Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 1/5/2021 at 6:35 PM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Uh oh, Frank acknowledged the joke this band has become. We know what happens to those who do this. He will be replaced on the next tour by a talentless emo chick who forum users will simp for and pretend is an upgrade.

Such a shitty post. 

I can sum it up, "Guns n Roses does not have girls in the line up!!!". Sorry to burst your bubble, but there some amazing female drummers (add all instruments to that) out there don't be so bloody ignorant. 

Melissa is obviously a great singer, regardless of you liking her rnb style solo music or not. So insinuating she is talentless is really, really dumb. Even DJ had talent, he was very average and sloppy but still.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Such a shitty post. 

I can sum it up, "Guns n Roses does not have girls in the line up!!!". Sorry to burst your bubble, but there some amazing female drummers (add all instruments to that) out there don't be so bloody ignorant. 

Melissa is obviously a great singer, regardless of you liking her rnb style solo music or not. So insinuating she is talentless is really, really dumb. Even DJ had talent, he was very average and sloppy but still.

I haven't paid attention to her singing. When Pitman was ousted in 2016 tons of users on here, including many nu-guns fans, trashed Pitman, calling him talentless despite him writing at least two tracks that nu-guns fans claim to love, while heaping praise on Melissa who has written nothing but useless noise (yes, just my opinion, but surely if it was so wrong users on here would have found some of her work they like and talked about it, hoping she would bring something like that to a new Guns record) in her collaborations with Brain & Bucket. They justified this by saying she was more attractive than Chris. If that's not simping what is?

How rare is it! Matt Sorum posted an comment in GNR FB! Is about of The post about Remembering David Bowie birthday. It says Matt post: " Great shot", he means for these Bowie and Axl pics next  one an other.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I haven't paid attention to her singing. When Pitman was ousted in 2016 tons of users on here, including many nu-guns fans, trashed Pitman, calling him talentless despite him writing at least two tracks that nu-guns fans claim to love, while heaping praise on Melissa who has written nothing but useless noise (yes, just my opinion, but surely if it was so wrong users on here would have found some of her work they like and talked about it, hoping she would bring something like that to a new Guns record) in her collaborations with Brain & Bucket. They justified this by saying she was more attractive than Chris. If that's not simping what is?

Like with DJ, a lot of people shit on Pitman because of his attitude/personality, and that goes back farther than 2016.

Buckethead released 2 different multi-disc sets featuring Brain and Melissa, check some of that stuff out. They're called Best Regards and Kind Regards. If you search 'Buckethead best regards' on youtube one of the first songs will be Blue Disc: Track 1, I recommend that one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Pitman was a tool, that is the justification for preferring Melissa! Of course she is attractive too, so that's great! And I'm positive there's guys and gals here that might just want to enjoy looking at her! that's all good! But you can't dismiss her obvious ability. Likewise, I really didn't like Pitman, but he obviously had talent! like you said he was all over the credits on CD.

As far as her other projects, well if you love GNR and hard rock it's quite unlikely that you're going to go out of your way to listen to her music. Even though I don't particularly like that music, she's had some success with it, so there's clearly others who do and I'm sure if I sat and went through her music I'd find something I liked! But I really haven't given it much of a listen!

This might sound naive to you, but Axl didn't just hire her because she was pretty. He needed someone capable, I think she covers what's needed. 

On 1/6/2021 at 10:58 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Yes it has been Live Nation for managing the tour. They even had one of theif staff on the tour with TB, since day1 managing things. I wouldnt blame them considering how much $$$$ they would have invested to make sure TB dont fuck it up.

That tour manager was Angie Warner.

Does everyone remember when Angie won an awsrd and how Fernando posted a shitstorm that she didnt deserve it because the tour was a "team effort".?.:facepalm:

Do you have an exact quote from Fernando on that? That's so embarrassing🤣 In his mind, he was the mastermind behind the reunion "I initiated the reunion... I got Slash's number for Axl.... after he told me to" 😄 

• Haha 1

too bad Matt didn't agree to Gn'R's offer to join them for a song or two without getting paid, if only for it to serve as a way to be in better terms with Axl. I still think of him as a part of Gn'R's history. I wonder if his book will eventually come out officially and if it had anything to do with Axl.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

too bad Matt didn't agree to Gn'R's offer to join them for a song or two without getting paid, if only for it to serve as a way to be in better terms with Axl. I still think of him as a part of Gn'R's history. I wonder if his book will eventually come out officially and if it had anything to do with Axl.

I didn't get to read his book - was he really asked to play without pay? I would have told them to fuck off too.

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I didn't get to read his book - was he really asked to play without pay? I would have told them to fuck off too.

Only a few guest spots like Adler did. The book was badly written and Matt came across as a big headed arsehole IMO

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

haven't got around to it yet, but some fans who have read it were kind enough to post excerpts of the book. Pretty sure Matt said it, yes.

I just think that the best strategy was to accept the offer and you know... maybe also for the fans and take some enjoyment in playing a couple of Guns tunes with Axl, Slash, and Duff again.

28 minutes ago, Rovim said:

haven't got around to it yet, but some fans who have read it were kind enough to post excerpts of the book. Pretty sure Matt said it, yes.

I just think that the best strategy was to accept the offer and you know... maybe also for the fans and take some enjoyment in playing a couple of Guns tunes with Axl, Slash, and Duff again.

I mean if they were playing LA and he was home off tour, and they said "come play a few songs tonight!" Sure! that makes total sense with or without money, It's not like he can't You could be mine or whatever! However! If they are in SA or just middle America that involves getting on a plane and say "fly out", I understand where someone might say yes! but I think you have got to be paid for doing that guest spot. 

Of course it could have opened a dialogue, I think he'd love to be playing with them though... but he doesn't want to share the stage. 

9 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Has Matt's book been released then? 

it was accidentally put on sale digitally and then pulled, but a small group of people managed to buy it before they've corrected the error.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

it was accidentally put on sale digitally and then pulled, but a small group of people managed to buy it before they've corrected the error.

Ah. Lucky people. Any ideas on when it will be released. I know it was pushed back at one point

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Even reading that little interview he comes off a douche. I like him, don't get me wrong. But it sounds like his book is just going to be him bitching about how he was an outsider...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Even reading that little interview he comes off a douche. I like him, don't get me wrong. But it sounds like his book is just going to be him bitching about how he was an outsider...

It's shite. Unless you want to hear stories about how successful he was with women, (which are so frequent and tiresome that, like the bore in the pub, you do wonder if he's ever actually spoken to a woman) it's really not worth your time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's shite. Unless you want to hear stories about how successful he was with women, (which are so frequent and tiresome that, like the bore in the pub, you do wonder if he's ever actually spoken to a woman) it's really not worth your time. 

Doesn't he talk about Duff making fun of Frank as a drummer?