Jump to content

Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a friendly reminder:  

With any other band, it might mean "Hey we know the fans are talking about new music. And where's there's smoke, there's fire" meaning that new music is on the way.  With GNR, it probably just me

Well, well, well...   

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

How was that show? Remember that the start of the SA tour 2016 was a little shaky (Axl)...

Welcome to the jungle sounds quite good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know how to post a FB post here, but Richard is selling a huge number of guitars and amps on something called the Chicago Music Exchange... if I could’ve posted it, it’s a moving truck full of guitars and amps for sale it appears to me... Pretty stark example of the economics of rock n roll. One day you’re a rockstar with 799 guitars, the next you’re in a pawn shop... that’s the way I see it- if anyone knows more about it, please chime in. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I don’t know how to post a FB post here, but Richard is selling a huge number of guitars and amps on something called the Chicago Music Exchange... if I could’ve posted it, it’s a moving truck full of guitars and amps for sale it appears to me... Pretty stark example of the economics of rock n roll. One day you’re a rockstar with 799 guitars, the next you’re in a pawn shop... that’s the way I see it- if anyone knows more about it, please chime in. 

Interesting. I’ve always wondered how much Axl pays his staff like Richard. What do you all think? To be on contract with GnR and obviously they would stipulate that GnR is the priority with any side-interests not to conflict with plans, how much for a hired muso to take that gig?

I would have a guess around $100 00 - $150 000 per year with all expenses paid touring.

What do you all reckon?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Interesting. I’ve always wondered how much Axl pays his staff like Richard. What do you all think? To be on contract with GnR and obviously they would stipulate that GnR is the priority with any side-interests not to conflict with plans, how much for a hired muso to take that gig?

I would have a guess around $100 00 - $150 000 per year with all expenses paid touring.

What do you all reckon?

 

 

I remember around 2011 that the mother of Dizzy's daughter was asking for donations to go towards paying for their daughters further education. The salaries of the band from '02 allegedly got out years ago. I remember Bucket was on something like $40,000 a month - could all have been false though. Tommy was working in a call center before getting the Guns gig. Just goes to show how cut throat it is being a musician that isn't with one of the juggernauts making a comfortable living. There's probably more to it with 4tus selling these guitars, I'm sure he'll be doing alright!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 3:55 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

I don’t know how to post a FB post here, but Richard is selling a huge number of guitars and amps on something called the Chicago Music Exchange... if I could’ve posted it, it’s a moving truck full of guitars and amps for sale it appears to me... Pretty stark example of the economics of rock n roll. One day you’re a rockstar with 799 guitars, the next you’re in a pawn shop... that’s the way I see it- if anyone knows more about it, please chime in. 

I think he's just trying to sell off a bunch of gear that he doesn't use anymore.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 4:54 AM, Dean said:

I remember around 2011 that the mother of Dizzy's daughter was asking for donations to go towards paying for their daughters further education. The salaries of the band from '02 allegedly got out years ago. I remember Bucket was on something like $40,000 a month - could all have been false though. Tommy was working in a call center before getting the Guns gig. Just goes to show how cut throat it is being a musician that isn't with one of the juggernauts making a comfortable living. There's probably more to it with 4tus selling these guitars, I'm sure he'll be doing alright!

It also goes to show how important it is for musicians to be smart with their money, which most are not. The nature of feast or famine has always been the case with musicians, I know Duff has discussed it a lot. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

It also goes to show how important it is for musicians to be smart with their money, which most are not. The nature of feast or famine has always been the case with musicians, I know Duff has discussed it a lot. 

True, i always find sad when many musicians need fundraise money to treatements or surgery, at times in they old age too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 7:54 PM, Dean said:

I remember around 2011 that the mother of Dizzy's daughter was asking for donations to go towards paying for their daughters further education. The salaries of the band from '02 allegedly got out years ago. I remember Bucket was on something like $40,000 a month - could all have been false though. Tommy was working in a call center before getting the Guns gig. Just goes to show how cut throat it is being a musician that isn't with one of the juggernauts making a comfortable living. There's probably more to it with 4tus selling these guitars, I'm sure he'll be doing alright!

Oh cool, if that is true about Buckethead then that’s pretty damn good money!  I always find it pitiful and rude when musicians ask for donations for their own personal life. Like fuck off, be wise with your money or suck it up like the rest of us 😄

It certainly is cut throat and I remember seeing a music doco on Netflix about hired guns and how the job can be gone all of a sudden, like Pitman for instance. 
 

4Tus is a smart dude, I’m sure he is wise and mature enough too, so yeah probably just shedding gear he no longer uses.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 4:45 AM, DownUnderScott said:

Interesting. I’ve always wondered how much Axl pays his staff like Richard. What do you all think? To be on contract with GnR and obviously they would stipulate that GnR is the priority with any side-interests not to conflict with plans, how much for a hired muso to take that gig?

I would have a guess around $100 00 - $150 000 per year with all expenses paid touring.

What do you all reckon?

 

 

At least 150k. Maybe 250k tops. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 3:43 AM, DownUnderScott said:

It certainly is cut throat and I remember seeing a music doco on Netflix about hired guns and how the job can be gone all of a sudden, like Pitman for instance.

Well. When you're a douche, the job can be gone regardless of being a musician or not. He's only got himself to blame. And even non musicians could/would have lost their jobs for that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 11:55 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

I don’t know how to post a FB post here, but Richard is selling a huge number of guitars and amps on something called the Chicago Music Exchange... if I could’ve posted it, it’s a moving truck full of guitars and amps for sale it appears to me... Pretty stark example of the economics of rock n roll. One day you’re a rockstar with 799 guitars, the next you’re in a pawn shop... that’s the way I see it- if anyone knows more about it, please chime in. 

He is selling gear to buy a guitar that probably costs something like 1 million dollars. It's a 58 or 59 Les Paul. Highly collectable. Kirk Hammet did the same to buy his greenie Les Paul when Gary Moore passed away. I don't think Fortus has any issue with money nor salaries, You don't buy a guitar like that unless you have enough assets.

Edited by Ifdworld
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

This video is very loudly saying “no, Izzy and Steven will not be at these shows despite us using their likeness in the promotional shot last year.” 

 

Yeah. What they forgot to mention is that only fools would have expected that in the first place.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Not bashing Richard at all. He’s a phenomenal guitar player and a great guy. But the hair is a little bit too much for me. Not as bad as Duff’s new teeth though..... 

Money makes people do interesting things sometimes. 

Where can I see duff's new teeth? :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha. Richard's pretty cool though. I take this as compensation for that Axl's "mane" which is gone. I mean, someone has to maintain the equilibrium in the band, right? Not counting the chick, Slash's been the only hippie there.  :4tus:

Edit: Oh and Dizzy, always forget Dizzy. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...