Angie Warner.

Does everyone remember when Angie won an awsrd and how Fernando posted a shitstorm that she didnt deserve it because the tour was a "team effort".?.:facepalm:

Do you have an exact quote from Fernando on that? That's so embarrassing🤣 In his mind, he was the mastermind behind the reunion "I initiated the reunion... I got Slash's number for Axl.... after he told me to" 😄 

• Haha 1