Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, Euchre said:

Why does everyone think TB is the problem ? I would have assumed they can't make any moves without the say so of Axl, and likewise if he wants them to do something its not like they are going to say no ?

Nevertheless, if nothing else, I’m sure as hell Axl didn’t tell Merchnando to act like an arrogant, smug & wronged prick when talking to the fans (and basically giving them no information altogether or promising stuff that never happens) once a year over fucking Reddit…

• Replies 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

This is a great idea and the most sensible thing for the GnR brand moving forward. The Lebeis family have actually been very, very good at organising world tours and the logistics of such a huge undertaking, so credit where it’s due. But they have no idea about PR and marketing & promotion so this is an area that has hurt GnR due to it being largely ignored. Having said that, they still sell millions of tickets so obviously it’s not hurting them too much financially!

I think it's Live Nation that has done most of the work there, and it's not because of TB that they've sold so many tickets.

14 hours ago, vloors said:

Got to remember it was Axls decision to hire all those unqualified family members in the first place. His to blame for all of this.

Yep.

The reason why they were hired was because axl didnt trust other managers because he felt their agenda was to initiate a reunion. So now that a reunion has happened whats axls excuse now for not using a proper management team for the band i wonder?.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think it's Live Nation that has done most of the work there, and it's not because of TB that they've sold so many tickets.

Yes it has been Live Nation for managing the tour. They even had one of theif staff on the tour with TB, since day1 managing things. I wouldnt blame them considering how much $$$$ they would have invested to make sure TB dont fuck it up.

That tour manager was Angie Warner.

Does everyone remember when Angie won an awsrd and how Fernando posted a shitstorm that she didnt deserve it because the tour was a "team effort".?.:facepalm:

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Does everyone remember when Angie won an awsrd and how Fernando posted a shitstorm that she didnt deserve it because the tour was a "team effort".?.:facepalm:

Yes, was a very immature and unprofessional response.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Sweersa said:

They are probably referring to the US election instead of new music, or anything else they should actually be focused on. 

Nah, it's about vaccines and all the stuff imo. 

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yes it has been Live Nation for managing the tour. They even had one of theif staff on the tour with TB, since day1 managing things. I wouldnt blame them considering how much $$$$ they would have invested to make sure TB dont fuck it up.

That tour manager was Angie Warner.

I recall that episode. I have zero issues with TB, but he went super petty to be recognized in that moment. Like, come on dude, you and Del’s specialty is dealing with a talent as large as Axl, not managing a stadium tour. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jamillos said:

With all that's happening in the world... you guys can't selfishly expect anything! 

True, as fans of a band that's putting out albums every 2 or 3 years, we're very impatient and selfish.

And yes! COVID is the reason we don't hear anything new from the band. Otherwise in pre-covid time they used to spoil us with new material raining from all over the place.

On a serious note, Axl is musically impotent and Team Brazil is worst than COVID.
Team Brazil is a Parasite and nightmare for any professional musician who truely cares about his artistic career.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 3
22 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

True, as fans of a band that's putting out albums every 2 or 3 years, we're very impatient and selfish.

And yes! COVID is the reason we don't hear anything new from the band. Otherwise in pre-covid time they used to spoil us with new material raining from all over the place.

On a serious note, Axl is musically impotent and Team Brazil is worst than COVID.
Team Brazil is a Parasite and nightmare for any professional musician who truely cares about his artistic career.

It's not Covid, now it's the Capitol chapter! Shit is happening all the time, it's just us selfish GN'R fans who don't realize it! They gave us Saskatoon, HoB, the Village sessions... all carefully edited and mastered by TB. I mean, what more could we possibly ask for!? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It's not Covid, now it's the Capitol chapter! Shit is happening all the time, it's just us selfish GN'R fans who don't realize it! They gave us Saskatoon, HoB, the Village sessions... all carefully edited and mastered by TB. I mean, what more could we possibly ask for!? 

I'm no defending TB, but I don't think many of you know the real job description of a band manager! They are not the boss, the band is the boss and in this case AXL is the boss.

TEAM BRAZIL can suggest, but  it is AXL who decides about SELECTS, BOOKS and has the final saying in what, how and the worst WHEN!

There's no new music / record because AXL doesn't want to!

SO LET'S GO

Band managers are hired by music groups to handle the business aspects of the music industry. They guide the artists' careers, provide advice and act as a liaison between the band and others in the music business. 

A band manager works closely with a music group to help make major decisions regarding the creative and business direction of the band. The manager is the person the musicians put in charge of the business side of the industry so that they can focus on making music. Some band managers work for management companies, while others work independently. A manager often works on commission. Some take on more than one client; others work full-time with one band.

The duties required of a band manager vary greatly depending on the individual needs of the artist. Some managers focus exclusively on a few duties, such as advising the band on creative, business and personal decisions and assisting them in finding engagements. Others take on multiple roles, such as booking agent, promoter and travel arranger. Managers often negotiate recording contracts and help the band members understand their responsibilities.

So stop bitching about TM, which peoplo only do solely by the fact that they are Brazilians at this point.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I'm no defending TB, but I don't think many of you know the real job description of a band manager! They are not the boss, the band is the boss and in this case AXL is the boss.

TEAM BRAZIL can suggest, but  it is AXL who decides about SELECTS, BOOKS and has the final saying in what, how and the worst WHEN!

There's no new music / record because AXL doesn't want to!

SO LET'S GO

Band managers are hired by music groups to handle the business aspects of the music industry. They guide the artists' careers, provide advice and act as a liaison between the band and others in the music business. 

A band manager works closely with a music group to help make major decisions regarding the creative and business direction of the band. The manager is the person the musicians put in charge of the business side of the industry so that they can focus on making music. Some band managers work for management companies, while others work independently. A manager often works on commission. Some take on more than one client; others work full-time with one band.

The duties required of a band manager vary greatly depending on the individual needs of the artist. Some managers focus exclusively on a few duties, such as advising the band on creative, business and personal decisions and assisting them in finding engagements. Others take on multiple roles, such as booking agent, promoter and travel arranger. Managers often negotiate recording contracts and help the band members understand their responsibilities.

So stop bitching about TM, which peoplo only do solely by the fact that they are Brazilians at this point.

I am aware of all this, and my grievances didn’t mean that I think it’s TB who decide about releasing stuff. (And btw, I couldn’t care less whether they’re from Brazil, Norway, or Egypt as far as I’m concerned.) Neither was my post predominantly about them – it was about the band constantly not giving us anything, plus their management making lame excuses in addition. Same old same old tiring crap. ;) 

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I am aware of all this, and my grievances didn’t mean that I think it’s TB who decide about releasing stuff. (And btw, I couldn’t care less whether they’re from Brazil, Norway, or Egypt as far as I’m concerned.) Neither was my post predominantly about them – it was about the band constantly not giving us anything, plus their management making lame excuses in addition. Same old same old tiring crap. ;) 

Sorry if it looked like I was talking about you! I was saying in general!

But I also think they don't manage the band in the right way, I don't now if you saw this, but today they posted on Facebook another cryptic message "Pantiently Fn waiting...", which was their job to say "don't do it", they always do that, create expectations on the fans and nothing never happens.

Just don't say anything to fuck with our minds!

But I also said that "brazilian stuff", because they never gave a hard time on Allan, Goldstein, Merck, Doc and so on...