Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

20 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, I didn't argue that all Americans have a conflicted relationship with swearing or cursing, but pointed out that on the surface there definitely seems to be a thing with US' society (as compared to, say, Europe), and even explained how such apparent paradoxes may arise from the fact that USA is such a heterogenous society. 

Oooh you used big words. You must be correct then 👍🏻 

I've cursed in gettin m front of my kids since they were born.   I don't get upset if they swear as long as they're not being disrespectful to their elders and such.   I also find no shame in the human body and think America in general should not be so focused on censorship.

I live in the deep southern states, where you'd think it would be super conservative, but we have the French Quarter, Mardi Gras and encourage guilty pleasures

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rjuncajun said:

I've cursed in gettin m front of my kids since they were born.   I don't get upset if they swear as long as they're not being disrespectful to their elders and such.   I also find no shame in the human body and think America in general should not be so focused on censorship.

I live in the deep southern states, where you'd think it would be super conservative, but we have the French Quarter, Mardi Gras and encourage guilty pleasures

As a parent I try to come in at this with the argument that it doesn't really matter what words you use, but what your intention behind their use is. Words are just tools of communication, including swear words. I always ask my kids to look for intention, why the words are used, and that every word can be good or bad depending on context and intention. Cursing can be bad, like if you do it to hurt someone; but also not bad if you use it for, say, exclamation with no ill intent. There's simply a difference between, "you're a fucking disgrace" and "I fucking love you".

But as far as using swear words themselves, I try to teach them to use them sparingly even when there is no ill intent simply because some people, those that think the words themselves are bad, are bound to react negatively when they hear them regardless of intent. 

23 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

You didn’t use a full stop at the end of your sentence. I’m so angry !

You erroneously made a space before your exclamation mark. I'm so disappointed. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Axl seems to be excited for Vegas

It’s hyper irritating when you go into an Axl post just to see the chat and it’s almost exclusively folk professing their undying love and sharing video montages of him. Every single post and it’s not just a couple - it’s LOADS folk time and again. 🤦‍♂️

Moan over. 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Duff blocked me on IG but I really don't know why, because I appreciate him and I've never been offensive :huh: 

WTF?!?!?! What an asshole!!! Is Fernando the community manager of Duff account? :max:

I'm sorry girl :cry:

• Thanks 1