Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

10 hours ago, dgnr said:

There's Slash. Playing a machine partially designed by Slash, full of images, references and memorabilia from Slash, it's playing a song about Slash's high school friend, also written by Slash. The video is silent because of the song copyright. Laughable, really.

'Never happened, all made up, fallacy and fantasy. Not one single solitary thread of truth to it'

Wtf are You talking about? Check meegans video on insta and be quiet.

Edited by StayofExecution2020

27 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Omg they posted November rain on Instagram. "It was released in 1992" umm no it was released in 1991. And there is not a single close up of AXL in the video. What the actual.

They're probably referring to when it was released as a single, which was in '92.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Top comment: well I used to like this song. :lol:

At this point I'm convinced that whoever decides to upload these videos, doesn't watch them first...

That's a good one, lol.

They've got a pretty big social media team, so these would have to be checked and approved, probably by multiple people. They should have just uploaded an old performance from the 90's, or if they really had to do NITL, a clip of the last few minutes or so (with Axl screaming over Slash's solo).

These videos are pathetic and probably do more harm than good. 

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That's a good one, lol.

They've got a pretty big social media team, so these would have to be checked and approved, probably by multiple people. They should have just uploaded an old performance from the 90's, or if they really had to do NITL, a clip of the last few minutes or so (with Axl screaming over Slash's solo).

These videos are pathetic and probably do more harm than good. 

They definitely do more harm than good...

That is sadly par for the course at this point and has been the case since 2017. To be honest, I've not been a big fan of Axl's vocal approach on November Rain since 2002, but there would have been better performances throughout the tour since 2016 that they could have chosen from. It's better than nothing yada yada, I can't believe that they choose performances so carelessly, especially with how big their social media following is - comments like the above are to be expected when you approach things half arsed.

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

This is from those dire Ceasears Palace shows isn't it? It did the rounds a few weeks back.

The band look so tired and bored. Those shows are a total low point for GNR. Feel sorry for the people that paid money to see it really. 

Were you there? I went to both and they were awesome. 

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Top comment: well I used to like this song. :lol:

At this point I'm convinced that whoever decides to upload these videos, doesn't watch them first...

Yeah the comments are brutal and rightly so 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

Were you there? I went to both and they were awesome. 

No, I'm basing it on the videos obviously, which are obviously appalling as seems to be the universal opinion. I don't think anyone could watch them, or has watched them, and say it looks any good. 

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. It's always funny when people, who weren't at the show, judge it.

Well, to a point. But there are shows that you see videos from where everyone just agrees that it wasn't great. Berlin, Abu Dhabi spring to mind. I think people are perfectly entitled to call those shows disasters even though they weren't there! 

As I say, the videos coming out of these shows are truly awful, and everyone seems to think the same.....so I think the general opinion is that these Ceasars Palace shows were really rather poor. 

If you can't have opinions on things based on tangible evidence, such as recorded videos, then really we can only ever critique things we've seen with our own eyes. Which is obviously ridiculous. 

You have to call a spade a spade sometimes.....from these videos, this show looks like a total stinker. Someone going along and saying they enjoyed really isn't going to change people's opinions when they're confronted with a video of a band that looks lazy tired and sloppy. 

2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Yeah the comments are brutal and rightly so 

Absolutely. The idea that all those people can't criticise it because they weren't there is absurd. People are going to call it as they see it. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I don't even watch these videos anymore, it's too depressing.

It really is. It's like watching the band fall to sleep in front of your eyes. I can't understand why anyone would think it's acceptable. Virtually no-one does anymore though I suppose. If this is the standard of love show they turn in, I hate to say it, but it's time to just call it a day. 

• Sad 2

The Caesars palace shows were great as the venue was awesome. Good opportunity to get up close and personal but on a grand scale. Very different to a stadium gig.

That second show Jason Momoa was sat in front of me then went side stage. 

Axl wasn’t the best I’ve heard him but I remember certain songs like Dead Horse sounding amazing. It’s on YouTube 

The guy is getting older and the voice ages. When you’re at a gig and it’s extremely loud and mixed for the venue it’s inevitably gonna sound more enjoyable anyway.  

Here is a fan recording of same performance. To me Axl sounds better in the mix - 

Edited by reayj2003
  • Like 1