Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

too bad Matt didn't agree to Gn'R's offer to join them for a song or two without getting paid, if only for it to serve as a way to be in better terms with Axl. I still think of him as a part of Gn'R's history. I wonder if his book will eventually come out officially and if it had anything to do with Axl.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

too bad Matt didn't agree to Gn'R's offer to join them for a song or two without getting paid, if only for it to serve as a way to be in better terms with Axl. I still think of him as a part of Gn'R's history. I wonder if his book will eventually come out officially and if it had anything to do with Axl.

I didn't get to read his book - was he really asked to play without pay? I would have told them to fuck off too.

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I didn't get to read his book - was he really asked to play without pay? I would have told them to fuck off too.

Only a few guest spots like Adler did. The book was badly written and Matt came across as a big headed arsehole IMO

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

haven't got around to it yet, but some fans who have read it were kind enough to post excerpts of the book. Pretty sure Matt said it, yes.

I just think that the best strategy was to accept the offer and you know... maybe also for the fans and take some enjoyment in playing a couple of Guns tunes with Axl, Slash, and Duff again.

28 minutes ago, Rovim said:

haven't got around to it yet, but some fans who have read it were kind enough to post excerpts of the book. Pretty sure Matt said it, yes.

I just think that the best strategy was to accept the offer and you know... maybe also for the fans and take some enjoyment in playing a couple of Guns tunes with Axl, Slash, and Duff again.

I mean if they were playing LA and he was home off tour, and they said "come play a few songs tonight!" Sure! that makes total sense with or without money, It's not like he can't You could be mine or whatever! However! If they are in SA or just middle America that involves getting on a plane and say "fly out", I understand where someone might say yes! but I think you have got to be paid for doing that guest spot. 

Of course it could have opened a dialogue, I think he'd love to be playing with them though... but he doesn't want to share the stage. 

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

it was accidentally put on sale digitally and then pulled, but a small group of people managed to buy it before they've corrected the error.

Ah. Lucky people. Any ideas on when it will be released. I know it was pushed back at one point

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Even reading that little interview he comes off a douche. I like him, don't get me wrong. But it sounds like his book is just going to be him bitching about how he was an outsider...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Even reading that little interview he comes off a douche. I like him, don't get me wrong. But it sounds like his book is just going to be him bitching about how he was an outsider...

It's shite. Unless you want to hear stories about how successful he was with women, (which are so frequent and tiresome that, like the bore in the pub, you do wonder if he's ever actually spoken to a woman) it's really not worth your time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's shite. Unless you want to hear stories about how successful he was with women, (which are so frequent and tiresome that, like the bore in the pub, you do wonder if he's ever actually spoken to a woman) it's really not worth your time. 

Doesn't he talk about Duff making fun of Frank as a drummer?

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Doesn't he talk about Duff making fun of Frank as a drummer?

Very very briefly yeah at the end. Says Duff said 'fuck Izzy' and that Frank can't play.

Not sure whether I believe it at all though, as there's an awful lot of "I'm great and anyone and everyone has screwed me over" throughout. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Very very briefly yeah at the end. Says Duff said 'fuck Izzy' and that Frank can't play.

Not sure whether I believe it at all though, as there's an awful lot of "I'm great and anyone and everyone has screwed me over" throughout. 

Thanks.

Matt has given off that vibe to me anyways for a while after listening to him in interviews.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think he's lying about that part.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 2:59 PM, Rovim said:

Do you think Matt may have burnt any bridges for Velvet Revolver to get going again by doing so?

23 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I pre ordered on amazon. That one song they sang on SNL was awesome. Hopefully the rest of the album is cool.

Well, Slash said GNR has been doing new music, so guess time will tell or not?

To be fair to them - they have said that they were aiming to do something totally different with this one......based on the two singles however it sounds like it’s going to be awful (IMO). Neither are any good. At least they put it out there and you know it won’t be long before another album arrives.