Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I think they could handle that even with a new singer; however, I don't see VR coming back to existence, given that when Slash doesn't tour with GN'R, he always has his solo stuff to pursue, and reforming VR would mean involving Duff and having to resolve the drummer issue, since we can't expect Matt being there, not after the book (which I'm sure the guys already know the content thereof). There's no reason for VR to be resurrected. And Guns will start touring again as soon as it's possible, no doubts. 

Edited by jamillos

25 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't think Slash and Duff would have a problem doing VR again with Matt but now that GnR is going and Slash has SMKC as well, why would they? It was fun while it lasted but they've moved on.

And nobody is asking for new Velvet Revolver music, especially without Scott, anyway. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

I think any chance of Velvet Revolver coming back died with Weiland. 

No disagreement there, I can't see them doing anything now. 

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't think Slash and Duff would have a problem doing VR again with Matt but now that GnR is going and Slash has SMKC as well, why would they? It was fun while it lasted but they've moved on.

Slash and Duff might not have a problem working with Matt, But with how Jealous Matt clearly is, Would he want to work with Slash and Duff after being shoved aside? I know it's only hypothetical, But People never thought the NITL tour would happen

47 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Slash and Duff might not have a problem working with Matt, But with how Jealous Matt clearly is, Would he want to work with Slash and Duff after being shoved aside? I know it's only hypothetical, But People never thought the NITL tour would happen

Of course he would, he's not going to turn down a far bigger paycheck than whatever crumbs he's making now, relatively speaking, of course..

7 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Sure why not? I'm sure they would be able to patch things up pretty easily.

Another evidence to me that Matt is full of shit about his bashing stories in his book is the Snakepit part. Didn't he say he asked Slash to erase all his parts after Slash choosed Eric Dover as lead singer for "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" without asking Matt or something like that? 

Why is he part of the music video to Beggars and Hangers-on then?

Because he's full of shit, that's why!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ratam said:

👌 now i will delete my.post too 😄

I guess with Matt it's tricky cause I like his playing style a lot but he comes off as very agenda driven. He recently posted a short positive comment on Slash's and Duff's instagram and was a part of a cover Slash was involved in over Zoom (The Beatles - Come Together) so I don't think it was a dig at Slash and Duff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

I guess with Matt it's tricky cause I like his playing style a lot but he comes off as very agenda driven. He recently posted a short positive comment on Slash's and Duff's instagram and was a part of a cover Slash was involved in over Zoom (The Beatles - Come Together) so I don't think it was a dig at Slash and Duff.

I not knew it about Slash and Duff. But you're right he is agenda driven. He like play games.

12 hours ago, Ratam said:

Yes, i suspect it, he has ulterior motives.... or maybe is a dig to Slash and Duff.

If Axl, Slash and Duff still had beef I would say you're probably right but why should a picture of Axl bother Slash and Duff? No, that's no dig at them. 

Matt posts always random nostalgia pictures of the past. He was involved in one of the biggest tours in history and the UYI tour was his most successful moment of his career. Reminding his followers he was part of that, is simply to stay relevant. If I was part of something big like that, I would do the same tbh. 

Releasing a book, bashing the shit out of this time, is another story. And posts like that make it even harder to believe.

18 hours ago, ckgent said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKF6OuqDXso/?igshid=pkx896t8kxoy

Matt sharing a picture from Wembley stadium with Axl. 

On the post he says possibly wembley stadium, as they played it twice and the Freddie show but then goes on to say about Axl joining Elton for Bo Rap. So clearly know what show it is so why add the possibly?

27 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

On the post he says possibly wembley stadium, as they played it twice and the Freddie show but then goes on to say about Axl joining Elton for Bo Rap. So clearly know what show it is so why add the possibly?

I think it's like "well and if that's the case, then it went like this: ..." 

On 1/14/2021 at 8:29 PM, El Guapo said:

And nobody is asking for new Velvet Revolver music, especially without Scott, anyway. 

Supposedly a whole album with corey taylor was recorded. I love scott but I for one would be interested in hearing what corey did.

• Like 1