Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Doesn't he talk about Duff making fun of Frank as a drummer?

Very very briefly yeah at the end. Says Duff said 'fuck Izzy' and that Frank can't play.

Not sure whether I believe it at all though, as there's an awful lot of "I'm great and anyone and everyone has screwed me over" throughout. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Very very briefly yeah at the end. Says Duff said 'fuck Izzy' and that Frank can't play.

Not sure whether I believe it at all though, as there's an awful lot of "I'm great and anyone and everyone has screwed me over" throughout. 

Thanks.

Matt has given off that vibe to me anyways for a while after listening to him in interviews.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think he's lying about that part.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 7:32 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Foo fighters are releasing a new album Jan of next year, so grohl has been busy.

Yeah, I pre ordered on amazon. That one song they sang on SNL was awesome. Hopefully the rest of the album is cool.

Well, Slash said GNR has been doing new music, so guess time will tell or not?

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I pre ordered on amazon. That one song they sang on SNL was awesome. Hopefully the rest of the album is cool.

FF has a 2nd single out now too.

On 1/10/2021 at 2:59 PM, Rovim said:

haven't got around to it yet, but some fans who have read it were kind enough to post excerpts of the book. Pretty sure Matt said it, yes.

Do you think Matt may have burnt any bridges for Velvet Revolver to get going again by doing so?

23 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

To be fair to them - they have said that they were aiming to do something totally different with this one......based on the two singles however it sounds like it’s going to be awful (IMO). Neither are any good. At least they put it out there and you know it won’t be long before another album arrives.

I think they could handle that even with a new singer; however, I don't see VR coming back to existence, given that when Slash doesn't tour with GN'R, he always has his solo stuff to pursue, and reforming VR would mean involving Duff and having to resolve the drummer issue, since we can't expect Matt being there, not after the book (which I'm sure the guys already know the content thereof). There's no reason for VR to be resurrected. And Guns will start touring again as soon as it's possible, no doubts. 

Edited by jamillos

25 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't think Slash and Duff would have a problem doing VR again with Matt but now that GnR is going and Slash has SMKC as well, why would they? It was fun while it lasted but they've moved on.

And nobody is asking for new Velvet Revolver music, especially without Scott, anyway. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

I think any chance of Velvet Revolver coming back died with Weiland. 

No disagreement there, I can't see them doing anything now. 

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't think Slash and Duff would have a problem doing VR again with Matt but now that GnR is going and Slash has SMKC as well, why would they? It was fun while it lasted but they've moved on.

Slash and Duff might not have a problem working with Matt, But with how Jealous Matt clearly is, Would he want to work with Slash and Duff after being shoved aside? I know it's only hypothetical, But People never thought the NITL tour would happen

47 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Slash and Duff might not have a problem working with Matt, But with how Jealous Matt clearly is, Would he want to work with Slash and Duff after being shoved aside? I know it's only hypothetical, But People never thought the NITL tour would happen

Of course he would, he's not going to turn down a far bigger paycheck than whatever crumbs he's making now, relatively speaking, of course..

7 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Sure why not? I'm sure they would be able to patch things up pretty easily.

Another evidence to me that Matt is full of shit about his bashing stories in his book is the Snakepit part. Didn't he say he asked Slash to erase all his parts after Slash choosed Eric Dover as lead singer for "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" without asking Matt or something like that? 

Why is he part of the music video to Beggars and Hangers-on then?

Because he's full of shit, that's why!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ratam said:

👌 now i will delete my.post too 😄

I guess with Matt it's tricky cause I like his playing style a lot but he comes off as very agenda driven. He recently posted a short positive comment on Slash's and Duff's instagram and was a part of a cover Slash was involved in over Zoom (The Beatles - Come Together) so I don't think it was a dig at Slash and Duff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

I guess with Matt it's tricky cause I like his playing style a lot but he comes off as very agenda driven. He recently posted a short positive comment on Slash's and Duff's instagram and was a part of a cover Slash was involved in over Zoom (The Beatles - Come Together) so I don't think it was a dig at Slash and Duff.

I not knew it about Slash and Duff. But you're right he is agenda driven. He like play games.