Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

:facepalm:

Why oh why do they persist on showing poor performances of a song which is going to get loads of views and then rubbished and laughed at?!?!

As said elsewhere - pick a 2016/17 version and immediately it’s better. The whole band sounds bored - such a lifeless performance backed by poor vocals.

Shooting themselves in the foot again.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

I can't be surprised any more than I was when seeing the recent bit with Angus - not only did they pick that particular gig, but they also picked the bit where they fucked up. It can't get any worse - and considering it could hardly be sabotage on TB's part, it's gotta be sheer ignorance, incompetence, and overall idiocy. Doing this otherwise defies any logic whatsoever. Shame, such a great band - and such a worthless "management team". I wish Slash and Duff stepped in... 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
44 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

:facepalm:

Why oh why do they persist on showing poor performances of a song which is going to get loads of views and then rubbished and laughed at?!?!

As said elsewhere - pick a 2016/17 version and immediately it’s better. The whole band sounds bored - such a lifeless performance backed by poor vocals.

Shooting themselves in the foot again.

This baffles me totally too. It's like they go out of the way to pick the worst shows, when we know they have performances that wipe the floor with this nonsense. 

As you say, it's totally lifeless. They're clearly sleepwalking through shows, and look totally bored of being onstage. It's not so much Axl's voice for me, as just the general sense of a band who are phoning in things in, and can't seem to hide that fact. 

It's not like they don't have good shows to choose from, from a time when the band seem motivated. 

It's totally bizaare.

Edited by allwaystired
  • Sad 1
54 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

This baffles me totally too. It's like they go out of the way to pick the worst shows, when we know they have performances that wipe the floor with this nonsense. 

As you say, it's totally lifeless. They're clearly sleepwalking through shows, and look totally bored of being onstage. It's not so much Axl's voice for me, as just the general sense of a band who are phoning in things in, and can't seem to hide that fact. 

It's not like they don't have good shows to choose from, from a time when the band seem motivated. 

It's totally bizaare.

Exactly mate. I keep harping on about it but Summer 2016 is the ‘sweet spot’ where vocally gets was on point (as has been effectively confirmed with the Houston cuts) and the band were really on fire. They had that ‘buzz’ with it all being fresh and new and really did kick ass. THATS what we want to see.

Late 2016 through to mid 2017 it starts to slide but it’s more than acceptable.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Exactly mate. I keep harping on about it but Summer 2016 is the ‘sweet spot’ where vocally gets was on point (as has been effectively confirmed with the Houston cuts) and the band were really on fire. They had that ‘buzz’ with it all being fresh and new and really did kick ass. THATS what we want to see.

Late 2016 through to mid 2017 it starts to slide but it’s more than acceptable.

There were still some great shows up to 2019 I think. After that it just seems there was a general lack of interest. 

The only reason I can think of for showing these poor shows is that they might be saving the good ones for some of official release? Otherwise, I'm totally at a loss as to why you'd want to highlight weak performances over strong ones! 

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There were still some great shows up to 2019 I think. After that it just seems there was a general lack of interest. 

The only reason I can think of for showing these poor shows is that they might be saving the good ones for some of official release? Otherwise, I'm totally at a loss as to why you'd want to highlight weak performances over strong 

Nobody will care about the "good stuff" at that point. It's too late now anyway for a NITL release. And with every one of this shitty selects and fb and instagram videos less people would pay for a slightly better version of it.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 3

I'd pay good money for digital HD releases of the shows I attended in 2011, 2012, 2016, etc.

Id imagine the band would make money offering these pro shot shows digitally to their fans. 

I'd like pro shots of 2002 and 2006 shows too. I'd pay money. Take my money GN'R! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

The only reason I can think of for showing these poor shows is that they might be saving the good ones for some of official release? Otherwise, I'm totally at a loss as to why you'd want to highlight weak performances over strong ones! 

Even if that was their plan (and it's such a stupid plan that it actually may have been,) they've dropped the ball yet again. Nobody with even slightly functioning ears is gonna listen to that November Rain and think "yea, I'd buy their live album."

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I'd pay good money for digital HD releases of the shows I attended in 2011, 2012, 2016, etc.

Id imagine the band would make money offering these pro shot shows digitally to their fans. 

I'd like pro shots of 2002 and 2006 shows too. I'd pay money. Take my money GN'R! 

I’d prefer a physical release to purchase but I’d take a digital release for sure. Literally minimum effort for them and they would coin it in........yet nothing 😤

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I’d prefer a physical release to purchase but I’d take a digital release for sure. Literally minimum effort for them and they would coin it in........yet nothing 😤

Me too! I always opt for physical, when available. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Me too! I always opt for physical, when available. 

Physical all the way too! Chuck a few good concerts on CD/DVD and I'm there! 

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Even if that was their plan (and it's such a stupid plan that it actually may have been,) they've dropped the ball yet again. Nobody with even slightly functioning ears is gonna listen to that November Rain and think "yea, I'd buy their live album."

Good point. There does indeed seem to be no reason for this! 

• Like 1

Sad, is if nobody within the realm of Guns n Roses gives a damn anymore.  It feels like the end of a party, a couple of bottles  of half drunk beer, one record over and over again, a dude flaked out under the sofa and the promise of a disturbed kip...oh and some hope that that guy you were trying to get off with may come back but probably not.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I haven't watched it. When i see the NITL tags i know i'm not gonna like it. It's too awful to watch, like when you watch a wildlife documentary and there's a wounded animal you want to put it out of it's misery, that's the same feeling seeing most of these selects. David Attenborough should narrate the NITL selects.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I haven't watched it. When i see the NITL tags i know i'm not gonna like it. It's too awful to watch, like when you watch a wildlife documentary and there's a wounded animal you want to put it out of it's misery, that's the same feeling seeing most of these selects. David Attenborough should narrate the NITL selects.

It’d be more interesting than some of the footage we have had recently! 🤣

ANY TB FOLK LOOKING IN.........PLEASE, STOP WITH THE CHRONIC FOOTAGE. ITS EMBARRASSING TO WATCH/LISTEN. SHOWCASE THE GOOD STUFF - 2016/17. 😤

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Ratam said:

People who run them social media are deaf...?? Someone that to advise how pick better videos..?

In their defence its hard to hear Axls voice and the bands performance how far up his ass they are.

• Like 1

I could not finish that video. No effort at all from anyone in that song. What a drain on my ears.

I can sing in the shitter better than that effort.

its amazing how the band performing this thinks its acceptable and the social media team happily release it LoL cannot get over it. 

Are they self sabotaging themselves or what.

• Like 1