Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont get the hate for this book.

I guess because it's not an album and Fernando is already disliked by many. Also he's using Gn'R's popularity by naming it SCOM so that has the potential to annoy maybe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 29.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I guess because it's not an album and Fernando is already disliked by many. Also he's using Gn'R's popularity by naming it SCOM so that has the potential to annoy maybe.

I suppose those points could be applied to all merch though :shrugs:

This is maybe one of the only items of merch I would consider buying, if there was a kid who'd enjoy it. Introduce them to my Guns fandom. To each their own.

• Like 1
Just now, soon said:

This is maybe one of the only items of merch I would consider buying, if there was a kid who'd enjoy it. Introduce them to my Guns fandom. To each their own.

honestly, I think it's a cool idea. There's no harm in a children's book surely. I do feel like it's kinda different compared to the Gn'R merch cause this doesn't really have anything to do with Gn'R. Just seems like Fernando's personal project that he named SCOM but my position on it is 'so what?'.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

honestly, I think it's a cool idea. There's no harm in a children's book surely. I do feel like it's kinda different compared to the Gn'R merch cause this doesn't really have anything to do with Gn'R. Just seems like Fernando's personal project that he named SCOM but my position on it is 'so what?'.

Yeah I think its neat and different, too. As I say its more up my alley than say a Funko Pop. Im into illustration. (More below...)

5 minutes ago, EricA said:

It's the simple fact, that TB are "using" their own kids to make money out of the GnR brand, the book has NOTHING to do with the band or their history, but it's promoted as IF the kids are part of it.

That's only my pov, as you say, to each their own.

Yeah, fair.

You and Rovim both mentioned about it having 'nothing to do with Guns' and Im just not sure I get that? The words of the story are the lyrics as far as I know? The pages I glanced at were like a lyric video in childrens book form.

52 minutes ago, soon said:

I have a kid and still wouldn't waste my money on that shit.

Any Guns fan who gives a shit about new music should vote with their wallets and stop buying their cheap tat.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I have a kid and still wouldn't waste my money on that shit.

Any Guns fan who gives a shit about new music should vote with their wallets and stop buying their cheap tat.

For me this merch has more value than, say, a t-shirt of the song bad apples :shrugs:

Im not sure I understand the connection to the album? 

1 hour ago, soon said:

Yeah I think its neat and different, too. As I say its more up my alley than say a Funko Pop. Im into illustration. (More below...)

Yeah, fair.

You and Rovim both mentioned about it having 'nothing to do with Guns' and Im just not sure I get that? The words of the story are the lyrics as far as I know? The pages I glanced at were like a lyric video in childrens book form.

I don't consider using the lyrics of SCOM in Fernando's book in that way as a good enough of a reason to legitimately call it a work that could be classified as Gn'R related, but I suppose technically it is.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, EricA said:

It's the simple fact, that TB are "using" their own kids to make money out of the GnR brand, the book has NOTHING to do with the band or their history, but it's promoted as IF the kids are part of it.

Agree with everything you said. And if Fernando/team Brazil had any sort of talent they could release a children's book with no relation to gnr.

instead they are relying heavily on using the gnr brand and scom song to sell their book.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, EricA said:

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Agree with everything you said. And if Fernando/team Brazil had any sort of talent they could release a children's book with no relation to gnr.

instead they are relying heavily on using the gnr brand and scom song to sell their book.

You're correct, that's what makes it so irritating. Because if it wasn't tied to GnR no one would care or buy it.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, architect1971 said:

I’m ok with a Children’s book...anybody here remember the GNR Rock a ByBaby album...i played it for both my little ones (still do as I have a two year old)..it’s actually really soothing. At least it’s better than your typical lullaby songs:)👍

Forgot about that. I had the Metallica one for my two kids when they were babies.

And here we are complaining that GnR have not put out many albums over the last few decades. They should really re-release the GnR Rock a ByBaby album with a Silkworms remix and of course the brand new music of Shadow of Your Love on it.  That would keep us happy until the Chinese Democracy follow-up is released...  :D

Edited by DownUnderScott
l
3 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Forgot about that. I had the Metallica one for my two kids when they were babies.

And here we are complaining that GnR have not put out many albums over the last few decades. They should really re-release the GnR Rock a ByBaby album with a Silkworms remix and of course the brand new music of Shadow of Your Love on it.  That would keep us happy until the Chinese Democracy follow-up is released...  :D

haha..great idea!👍👍

• Like 1

I just saw the book on Amazon. As far as I can tell it's nothing but the lyrics to the song coupled with some mediocre illustrations that apparently tell some kind of a story about a little girl and her dad(?)

I didn't think anybody would like the book because any GNR fan would hate it whereas any non-GNR fan wouldn't have any interest in it. Yet on Amazon it has some glowing reviews (if those are for real). "If you love Guns n' Roses then you'll love the book." :facepalm:

To me the idea of using this book to introduce a kid to your GNR fandom seems incredibly phony. This book has nothing to do with the GNR you were a fan of so you'd be lying to your kid. And why would you want to push GNR to a child in the first place?

• Like 3