Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

That is sadly par for the course at this point and has been the case since 2017. To be honest, I've not been a big fan of Axl's vocal approach on November Rain since 2002, but there would have been better performances throughout the tour since 2016 that they could have chosen from. It's better than nothing yada yada, I can't believe that they choose performances so carelessly, especially with how big their social media following is - comments like the above are to be expected when you approach things half arsed.

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

This is from those dire Ceasears Palace shows isn't it? It did the rounds a few weeks back.

The band look so tired and bored. Those shows are a total low point for GNR. Feel sorry for the people that paid money to see it really. 

Were you there? I went to both and they were awesome. 

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Top comment: well I used to like this song. :lol:

At this point I'm convinced that whoever decides to upload these videos, doesn't watch them first...

Yeah the comments are brutal and rightly so 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

Were you there? I went to both and they were awesome. 

No, I'm basing it on the videos obviously, which are obviously appalling as seems to be the universal opinion. I don't think anyone could watch them, or has watched them, and say it looks any good. 

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. It's always funny when people, who weren't at the show, judge it.

Well, to a point. But there are shows that you see videos from where everyone just agrees that it wasn't great. Berlin, Abu Dhabi spring to mind. I think people are perfectly entitled to call those shows disasters even though they weren't there! 

As I say, the videos coming out of these shows are truly awful, and everyone seems to think the same.....so I think the general opinion is that these Ceasars Palace shows were really rather poor. 

If you can't have opinions on things based on tangible evidence, such as recorded videos, then really we can only ever critique things we've seen with our own eyes. Which is obviously ridiculous. 

You have to call a spade a spade sometimes.....from these videos, this show looks like a total stinker. Someone going along and saying they enjoyed really isn't going to change people's opinions when they're confronted with a video of a band that looks lazy tired and sloppy. 

2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Yeah the comments are brutal and rightly so 

Absolutely. The idea that all those people can't criticise it because they weren't there is absurd. People are going to call it as they see it. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I don't even watch these videos anymore, it's too depressing.

It really is. It's like watching the band fall to sleep in front of your eyes. I can't understand why anyone would think it's acceptable. Virtually no-one does anymore though I suppose. If this is the standard of love show they turn in, I hate to say it, but it's time to just call it a day. 

• Sad 2

The Caesars palace shows were great as the venue was awesome. Good opportunity to get up close and personal but on a grand scale. Very different to a stadium gig.

That second show Jason Momoa was sat in front of me then went side stage. 

Axl wasn’t the best I’ve heard him but I remember certain songs like Dead Horse sounding amazing. It’s on YouTube 

The guy is getting older and the voice ages. When you’re at a gig and it’s extremely loud and mixed for the venue it’s inevitably gonna sound more enjoyable anyway.  

Here is a fan recording of same performance. To me Axl sounds better in the mix - 

Edited by reayj2003
  • Like 1

:facepalm:

Why oh why do they persist on showing poor performances of a song which is going to get loads of views and then rubbished and laughed at?!?!

As said elsewhere - pick a 2016/17 version and immediately it’s better. The whole band sounds bored - such a lifeless performance backed by poor vocals.

Shooting themselves in the foot again.

• Sad 1

I can't be surprised any more than I was when seeing the recent bit with Angus - not only did they pick that particular gig, but they also picked the bit where they fucked up. It can't get any worse - and considering it could hardly be sabotage on TB's part, it's gotta be sheer ignorance, incompetence, and overall idiocy. Doing this otherwise defies any logic whatsoever. Shame, such a great band - and such a worthless "management team". I wish Slash and Duff stepped in... 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

:facepalm:

Why oh why do they persist on showing poor performances of a song which is going to get loads of views and then rubbished and laughed at?!?!

As said elsewhere - pick a 2016/17 version and immediately it’s better. The whole band sounds bored - such a lifeless performance backed by poor vocals.

Shooting themselves in the foot again.

This baffles me totally too. It's like they go out of the way to pick the worst shows, when we know they have performances that wipe the floor with this nonsense. 

As you say, it's totally lifeless. They're clearly sleepwalking through shows, and look totally bored of being onstage. It's not so much Axl's voice for me, as just the general sense of a band who are phoning in things in, and can't seem to hide that fact. 

It's not like they don't have good shows to choose from, from a time when the band seem motivated. 

It's totally bizaare.

Edited by allwaystired
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

This baffles me totally too. It's like they go out of the way to pick the worst shows, when we know they have performances that wipe the floor with this nonsense. 

As you say, it's totally lifeless. They're clearly sleepwalking through shows, and look totally bored of being onstage. It's not so much Axl's voice for me, as just the general sense of a band who are phoning in things in, and can't seem to hide that fact. 

It's not like they don't have good shows to choose from, from a time when the band seem motivated. 

It's totally bizaare.

Exactly mate. I keep harping on about it but Summer 2016 is the ‘sweet spot’ where vocally gets was on point (as has been effectively confirmed with the Houston cuts) and the band were really on fire. They had that ‘buzz’ with it all being fresh and new and really did kick ass. THATS what we want to see.

Late 2016 through to mid 2017 it starts to slide but it’s more than acceptable.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Exactly mate. I keep harping on about it but Summer 2016 is the ‘sweet spot’ where vocally gets was on point (as has been effectively confirmed with the Houston cuts) and the band were really on fire. They had that ‘buzz’ with it all being fresh and new and really did kick ass. THATS what we want to see.

Late 2016 through to mid 2017 it starts to slide but it’s more than acceptable.

There were still some great shows up to 2019 I think. After that it just seems there was a general lack of interest. 

The only reason I can think of for showing these poor shows is that they might be saving the good ones for some of official release? Otherwise, I'm totally at a loss as to why you'd want to highlight weak performances over strong ones! 

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There were still some great shows up to 2019 I think. After that it just seems there was a general lack of interest. 

The only reason I can think of for showing these poor shows is that they might be saving the good ones for some of official release? Otherwise, I'm totally at a loss as to why you'd want to highlight weak performances over strong 

Nobody will care about the "good stuff" at that point. It's too late now anyway for a NITL release. And with every one of this shitty selects and fb and instagram videos less people would pay for a slightly better version of it.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 3

I'd pay good money for digital HD releases of the shows I attended in 2011, 2012, 2016, etc.

Id imagine the band would make money offering these pro shot shows digitally to their fans. 

I'd like pro shots of 2002 and 2006 shows too. I'd pay money. Take my money GN'R! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

The only reason I can think of for showing these poor shows is that they might be saving the good ones for some of official release? Otherwise, I'm totally at a loss as to why you'd want to highlight weak performances over strong ones! 

Even if that was their plan (and it's such a stupid plan that it actually may have been,) they've dropped the ball yet again. Nobody with even slightly functioning ears is gonna listen to that November Rain and think "yea, I'd buy their live album."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I'd pay good money for digital HD releases of the shows I attended in 2011, 2012, 2016, etc.

Id imagine the band would make money offering these pro shot shows digitally to their fans. 

I'd like pro shots of 2002 and 2006 shows too. I'd pay money. Take my money GN'R! 

I’d prefer a physical release to purchase but I’d take a digital release for sure. Literally minimum effort for them and they would coin it in........yet nothing 😤

• Like 1